View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I just want them to put out Omnibuses of Johns and Busiek’s Superman stuff
    In my head I have a Johns Supes omni mapped as collecting Up, Up, and Away, his Action Comics run up to the end of Brainiac plus annuals, the Legion of 3 worlds mini, and his Adventure Comics issues as well. I think that comes to roughly 1200 pages.

I'm leaving out his last four Action Comics issues as they were part of the New Krypton introductory crossover, and I can't remember how well they read on their own. I'm not including the full crossover, because I'd prefer to leave space for the Legion and Adventure Comics issues, which pick up some threads from the LOSH arc and other Johns stories. Plus, the NK issues would fit better in a hypothetical New Krypton omni.

I haven't read Busiek's run yet (aside from Up, Up...), but it is somewhere on my ever growing to read list!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    In case anyone is interested in getting the Superman Last Son deluxe edition due out today, just be aware the contents have changed since solicitation, and some sites are still showing the original, incorrect contents.

It was solicited as collecting Action Comics #844-846, #851, #866-870, and Action Comics Annual #11. It instead has Action Comics #844-846, #851, and #855-857, and Action Comics Annual #10-11.

So the Brainiac arc has been replaced by the Bizarro arc and the full Annual #10.
    Makes sense. This collection is more about promoting Richard Donner's involvement, and he co-wrote the Bizarro arc with Johns in addition to Last Son.

Incredible Member

Just got the new copy of "The Final Night" and it contains

• The Final Night preview (6 page prologue)
    • Final Night #1
    • Final Night #2
    • Final Night #3
    • Parallax Emerald Night #1
    • Final Night #4
    • Green Lantern #81

Extras:
    • Unpublished cover for The Final Night by Immonen & Marzan Jr
    • JLA in Crisis Secret Files #1 pinup (2 pages)
    • Final Night 1st Edition TPB Cover

Holding out for a Final Night omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    I feel like this was announced/solicited a number of years ago and then disappeared. I could be imagining this, however

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Not so long ago I'd have said this will never happen... then they went and spit in my face by releasing a Zero Hour omnibus less than a year after the "25th Anniversary" standard hardcover!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

It’s definitely wishful thinking, but I’m hoping to speak it into existence! The recent DC One Million and Zero Hour omnis give me hope.

Mighty Member

I'm waiting for an Armageddon 2001 omnibus, myself (as well as Final Night, Metal, and I wouldn't hate it if they did omnibuses on all the other annual events like Legends of a Dead Earth, Darkness Within, Bloodlines, etc)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Bloodlines, are there even any characters still active from that event?
    I recall it ran through the Annuals(not sure if it spilled into any monthlies) and was about introducing a host of new heroes/foes. Are any of those active and/or relevant now?
    If not are there any that could be mined for a reboot? All a character needs is a good writer that cares.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Bloodlines, are there even any characters still active from that event?
    I recall it ran through the Annuals(not sure if it spilled into any monthlies) and was about introducing a host of new heroes/foes. Are any of those active and/or relevant now?
    If not are there any that could be mined for a reboot? All a character needs is a good writer that cares.
    I think Ennis' Hitman was the only real viable character/title that spun out of Bloodlines. Hell, it lasted longer than The Demon series it spun out of

Mighty Member

I think Hitman is about it. And I don't think Bloodlines was necessarily good or popular, but I think if DC wanted to make the annual events and previous crossovers (Final Night, Day of Judgement, the one with Neron) into nice collections (OHC or omni), I think the completionist in many of us would get them sold through. It's fundamentally the same principle as the Rebirth omni or New 52 Villains one.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

Overview video of "Batgirl: The Darkest Reflection" omnibus

Personally I'm not picking this one up as I wasn't a fan of the run but others might enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Overview video of "Batgirl: The Darkest Reflection" omnibus

Personally I'm not picking this one up as I wasn't a fan of the run but others might enjoy it
    What did you not like?
    (I haven't read it, but I like Simone, and the art looks good)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    What did you not like?
    (I haven't read it, but I like Simone, and the art looks good)
    I like Simone's work normally but the NU52 Batgirl run was just so constantly grimdark that I couldn't enjoy it, there never seemed to be any levity and Barbara seemed to verge on Spider-Man levels of having a crappy life that never got better

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Not so long ago I'd have said this will never happen... then they went and spit in my face by releasing a Zero Hour omnibus less than a year after the "25th Anniversary" standard hardcover!
    Fun times. They're both sitting on my shelf. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me a dozen times, I must be into oversized reprints of comics.