View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 362 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2623123523583593603613623633643653663724124628621362 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 21662
    BANNED

Dark Moon Rising should at least get a deluxe edition.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

JSA omnibus volume 3 is slated for release next week at Diamond Distributors!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Batman by Matt Wagner deluxe/omnibus would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    JSA omnibus volume 3 is slated for release next week at Diamond Distributors!!
    DC really cranked out this series in omnibus edition!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Anyone know why WW New 52 vol 2 HC is so expensive?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Anyone know why WW New 52 vol 2 HC is so expensive?

Because it out of print.

As for why DC won't reprint it - I suspect that sooner or later they will release an oversized HC, and that's why they've let the premiere HCs fall out of print.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Because it out of print.

As for why DC won't reprint it - I suspect that sooner or later they will release an oversized HC, and that's why they've let the premiere HCs fall out of print.
    So this is the only HC of this series that is OOP?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

^

Also Volume 1 I believe.

So I just received my deluxe hardcover DMZ books volumes 1,2, and 3. I noticed that volumes 1 and 2 are printed in USA while volume 3 is printed in Canada. These are all still first prints. I noticed that the dust jacket of vol 3 has a totally different feel/texture than vol 1 and 2. It's messing with the ocd in me wanting my set to all be the same. I remember my Preacher and Y The Last Man hardcovers having these same issues (being printed by different companies and varying in the dust jackets and covers etc.) I get it if they are on their 3rd or fourth printing and they switch printers but on the first run? It makes me wonder if there are versions of vol 3 floating around that were printed in the USA or if ALL copies are like this?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MuckieMuck View Post
    So I just received my deluxe hardcover DMZ books volumes 1,2, and 3. I noticed that volumes 1 and 2 are printed in USA while volume 3 is printed in Canada. These are all still first prints. I noticed that the dust jacket of vol 3 has a totally different feel/texture than vol 1 and 2. It's messing with the ocd in me wanting my set to all be the same. I remember my Preacher and Y The Last Man hardcovers having these same issues (being printed by different companies and varying in the dust jackets and covers etc.) I get it if they are on their 3rd or fourth printing and they switch printers but on the first run? It makes me wonder if there are versions of vol 3 floating around that were printed in the USA or if ALL copies are like this?
    Yup. I complained about it bitterly when v3 came out. Same with the Invisibles deluxe. I think they just decided to do away with those type of covers. It's a shame. Drives me nuts when they do this. I hope they don't decide to change the paperstock or the overall design of the books. That would push me over the edge, haha.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

If we don't get Wonder Woman OHCs, I'm killing someone. MAKE IT HAPPEN DC!!
    Cyclops was right

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    If we don't get Wonder Woman OHCs, I'm killing someone. MAKE IT HAPPEN DC!!
    I am dying for Azzarello WW omnibus, and Buccellato Flash too. They were the highlights of the New 52 for me.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Incredible Member

^ Co-signed.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

DC cancelled the Pat Mills/Kevin O'Neill Metalzoic Deluxe Edition. I thought it was kinda odd that the book would be getting a Deluxe Edition as it's not particularly long, but there's been a rash of DC cancellations lately like the Veitch/Edwards Question and the Klarion tpb. This would be the first deluxe cancellation since the Night Force HC was downgraded to a tpb then cancelled altogther.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    DC cancelled the Pat Mills/Kevin O'Neill Metalzoic Deluxe Edition. I thought it was kinda odd that the book would be getting a Deluxe Edition as it's not particularly long, but there's been a rash of DC cancellations lately like the Veitch/Edwards Question and the Klarion tpb. This would be the first deluxe cancellation since the Night Force HC was downgraded to a tpb then cancelled altogther.
    They cancelled Klarion? I really wanted that!
    Cyclops was right