View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Incredible Member

Dark Knight Detective Vol 2 came out this week and the contents are as follows:

Detective Comics 583-591
    Detective Comics Annual 1

Who's Who entries:
    Alfred
    Ventriloquist & Scarface
    Ratcatcher
    Poison Ivy

A few things to note

1. These Detective comics issues are also contained in "Batman by Norm Breyfogle Vol 1" but the Annual/Who's Who entries are NOT
    2. The Annual is the first of a 3 part story followed in Green Arrow Annual 1 and Question Annual 1 which are NOT included

9 issues and an annual is a waste of time, IMO.

Maybe when it's on deep discount.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AstonishingXMan View Post
    9 issues and an annual is a waste of time, IMO.

Maybe when it's on deep discount.
    This TPB has 280 pages. What did you expect? IMO this is a nice opportunity to get all Batman and Detective Comics issues - in chronological order, complete, and including all the Annuals - between CoIE and Knightfall.

I wish D C would be more consistent though.
    They have a soft cover Breyfogle trade out this week and than next month have a hard cover book
    with Norm Breyfogle art covering a Detective 608-621 and a few Batman issues.
    I already own the single issues, but because I no longer collect singles,
    will probably buy both and any future releases.

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    This TPB has 280 pages. What did you expect? IMO this is a nice opportunity to get all Batman and Detective Comics issues - in chronological order, complete, and including all the Annuals - between CoIE and Knightfall.
    It seems like they will skip A Death in the Family.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    It seems like they will skip A Death in the Family.
    Yes, they're skipping everything that's still available in other TPB's, like A Death In The Family, A Lonely Place Of Dying, Year Two etc. Makes sense, as nobody wants to buy these a second or third time.

What's the binding like on the Geoff Johns GL omnis? Looks like it's going to work out cheaper to get them than to wait for the TPBs.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    What's the binding like on the Geoff Johns GL omnis? Looks like it's going to work out cheaper to get them than to wait for the TPBs.
    Omnis are fine. Nice paper, solid binding and opens up decently and the other selling point is the nice glossy covers. I do not like the cheaper black board on the larger omnis. I don’t mind them for smaller under 800 pages.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Omnis are fine. Nice paper, solid binding and opens up decently and the other selling point is the nice glossy covers.
    I bought all three volumes recently and can confirm this.

Yes, they're skipping everything that's still available in other TPB's, like A Death In The Family, A Lonely Place Of Dying, Year Two etc. Makes sense, as nobody wants to buy these a second or third time.
    I haven't been following the others, but the solicit for Batman: The Caped Crusader vol 2 says it includes A Lonely Place of Dying.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Thanks guys, I'll take the plunge then.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I haven't been following the others, but the solicit for Batman: The Caped Crusader vol 2 says it includes A Lonely Place of Dying.
    Yes, you're right. Odd decision, as the Death In The Family TPB also includes the complete A Lonely Place of Dying storyline. DC really has a tendency to mess things up ...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Are they including the issues of New Titans? The story doesn't make much sense if they are omitted.

Amazing Member

Think I might make a custom dust jacket for the Final Crisis omnibus. I can't fathom why DC decided to plaster the 10th anniversary thing all over it.

I agree and that is certainly a nice goal. But I prefer comprehensive "collect the whole run" trades to have at least 12-14+ issues. DC seems to skimp on pages, and in today's online discount world if their books were $40 we would still get them at a great price and get more collected with less wait.