View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 672 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 1725726226626686696706716726736746756766827227721172 ... LastLast
Results 10,066 to 10,080 of 21657

Hopefully DC will work on putting content previously published in their archive editions into new omnibus editions. Me personally would like Omnibus Editions of
    Metal Men
    Challengers of The Unknown
    More Golden Age (Flash, Green Lantern, Sandman)
    Legion of Superheroes
    Sgt. Rock
    Doctor Fate (1988 Run)

Quote Originally Posted by AlecHolland View Post
    Hopefully DC will work on putting content previously published in their archive editions into new omnibus editions. Me personally would like Omnibus Editions of
    Metal Men
    Challengers of The Unknown
    More Golden Age (Flash, Green Lantern, Sandman)
    Legion of Superheroes
    Sgt. Rock
    Doctor Fate (1988 Run)
    The Challengers of the Unknown proto omni is still readily available, I doubt we will ever see another hc release of it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post

Looks like. Amazon updated the description now. I think DC originally planned to make it a vol 3 but then realized many more people would be likely to buy them all if they started over with vol 1, which I think was smart. I'll happily upgrade to the new versions. If Amazon has the number of issues right for vol 1, then a new vol 2 will get us all the way to the O'Neil/Adams stuff!
    so now the Silver age GL vol1 tpb will come out before the new ed. SA GL omnibus then? bit weird and now I'm not sure which one to get.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My accumulated DC haul from the past few months:

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I can't believe Sgt. Rock and Jonah Hex aren't getting Omnibus Bronze and Silver Age reprints.
    Has there been something said to the issue that they will not get Omni'd?
    If not then just because they haven't been announced yet, doesn't mean they won't be. Patience.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Actually the volume 1 with extra issues tracks with the poster on the MMW board so that makes him spot on for everything so far. I'm really gonna enjoy those 2 volumes of Superman per year

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Actually the volume 1 with extra issues tracks with the poster on the MMW board so that makes him spot on for everything so far. I'm really gonna enjoy those 2 volumes of Superman per year
    Do you have a link to this post/thread? I must have missed out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by enguarde22 View Post
    Do you have a link to this post/thread? I must have missed out on it.
    http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...rchive?page=11

the poster is JeffDyer he has been ahead of announcements since page 11 by a good bit.

the original post:

Hey gang!

I have a friend at DC and have gotten some info on these Omnibus books! Here's what I know:

There are no plans for Silver Age Superman, Batman or Wonder Woman. Yet. And that's because DC is going in order from the Golden Age forward because the source material is becoming so scarce. The unofficial plan is two Batman, two Superman and one WW volume per year. My friend assures me we will be at the Silver Age before we know it.

There will be a "surprise" character that is probably tied to media like Supergirl and Suicide Squad. Interesting!

The next JLA volume will indeed be JLA BRONZE AGE VOL 1.

Also, they will go back to press with GREEN LANTERN SILVER AGE VOL 1 and it will have matching trade dress along with a Cooke cover. It will combine Vol 1 and most of Vol 2. FLASH VOL 1 and JLA VOL 1 are both still in print, so no new printings coming anytime soon.

Thought this was good info and especially reassuring that there's a long range plan for the big three!!

Jeff

AUG160326.jpg
    Found this image the other day. This seems to be the cover for Silver Age Flash omnibus V2, figured you guys would want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...rchive?page=11

the poster is JeffDyer he has been ahead of announcements since page 11 by a good bit.

the original post:

Hey gang!

I have a friend at DC and have gotten some info on these Omnibus books! Here's what I know:

There are no plans for Silver Age Superman, Batman or Wonder Woman. Yet. And that's because DC is going in order from the Golden Age forward because the source material is becoming so scarce. The unofficial plan is two Batman, two Superman and one WW volume per year. My friend assures me we will be at the Silver Age before we know it.

There will be a "surprise" character that is probably tied to media like Supergirl and Suicide Squad. Interesting!

The next JLA volume will indeed be JLA BRONZE AGE VOL 1.

Also, they will go back to press with GREEN LANTERN SILVER AGE VOL 1 and it will have matching trade dress along with a Cooke cover. It will combine Vol 1 and most of Vol 2. FLASH VOL 1 and JLA VOL 1 are both still in print, so no new printings coming anytime soon.

Thought this was good info and especially reassuring that there's a long range plan for the big three!!

Jeff
    Golden Age Batman will have 2 more omnis (Vol. 3 and 4) to wrap up the golden age right?

What do you guys think of the possibility of Alan Scott and Jay Garrick Omnis? Maybe when the Flash Movie comes out. Also anybody hear about a oversized edition of Mike Grell's Green Arrow or have any insight on whether that would happen or not.

One more thing. It looks like we are getting more artists on the Omni/paperback covers. The Silver Age Adam Strange cover has a different cover artist (I think, different signature) and the bronze age Brave and Bold has art that does not look like Cooke's style.STL019273.jpg

What do you guys think of the possibility of Alan Scott and Jay Garrick Omnis? Maybe when the Flash Movie comes out. Also anybody hear about a oversized edition of Mike Grell's Green Arrow or have any insight on whether that would happen or not.
    No, but a lot of us on here would love one. I personally don't see it happening, but who knows.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Golden Age Batman will have 2 more omnis (Vol. 3 and 4) to wrap up the golden age right?
    Depends on where they draw the line (I've seen Batman 103 and Detective 236 from October 1956 being designated as the start of the Silver Age for those titles). From my rough calculations, seems like it'd take a total of around 11 or 12 volumes to collect all the Golden Age issues including Detective and Batman as well as the issues of World's Finest, Star Spangled, All-Star, etc. that feature Batman during the Golden Age. Again, just a rough estimation based on the number of issues.