View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
558. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

    54 9.68%
  • Deluxe

    220 39.43%
  • Omnibus

    226 40.50%
  • Absolute

    125 22.40%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1211 of 1218 FirstFirst ... 211711111111611201120712081209121012111212121312141215 ... LastLast
Results 18,151 to 18,165 of 18269
  1. #18151
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    3,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orf with his head View Post
    Is the Byrne Doom Patrol run any good? I’ve never read it before and just curious if it’s cash grab due to the series or Byrne.

    50/50 on this. I’ll be getting the Bronze Age omnibus (providing it’s not cancelled) as it links up to my Morrison Omni
    Byrne's DP was awful, imho. Not worth your money in the slightest.

    The Bronze Age book is a better bet; I'll be picking that one up for sure.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  2. #18152
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    549

    Default

    Batman by Morrison v2 comes out on Wednesday - I'm super interested to see where DC landed on the reading order (at this juncture, there's little point in suggesting an order, but I suppose we can all get apprehensive that it won't match our preference). I'll be fine with any vaguely reasonable order - I'm just ready to re-read all this material again (well, in two weeks - I got a fantastic pre-order price on Amazon)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  3. #18153
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Batman by Morrison v2 comes out on Wednesday - I'm super interested to see where DC landed on the reading order (at this juncture, there's little point in suggesting an order, but I suppose we can all get apprehensive that it won't match our preference). I'll be fine with any vaguely reasonable order - I'm just ready to re-read all this material again (well, in two weeks - I got a fantastic pre-order price on Amazon)
    On the marvel masterworks board someone posted this about the order:

    A member of the Omnibus Collector's Facebook group got an early copy and posted the order:

    Batman & Robin 1-9
    Batman 700
    B&R 10-12 alternating with Return of Bruce Wayne 1-3 (B&R 10, then RoBW 1, then B&R 11, etc.)
    Batman 701-701
    B&R 13-15 alternating with RoBW 4-6
    B&R 16

  4. #18154
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    On the marvel masterworks board someone posted this about the order:

    A member of the Omnibus Collector's Facebook group got an early copy and posted the order:

    Batman & Robin 1-9
    Batman 700
    B&R 10-12 alternating with Return of Bruce Wayne 1-3 (B&R 10, then RoBW 1, then B&R 11, etc.)
    Batman 701-701
    B&R 13-15 alternating with RoBW 4-6
    B&R 16
    Cool. That's about what I expected and should flow pretty well. My only real question was if they'd break up 10-12 or run them consecutively followed by ROBW 1-3 (after seeing how Knightfall v2 was collected, it seemed like DC preferred ordering omnibuses so that they could be easily broken up into tpb-sized chunks).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  5. #18155
    Amazing Member Antari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    33

    Default

    DOOMSDAY CLOCK PART ONE HC worth it? Why not Deluxe edition with 12 issues? lol Is there a chance for omnibus and should I skip?

  6. #18156
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orf with his head View Post
    Is the Byrne Doom Patrol run any good? I’ve never read it before and just curious if it’s cash grab due to the series or Byrne.

    50/50 on this. I’ll be getting the Bronze Age omnibus (providing it’s not cancelled) as it links up to my Morrison Omni
    Morrison worth the purchase?

  7. #18157
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaCollector View Post
    Morrison worth the purchase?
    Absolutely, but you'll want to be familiar with volume 1.

  8. #18158
    of House Bolton Ramsay Snow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antari View Post
    DOOMSDAY CLOCK PART ONE HC worth it? Why not Deluxe edition with 12 issues? lol Is there a chance for omnibus and should I skip?
    It's practically guaranteed they'll eventually release it in both omnibus and absolute form. I'd wait it out if I were you.

  9. #18159
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,661

    Default

    ABSOLUTE DAYTRIPPER
    written by GABRIEL BA and FABIO MOON
    art by FABIO MOON and GABRIEL BA
    new cover by GABRIEL BA
    The Eisner Award-winning Vertigo miniseries is back in a new Absolute edition!
    What are the most important days of your life? Fábio Moon and Gabriel Bá answer that question in the critical and commercial hit series that took the industry by storm, winning praise from such comics veterans as Terry Moore, Craig Thompson and Jeff Smith. Follow aspiring writer Brás de Oliva Domingos as each chapter of DAYTRIPPER peers in at a completely different moment in his life. Moon and Bá tell a beautifully lyrical tale chronicling Domingos’ entire existence—from his loves to his deaths and everything in between. Collects the entire 10-issue miniseries!
    RESOLICIT | ON SALE 04.01.20
    $99.99 US | 8.25” x 12.5”
    304 PAGES | FC
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-763-4
    MATURE READERS
    This title is resolicited. All previous orders are cancelled.


  10. #18160
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,661

    Default

    CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS COMPANION DELUXE EDITION VOL. 3 OHC
    stories and art by VARIOUS
    cover by GEORGE PEREZ
    Find out how the devastating effects of CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS reverberated across the DC Universe in these stories from Amethyst #13, Blue Devil #17-18, Wonder Woman #327-329, Swamp Thing #46, Legion of Super-Heroes #16 and #18, Superman #413-415, DC Comics Presents #87, 88, 94 and 95, Justice League of America Annual #3 and The Omega Men #31, plus a story from THE OMEGA MEN #33. Includes many never-before-reprinted stories and new essays by CRISIS associate-editor Robert Greenberger!
    ON SALE 10.09.19
    $75.00 US | 7.0625” x 10.875”
    536 PAGES | FC


  11. #18161
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    Why not just do an Infinite Crisis Companion Omnibus DC Collections Dept???
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  12. #18162
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Why not just do an Infinite Crisis Companion Omnibus DC Collections Dept???
    Because instead of charging $150 for a companion omnibus they can charge us $75 for each companion separately. I believe there’s going to be what, four deluxes? I may have that wrong.

  13. #18163
    Amazing Member Stinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Very. I would say it is very likely they are later re-solicited.
    However, if you're going to publish them anyway, why not as originally scheduled?

    Is it just to try and capitalize on Aquaman and Doom Patrol media tie-ins? Aquaman is hot, sequel forthcoming and DP with the new show. Strike while the iron is hot cause you know you have a captive audience on the Bronze Age JLA v.3 and B:B&B v.3
    I hope so much this is true. Those two Bronze Age books would be beyond great for me personally.
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk" Tuco

  14. #18164
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Byrne's DP was awful, imho. Not worth your money in the slightest.
    It's a real shame that such a crap is getting the omnibus treatment while (already announced) premium content like Brave And The Bold Batman Vol. 3 or JLA Vol. 3 is cancelled!

  15. #18165
    Mighty Member My Two Cents's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    1,586

    Default

    I plan on picking up the “crap”
    I read the series years back
    And while it pales to his Fantastic Four
    And Superman’, and probably was
    In his declining years of writer/artist
    Output it was for me still a nice
    Comic book.

    but than that could just be the
    Big Jonn Byrne fan in me
    Last edited by My Two Cents; 06-18-2019 at 07:34 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •