View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 856 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3567568068468528538548558568578588598608669069561356 ... LastLast
Results 12,826 to 12,840 of 21662
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Also, I know this is for HC/Deluxe/Omnis, but does anyone know yet if the solicit for the Batman: Legacy vol 1 is correct? After the newer Contagion trade, this one seems kinda light at 10 issues.
    I checked the contents of the following both at my local store today:

Batman Legacy vol 1
    Batman 533
    Shadow of the Bat 53
    Catwoman 33-35
    Detective 697-700
    Robin 31
    EXTRAS - 2x Variant Covers for Detective 700

So this reprints the previously uncollected Lock Up 3 parter and Catwoman issues but surprisingly not the 4 part "Bane of the Demon" story which, while published after the event is set before as it shows how Bane ends up working for Ras Al Ghul in the story

Knightfall Omnibus 1 -the book was sealed so this is taken from the back cover
    Batman 484-500
    Shadow of the Bat 16-18
    Vengeance of Bane 1
    Detective 654-666
    Showcase '93 7-8

So we get the previously uncollected Batman issues with Black Mask & JPV training with Robin issues plus Bane vs Croc & Riddler hopped up on Venom and the previously uncollected Detective Comics of "The General" story

Fantastic Member

The lack of Bane of the Demon is reeeeally surprising considering it wasn't mentioned in the solicitation. And it should be read after #700, which is at the end of the book.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Anyone know what type of timeline we can expect to know if the pre-orders on Superman Golden Age vol5 Omni and Green Arrow Golden Age vol.1 Omni are on pace to secure those going to print?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    The lack of Bane of the Demon is reeeeally surprising considering it wasn't mentioned in the solicitation. And it should be read after #700, which is at the end of the book.
    I was surprised to see Bane of the Demon left out, but if it's meant to be read after 'Tec 700 (I've never read any of these stories) then maybe it will be included with volume 2. Especially now that Batman vs Bane seems to be out of print.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    I checked the contents of the following both at my local store today:

Batman Legacy vol 1
    Batman 533
    Shadow of the Bat 53
    Catwoman 33-35
    Detective 697-700
    Robin 31
    EXTRAS - 2x Variant Covers for Detective 700

So this reprints the previously uncollected Lock Up 3 parter and Catwoman issues but surprisingly not the 4 part "Bane of the Demon" story which, while published after the event is set before as it shows how Bane ends up working for Ras Al Ghul in the story

Knightfall Omnibus 1 -the book was sealed so this is taken from the back cover
    Batman 484-500
    Shadow of the Bat 16-18
    Vengeance of Bane 1
    Detective 654-666
    Showcase '93 7-8

So we get the previously uncollected Batman issues with Black Mask & JPV training with Robin issues plus Bane vs Croc & Riddler hopped up on Venom and the previously uncollected Detective Comics of "The General" story
    This is great, thank you. It's been forever since I've read the issues leading up to Knightfall.

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Anyone picking the Knightfall Omnibus up today? I wouldn't mind seeing some picks/ info on the quality if someones able to before I order it.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

With Rucka off Wonder Woman, I'm assuming well get two deluxe editions worth of his. I wonder who will be the next writer.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    With Rucka off Wonder Woman, I'm assuming well get two deluxe editions worth of his. I wonder who will be the next writer.
    What's the verdict on his run? Better or worse than Azzarello's?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    This is great, thank you. It's been forever since I've read the issues leading up to Knightfall.
    No problem at all

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Anyone picking the Knightfall Omnibus up today? I wouldn't mind seeing some picks/ info on the quality if someones able to before I order it.
    I'd like to see pics too, but I already ordered from IST. It's featured this week, so it's 50% off...I got it for $48 with the extra 2% off from a previous order. Not too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    What's the verdict on his run? Better or worse than Azzarello's?
    His original run back from 2003 was really good. Haven't personally read his Rebirth stuff outside the Rebirth #1 issue, but i haven't heard anything negative.

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    I ordered it, but probably won't be here till early next week. Been looking forward to reading this one for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I'm bummed, but glad he's leaving on his terms. I wonder if they'll just drop the deluxe editions and just put it in an omnibus instead

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I ordered it, but probably won't be here till early next week. Been looking forward to reading this one for a while.

I'm bummed, but glad he's leaving on his terms. I wonder if they'll just drop the deluxe editions and just put it in an omnibus instead
    At 26 issues. It'll be pretty great. Ruckas stories tend to read better as a whole regardless.

Incredible Member

I've not been the biggest fan of Ruckas Wonder Woman so far, which is a shame because I love most anything the man does (Lazarus, Queen & Country, Checkmate, Gotham Central), but it just kind of feels disconnected fromt he rest of the Rebirth Universe at the minute (even worse than Azzarellos run) and it also feels like hes spent the entire time sticking two fingers up to anyone who came before him and removing from continuity anything that wasnt his, I also dropped it from my pull list before the last batch of solicitations came out because I was getting frustrated with how disjointed the entire thing felt, maybe it'll read better when it has a definite end point.

I've been enjoying Perez and Azzarellos WW much more than Ruckas most recent stint.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I've not been the biggest fan of Ruckas Wonder Woman so far, which is a shame because I love most anything the man does (Lazarus, Queen & Country, Checkmate, Gotham Central), but it just kind of feels disconnected fromt he rest of the Rebirth Universe at the minute (even worse than Azzarellos run) and it also feels like hes spent the entire time sticking two fingers up to anyone who came before him and removing from continuity anything that wasnt his, I also dropped it from my pull list before the last batch of solicitations came out because I was getting frustrated with how disjointed the entire thing felt, maybe it'll read better when it has a definite end point.

I've been enjoying Perez and Azzarellos WW much more than Ruckas most recent stint.
    I'm eagerly waiting for Perez Omni V.2, that's gonna be amazing. As for Rucka, that's too bad to hear. At least the art looks good?