View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Pass on ST absolute. TPBs are just ideal imo, but I am interested to see the new coloring

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I always pass on absolutes
    But Alan Moore Swamp Thing
    Is a must for me
    Too many words and beautiful
    Art to contain in a lesser size
    Book.
    I thought that, until it came out and now, as much as I love swamp thing (that and hellblazer got me into comics all those millions of years ago) I’ve decided to wait for the omni

Fingers crossed on the Garth Ennis Hellblazer Omnibus

Question for you all from a Marvelite. I don't peruse here often, so if this is old news to you all, I apologize.

It looks like DC is going to reprint the initial Justice League Silver Age omnibus in MAR 2020. See link below:
    https://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu...s=books&sr=1-6

I'm guessing this would have the trade dress all the other DC Silver and Bronze Age omnis have. This would be similar to what they did to Flash omni vol 1, where they reprinted it with the new cover from Darwyn Cooke.

My question is, is this still happening? The cover via Amazon is the old cover (but it's Amazon, so I don't trust it). Yet its DC we're talking about here, and they pull solicits from time to time, so I'm wondering if this was pulled, because I don't see this listed anywhere on TakesofWonder's upcoming books. Have you heard anything about this?

I'd like to know if a reprint with the new trade dress is happening for the JLA SA vol 1 omni, before I go buy that hideous dark blueish/purple one. thanks!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Question for you all from a Marvelite. I don't peruse here often, so if this is old news to you all, I apologize.

It looks like DC is going to reprint the initial Justice League Silver Age omnibus in MAR 2020. See link below:
    https://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu...s=books&sr=1-6

I'm guessing this would have the trade dress all the other DC Silver and Bronze Age omnis have. This would be similar to what they did to Flash omni vol 1, where they reprinted it with the new cover from Darwyn Cooke.

My question is, is this still happening? The cover via Amazon is the old cover (but it's Amazon, so I don't trust it). Yet its DC we're talking about here, and they pull solicits from time to time, so I'm wondering if this was pulled, because I don't see this listed anywhere on TakesofWonder's upcoming books. Have you heard anything about this?

I'd like to know if a reprint with the new trade dress is happening for the JLA SA vol 1 omni, before I go buy that hideous dark blueish/purple one. thanks!
    According to Edelweiss this is still scheduled for release on March 24th:

https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=1779501749&page=1

I'm quite sure this will have the new trade dress ...

Quote Originally Posted by pjerooo View Post
    Spectre Omnibus? I wish they'd finish Ostrander's run in fat TPBs
    Now you're talking... They just need to finish that run. Hopefully if this Omni sells well...

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    BATMAN: WHITE KNIGHT: THE DELUXE EDITION OHC
    written by SEAN MURPHY
    art and new cover by SEAN MURPHY
    Collecting the Eisner Award-nominated series in Deluxe Edition format! Batman: White Knight follows the transformation of The Joker into a sane citizen of Gotham City known as Jack Napier. After reconciling with his long-suffering partner, Harley Quinn, he sets in motion a carefully plotted campaign to discredit the one person whom he views as Gotham City’s true enemy: Batman. Napier’s crusade exposes a decades-long history of corruption within the Gotham City Police Department and transforms him into a city councilman and civic hero. But when the sins of his past return to threaten everything that he has accomplished, the distinctions between savior and destroyer begin to break down for both The Joker and Batman alike—and with them, any hope for Gotham’s future. Collecting the acclaimed eight-issue miniseries, plus extras including sketches, designs, and Sean Murphy’s original inked pages, and a brand-new cover by Murphy!
    ON SALE 03.04.20
    $49.99 US | 240 PAGES
    Glad I passed on the direct market standard sized hardcover, I'll be getting this one.
    Hopefully they do the same with Mister Miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    According to Edelweiss this is still scheduled for release on March 24th:

https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=1779501749&page=1

I'm quite sure this will have the new trade dress ...
    THX. The one thing that bothers me is the solicit states: A new printing of the hardcover collecting JLA’s first 20 adventures in a single volume spanning 1960-1964.
    It's the same page count as the older dark blue one but that contained THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #28-30, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #1-30; so unless they're counting actual stories that flow from one book to another vs. issues, then perhaps it is truly "20 adventures". it just sounds weird, typically they talk about issues. Anyways, fingers crossed this actually happens. I think this is still in stock (the old version) most everywhere, so it seems a little sketchy to release it just for a new trade dress - I mean, I'm all for it, it's just you would think they'd wait until it's OOP before they reprint it.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

I got interested on that Absolute Fables. The full collection on 5 huge HCs will look great! In my opinion, Fables deserve way more the Absolute format than Y - the art is really pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    I got interested on that Absolute Fables. The full collection on 5 huge HCs will look great! In my opinion, Fables deserve way more the Absolute format than Y - the art is really pretty.
    I did not expect to see Fables get an absolute great book look forward to getting it in absolute form.

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    I agree with that, when y got the absolute treatment it made me think that DC will now put anything out in that format, it’s supposed to be for the very best

I really hope Volume 4 of New Teen Titans
    Omnibus comes out at the end of November.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I agree with that, when y got the absolute treatment it made me think that DC will now put anything out in that format, it’s supposed to be for the very best
    How do they quantify how good a comic is to get such treatment? For example, Y: The Last Man is one of my favourite reads
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    How do they quantify how good a comic is to get such treatment? For example, Y: The Last Man is one of my favourite reads
    I love Y too! Epic journey.
    Well, in my mind to get the Absolute treatment the art should benefit from the giant size; the art from Y and even from Preacher I don't think they improve that much like Sandman, Planetary, Promethea or The Dark Knight. Buuut everything is really subjective haha
    One long comic I would love to see in that format is 100 Bullets!

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I really hope Volume 4 of New Teen Titans
    Omnibus comes out at the end of November.
    You and me both! I'm not holding my breath.