View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Could anybody tell me the paper quality of:

JLA Vol.5 Paperback (by Waid, Hitch, and Neary) which collects JLA #47-60 and JLA: Heaven's Ladder

Newsprint or glossy? 2014 release.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AstonishingXMan View Post
    Could anybody tell me the paper quality of:

JLA Vol.5 Paperback (by Waid, Hitch, and Neary) which collects JLA #47-60 and JLA: Heaven's Ladder

Newsprint or glossy? 2014 release.
    All 9 of these JLA volumes are on glossy paper.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I got this email from amazon.co.uk:

Hello,

Please be advised that we have a revised delivery date for the items you ordered on July 11 2018 (Order #).

Grant Morrison "Batman By Grant Morrison Omnibus Vol. 1"
    Estimated arrival date: July 31 2018 - August 02 2018

For more details, please visit the Your Account section of our web site :

You have not yet been charged for this item. We do not debit money from your payment card until just before your items are dispatched. We will send you a dispatch confirmation email on the date of dispatch.
    Amazon.co.uk now have the Batman Morrison Omni back in stock. Therefore, everyone who managed to preorder it at the £39 price should be getting it dispatched sooner than later

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Gran...t_sims?ie=UTF8

Is Flashpoint that they are releasing as an Absolute a good standalone story? I’m looking to really really cut down on my book collection, I’m getting the killing joke one as although really thin it’s a classic but the Morrison Batman absolutes I have just read (and in the process of selling) just weren’t (imo) Absolute worthy and I want some opinions on Flashpoint before I order

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Is Flashpoint that they are releasing as an Absolute a good standalone story? I’m looking to really really cut down on my book collection, I’m getting the killing joke one as although really thin it’s a classic but the Morrison Batman absolutes I have just read (and in the process of selling) just weren’t (imo) Absolute worthy and I want some opinions on Flashpoint before I order
    There's a. absolute Flashpoint being released?

Anyway, its a decent story. There was a few tie ins as well (is that being included in the Absolute?) That's really flesh out the world of Flashpoint so much more, and give it a different tone and mood. But just on it's own... I'd say only if you were a big Flash fan. I personally don't think it's worthy of the Absolute format.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    There's a. absolute Flashpoint being released?

Anyway, its a decent story. There was a few tie ins as well (is that being included in the Absolute?) That's really flesh out the world of Flashpoint so much more, and give it a different tone and mood. But just on it's own... I'd say only if you were a big Flash fan. I personally don't think it's worthy of the Absolute format.
    https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nov...ute-flashpoint

Yeah, think I may give it a miss

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Yeah, its only the 5 issue mini. I would hold off. I'm almost certain they'll release an Omni of it soon with all the tie ins. That would be the much better option.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Yeah, its only the 5 issue mini. I would hold off. I'm almost certain they'll release an Omni of it soon with all the tie ins. That would be the much better option.
    Out of curiosity, how do these tiny Absolutes sell? I know they've had them in the past for a few issues of GL here and there, etc... it seems kinda like a wasted opportunity or something. I can't think of many collectors (cuz only a 'collector' would pay for an Absolute, let's be serious here) who ONLY want the 5 issue mini, or just the first 6 issues of a series, or just these 5-6 issues of this story arc... I dunno, maybe I'm over thinking it.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Out of curiosity, how do these tiny Absolutes sell? I know they've had them in the past for a few issues of GL here and there, etc... it seems kinda like a wasted opportunity or something. I can't think of many collectors (cuz only a 'collector' would pay for an Absolute, let's be serious here) who ONLY want the 5 issue mini, or just the first 6 issues of a series, or just these 5-6 issues of this story arc... I dunno, maybe I'm over thinking it.
    You are not over thinking buddy. I only got absolutes of complete runs like Sandman Absolute Editions and Wonder Woman Absolute Editions. I don't pay that much for events with no tie ins like Blackest Night... or parts of a runs like Batman and Robin by Morrison, Batman Inc or Court of Owls etc... half assed absolutes... Complete run or nothing so i usually go for Omnibuses.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    You are not over thinking buddy. I only got absolutes of complete runs like Sandman Absolute Editions and Wonder Woman Absolute Editions. I don't pay that much for events with no tie ins like Blackest Night... or parts of a runs like Batman and Robin by Morrison, Batman Inc or Court of Owls etc... half assed absolutes... Complete run or nothing so i usually go for Omnibuses.
    I agree. I have avoided things like Court Of Owls where I have no confidence they will finish the run in the format.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Default DC Modern Classics

With the DC modern classics solicitied for early next year, starting with Watchmen and TDKR, if the sales are good and this line continues what other storys are likely to be collected in this format?

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Spectacular Member

How is the Geoff Johns Teen Titans omnibus? Any binding issues?

Spectacular Member

Does Deluxe Edition automatically mean that the book will be oversized? More specifically, can anyone confirm that the Action Comics: Oz Effect Deluxe Edition is oversized? Amazon's dimensions suggest so, but nothing better than knowing from someone who has it.

The Action Comics: Rebirth Deluxe Edition Vol 3 description has been updated on many websites to say it contains #993-999 & #1001-1006 (previously #985-999), which means I'd need to get Oz Effect to bridge the gap.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    With the DC modern classics solicitied for early next year, starting with Watchmen and TDKR, if the sales are good and this line continues what other storys are likely to be collected in this format?
    These will be standard size yes? I still need to upgrade those from my very old German versions and it seems like a nice way to do it, but OHC would be nice. Otherwise I will buy the more recent OHC versions.