View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 61 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465711111615611061 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

I'm curious and figured I would ask this group: With the New Teen Titans Omnibus Volume 1 out of print, has DC announced any new collected editions of this great and classic series? I thought I saw in one of the solicitations that there is a NTT Volume 1 TPB coming up, but I can't find any info on it now. Can anyone on here help?

Quote Originally Posted by Mixmaster View Post
    I'm curious and figured I would ask this group: With the New Teen Titans Omnibus Volume 1 out of print, has DC announced any new collected editions of this great and classic series? I thought I saw in one of the solicitations that there is a NTT Volume 1 TPB coming up, but I can't find any info on it now. Can anyone on here help?
    This is listed as coming out in September;

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/140...tededitions-20

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    There's a deluxe Identity Crisis hardcover coming out?? When was this announced and is it on amazon?
    Yeah, I don't see any mention of a Deluxe Identity Crisis listed with the Fall/Winter DC Collected Editions announcements...
    Last edited by mike1981; 06-24-2014 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    There's a deluxe Identity Crisis hardcover coming out?? When was this announced and is it on amazon?
    I was surprised by it too, I was finally going to give in and get the paperback but saw it with a release date on Chapters. Here's an Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Identity-Crisi...dentity+crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Wasp14 View Post
    I was surprised by it too, I was finally going to give in and get the paperback but saw it with a release date on Chapters. Here's an Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Identity-Crisi...dentity+crisis
    I don't see where it says it's deluxe?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I don't see where it says it's deluxe?
    I'm sorry, I must have assumed it was since Superman For All Seasons and some other titles are getting the deluxe treatment in the fall. I'd be really surprised if it isn't.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wasp14 View Post
    I'm sorry, I must have assumed it was since Superman For All Seasons and some other titles are getting the deluxe treatment in the fall. I'd be really surprised if it isn't.
    What are DC Deluxe editions like binding wise?, are they as tight (and therefore worthless to me) as the regular hardcovers like the Moench Batman?.

Just ordered my first Absolute (Watchmen) for pretty damn cheap off Amazon, so let's see if I get the Absolute bug everyone else has. I do think they're super overpriced though, but fortunately I'm not really a huge DC fan, so other than Kingdom Come I think I'd only grab a couple Batman ones.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    What are DC Deluxe editions like binding wise?, are they as tight (and therefore worthless to me) as the regular hardcovers like the Moench Batman?.
    They are better. It's probably only because they are so much thinner but opening them isn't an issue. I'd say they're about like Marvel's non-omnibus bindings.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Just ordered my first Absolute (Watchmen) for pretty damn cheap off Amazon, so let's see if I get the Absolute bug everyone else has. I do think they're super overpriced though, but fortunately I'm not really a huge DC fan, so other than Kingdom Come I think I'd only grab a couple Batman ones.
    My first one was also Watchmen. I still think they're overpriced do the only absolutes I want besides Watchmen are Top Ten, Sandman and New Frontier
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Is there a complete list with all dc omniboo? Can't find it anywhere.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

Whats the pros and cons of Watchmen: Deluxe Edition vs. Absolute Edition? Content wise, I mean. Theres obviously size and price. But is there anything in the deluxe that isnt in the absolute?

Anyone else find it weird that we haven't seen a Aquaman or green arrow omnibus yet, or worse, not even a Wonder woman omnibus. They have plenty of choice of material to choose from, both new and old. For Aquaman you could do a Johns one or a classic like a Peter David one. Same for Wonder woman, you can go classic with Perez or recent with Azzarello. And for Green arrow you could do a Lemire one once it advances more or go fo Mike Grell's run in 2 omniboo.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

When should we start getting new 52 runs in omnibus format? I know a lot have started to wrap up their first run like The Flash and Aquaman,etc...

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    When should we start getting new 52 runs in omnibus format? I know a lot have started to wrap up their first run like The Flash and Aquaman,etc...
    I don't know but since it's Johns we'll probably see a Aquaman omnibus eventually and I bet a Animal man and Wonder woman one can't be far away either

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I don't know but since it's Johns we'll probably see a Aquaman omnibus eventually and I bet a Animal man and Wonder woman one can't be far away either
    DC barely realeases omnibuses of old material. I would be shocked if it they got an omnibus of New 52 material out anytime soon. The newest run in omnibus we have from DC (apart from the 52 compilations) is Johns' GL and that started 10 years ago.