View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1358 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 35885812581308134813541355135613571358135913601361136213681408 ... LastLast
Results 20,356 to 20,370 of 21657
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Did the Batman Gotham by Gaslight Deluxe Edition ever come out? If so, I'm guessing it was OOP right away?
    It did come out. Bought it a while ago off of Amazon because my regular guy has been having issues with DC books since they stopped working with Diamond.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    It did come out. Bought it a while ago off of Amazon because my regular guy has been having issues with DC books since they stopped working with Diamond.
    Thank you.

Finally received the Batgirl omni, and it's pretty great - fantastic art, and story seems cool. Can't wait to dig into it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Thank you.
    Hi, I just double-checked and while I bought off Amazon DE, it was a third party seller (LCS in Germany). So not sure whether Amazon DE received any - they've been absolutely terrible with getting copies of books in. For months now, all my preorders have been cancelled or delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Hi, I just double-checked and while I bought off Amazon DE, it was a third party seller (LCS in Germany). So not sure whether Amazon DE received any - they've been absolutely terrible with getting copies of books in. For months now, all my preorders have been cancelled or delayed.
    Yes, mine too. It's terrible. You can't rely on them. The dutch version is even worse. They don't deliver and don't cancel. They just state a book hasn't been released yet?!?

All-New Member

Hello, it's me again, with a small question - do the Sandman omnibi/Absolutes (or any OHC formats in general) delineate where the "original"/TPB volumes end and begin? I am asking because I think, for Sandman, the 10 TPB volumes provide great points for stopping to digest the story a bit, it lends itself very well to separation into those 10 volumes. Or, for example, does the omnibus just act like the entire run is split into a mere 2 volumes?

edit: Put a better way, do the OHC editions of Sandman specify that there is a "The Doll's House" or "The Kindly Ones" arc, for example?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by aleph-nihil View Post
    Hello, it's me again, with a small question - do the Sandman omnibi/Absolutes (or any OHC formats in general) delineate where the "original"/TPB volumes end and begin? I am asking because I think, for Sandman, the 10 TPB volumes provide great points for stopping to digest the story a bit, it lends itself very well to separation into those 10 volumes. Or, for example, does the omnibus just act like the entire run is split into a mere 2 volumes?

edit: Put a better way, do the OHC editions of Sandman specify that there is a "The Doll's House" or "The Kindly Ones" arc, for example?
    My understanding is that the Omnis work in the same way the Absolutes do: the 75 issues are presented in order, not rearranged to match the 10 trade paperback version.

The main storylines are clearly labeled in the issues themselves, though. You'll know when A Doll's House begins and ends. The only real difference in reading order is how often you'll come across one-off stories. In the 10-volume version, you read the one off stories in bigger chunks. In the Omni version you'll read them in smaller bursts spread out more evenly.

Incredible Member

Can I ask about these compendiums-- I'm sure curious to dip into Tom Strong, but will the upcoming compendium be paperback and in black and white?

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Can I ask about these compendiums-- I'm sure curious to dip into Tom Strong, but will the upcoming compendium be paperback and in black and white?
    All the compendiums so far have been paperbacks and in full colour. Tom Strong is listed as a paperback as well. I'd be surprised if it was B&W when all the others to date have been colour.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    My understanding is that the Omnis work in the same way the Absolutes do: the 75 issues are presented in order, not rearranged to match the 10 trade paperback version.

The main storylines are clearly labeled in the issues themselves, though. You'll know when A Doll's House begins and ends. The only real difference in reading order is how often you'll come across one-off stories. In the 10-volume version, you read the one off stories in bigger chunks. In the Omni version you'll read them in smaller bursts spread out more evenly.
    That's perfect! Thanks.

I ended up ordering the first Deluxe volume. It's the perfect form factor for me, so although it seems like the book's quality isn't that great otherwise, I think I need to try it before committing to buying anything else. If I like it, I'll just collect the Deluxe editions; if not, I'll either wait for the 30th anniversary paperbacks to drop in price (as a box set), give up on the nicety of the box set and (re-)collect the individual volumes, or seek really good deals on the Absolutes. We will find out in a month, or three.

Edit: Actually, gave up on that and just put in an order cancellation request. Writing out this post, I realized that I am just not excited right now about collecting the Deluxe Editions, and that's as good a reason as could be to stop for now. I will move back to Canada in 3 months (most likely), and can actually start up a proper search for the books I want then.
    Last edited by aleph-nihil; 05-17-2021 at 04:33 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    All the compendiums so far have been paperbacks and in full colour. Tom Strong is listed as a paperback as well. I'd be surprised if it was B&W when all the others to date have been colour.
    Perfect, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by aleph-nihil View Post
    That's perfect! Thanks.

I ended up ordering the first Deluxe volume. It's the perfect form factor for me, so although it seems like the book's quality isn't that great otherwise, I think I need to try it before committing to buying anything else. If I like it, I'll just collect the Deluxe editions; if not, I'll either wait for the 30th anniversary paperbacks to drop in price (as a box set), give up on the nicety of the box set and (re-)collect the individual volumes, or seek really good deals on the Absolutes. We will find out in a month, or three.

Edit: Actually, gave up on that and just put in an order cancellation request. Writing out this post, I realized that I am just not excited right now about collecting the Deluxe Editions, and that's as good a reason as could be to stop for now. I will move back to Canada in 3 months (most likely), and can actually start up a proper search for the books I want then.
    Well I’m reading the first Deluxe edition and I have to say the paper quality is really poor. Very thin, glossy and quite “wavy” in spots. I’m very much enjoying the story so I’m contemplating picking up a different format also. Doesn’t help that I’m also reading the X-Men Inferno Omni which has some of the best paper I’ve come across in an omni - thicker and almost a matte finish, it’s amazing.

Incredible Member

My copy of The Flash/Impulse: Runs in the Family TPB finally arrived! (This book has been solicited/cancelled so many times that I actually still have an open order for this book on amazon from 2012!)

The book contains:

Impulse 1-12
    Flash 108-111 (the Dead Heat crossover)

No Extra's

Posted some pics here
    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv....html#p1343902

Extraordinary Member

Looks like DC is restarting the numbering on the Action Comics and Detective Comics trades:

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

Not too surprising. They've been renumbering trades with the start of new creative teams on other titles for awhile now.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES