View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 365 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2653153553613623633643653663673683693754154658651365 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 21672

Hooray for me:

image.jpg
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I have absolutely NO idea why DC published them out of order but it's seriously egregious. I just finished reading this series myself (I have it bound). It's essential to read the backups in order and right after the issue they were originally published because it helps you understand the issue you just read. Here's how they should be read (issue # first and the backup story that accompanies it):

#3 - 'Tales of the New Gods' by Miller
    #4 - 'Ashes, Ashes, we all fall down' by Gibbons
    #6 - 'The Perfect Servant' by Larsen
    #7 - 'Death and his brother' by Chaykin
    #8 - 'Dead End' by Liefeld (yuck)
    #10 - 'Light!' by Arthur Adams (my absolute favorite backup story in the entire series!)
    #12 - 'The Garden' by Jim Lee
    #13 - 'The arming of Apokolips' by Simonson
    #14 - 'Frankenstein's Legacy' by Simonson
    #15 - 'Greater than/Lesser than' by John Paul Leon
    #18 - 'A Good Servant' by Milgrom
    #19 - 'The art of the deal' by Eddie Campbell

Although I applaud you for creating this list and many, many people will find it useful, I don't personally feel like they need to be read in exact order. I read 3, 4, 5 "issues" and then would jump to the back and read the first few, then back to the front for three or four more and then to the back.

I don't think it's that big of a deal, and it's certainly no where near as bad as the clusterfuck Marvel created with the Spider-Verse OHC.

That said, I really enjoyed the Orion book (and check out the massively, awesome IDW Star Slammers book that collects the Simonson saga), however, I'm still scratching my head about the plot line/relevance of the newsboys in the main Orion run. Maye I read over it too quickly. I don't know.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Hooray for me:

image.jpg
    Ouch! Which book is this?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Some Amazon Fish:

Contagion/Legacy in one book (hopefully with Bane of the Demon and the Bane one shot) : Batman: Legacy/Contagion https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401260683..._f.VHvbFMZPZWV

Azrael Vol. 1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401260608..._rbWHvbD8VDNHM

Batman: Road to No Man's Land Vol. 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401260632..._ocWHvbKPYDFFF

Cassandra Cain: Batgirl Vol. 1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401260721..._HdWHvbPFWE8TS
    Love it. Nostalgia hits.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    why? is the absolute not worth it? im debating if i should pick it up or not.
    Oh no, it's definitely worth it! That story is amazing and I hear the Absolute is beautifully constructed. I just prefer Deluxes for uniformity.

Incredible Member

Hooray for me:

image.jpg
    Ouch, that sucks.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I'm abroad with the family at the moment with limited access to the Internet, but just wanted to say that it's great news regarding the Golden Age Batman Omnibus. Although, as ShooCat mentioned, it's a little worrying that there's no "Vol. 1" stated. Maybe, it got left out by mistake.

Hooray for me:

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Ouch! Which book is this?
    Looks like the infamous Absolute Kingdom Come printing error.
    One of the reasons I would not buy this New.
    Sorry about the crappy luck. :/

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Some Amazon Fish:

Contagion/Legacy in one book (hopefully with Bane of the Demon and the Bane one shot) : Batman: Legacy/Contagion https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401260683..._f.VHvbFMZPZWV

Azrael Vol. 1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401260608..._rbWHvbD8VDNHM

Batman: Road to No Man's Land Vol. 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401260632..._ocWHvbKPYDFFF

Cassandra Cain: Batgirl Vol. 1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401260721..._HdWHvbPFWE8TS
    The most exciting news all month.

My god will I be pissed if DC effs up Contagion/Legacy by not including Bane of the Demon or the Batman: Bane one-shot!

Get it right DC. Please. It's so easy.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

torn about buying the new DKR HC, sold my standalone DKR DKSB hc's in preparation for the new release only to find out Miller is doing a 3rd story so we are bound to get all 3 released in one volume at some point, could be years though, anybody else in a similar position?

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    however, I'm still scratching my head about the plot line/relevance of the newsboys in the main Orion run. Maye I read over it too quickly. I don't know.
    Sets up the Arnicus Wolfram storyline after Orion returns from the Abyssmal Plane. Wolfram is the developer who was buying up Suicide Slum. The Newsgroup Legion delay that with their pay-per-view showcase of the Orion/Darkseid fight.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Although I applaud you for creating this list and many, many people will find it useful, I don't personally feel like they need to be read in exact order. I read 3, 4, 5 "issues" and then would jump to the back and read the first few, then back to the front for three or four more and then to the back.

I don't think it's that big of a deal
    I'd disagree entirely. Every backup is pertinent to either the main story of that issue, or sets some groundwork for the next. They certainly can be read out of order, but you're missing out on the best reading experience.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Sets up the Arnicus Wolfram storyline after Orion returns from the Abyssmal Plane. Wolfram is the developer who was buying up Suicide Slum. The Newsgroup Legion delay that with their pay-per-view showcase of the Orion/Darkseid fight.
    Oh yeah. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    I'd disagree entirely. Every backup is pertinent to either the main story of that issue, or sets some groundwork for the next. They certainly can be read out of order, but you're missing out on the best reading experience.
    Naw, some of them were background and could have come out whenever.
    Now granted, I wouldn't read the Orion stuff first and then read the back ups once I'm done, but I don't think they're THAT connected. But each to their own. Would I have liked them in order? Sure.

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Hooray for me:

image.jpg
    I bought a copy a few months ago that had the same issue. Luckily I still have my Graphitti Designs copy to reference. Here's what the page should read:

And here's the link if you want to download a full resolution copy: http://i.imgur.com/xYiFJYY.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    I bought a copy a few months ago that had the same issue. Luckily I still have my Graphitti Designs copy to reference. Here's what the page should read:

And here's the link if you want to download a full resolution copy: http://i.imgur.com/xYiFJYY.jpg
    Thanks! I'll just print this off and slide it in so I can read it when I get around to it lol.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos