View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 940 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 44084089093093693793893994094194294394495099010401440 ... LastLast
Results 14,086 to 14,100 of 21657
    All-New Member

JSA omnibus by Geoff Johns ...are they worth it ? They are one of the few things I'm missing that he wrote but I know very little about the group, would you still recommend them ?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by akhir View Post
    JSA omnibus by Geoff Johns ...are they worth it ? They are one of the few things I'm missing that he wrote but I know very little about the group, would you still recommend them ?
    1st and 3rd are good. The second is fantastic. Highly recommended if you have any interest in the cast. Its the definitive modern portrayal for a lot of the characters.

Also recommend his Hawkman as a companion piece.
    Last edited by FlashingSabre; 08-04-2017 at 07:12 PM.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    1st and 3rd are good. The third is fantastic. Highly recommended if you have any interest in the cast. Its the definitive modern portrayal for a lot of the characters.

Also recommend his Hawkman as a companion piece.
    Doesn't the 3rd have the Paul Levitz story? And I'm pretty sure it has something else I wasn't keen on. I've read the whole thing in trades in like 2012 I think and bloody loved it but the Levitz Ghost stories or whatever it was was dull as dishwater and made me not to buy the 3rd omnibus. Also the first 3rd of the first omni is good but not great IMHO. But later stuff that's still pre Infinite Crisis and are in the 2nd omni IIRC like Stealing Thunder and the one with Black Adam and his homeland were really damn good.
    The post IC stuff after the Levitz story in the 3rd omni is really great, I agree. Although the level of violence in it was a bit weird.

Amazing Member

I read volume 1 and thought it was pretty bad. Johns covering Morrison's JLA with none of the ideas or imagination. I don't have a very high opinion of the man, but this is definitely among his worst as far as I'm concerned.

Wow. Seems like a lot of hate for the Johns' JSA run. I personally liked it. I felt it was a fun easy read. I especially loved his handling of Black Adam. Anyway . . . that's my two cents.

Love John's JSA run was a great team book and love the older heroes helping train and work with younger ones. One of my favorite team books loaded with good DC characters. Agree with Slick above Black Adam was a stand out of the series.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Wow yeah. I totally don't get the hate for Johns JSA. Black Adam and Return of Hawkman were just some of the highlights. I don't get the hate for Johns in genral, I mean he's not perfect or anything but even on his worst day I think he's miles above a lot of others. In fact I personally get excited when I hear his name attached to something ...I know it's in great hands. I think Rebirth is doing so well because he's coordinating with all the writers.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Incredible stuff. Amazing sense of legacy and history. Lots of great arcs, and it alone made JSA my favorite team. HIGHLY recommended.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Doesn't the 3rd have the Paul Levitz story? And I'm pretty sure it has something else I wasn't keen on. I've read the whole thing in trades in like 2012 I think and bloody loved it but the Levitz Ghost stories or whatever it was was dull as dishwater and made me not to buy the 3rd omnibus. Also the first 3rd of the first omni is good but not great IMHO. But later stuff that's still pre Infinite Crisis and are in the 2nd omni IIRC like Stealing Thunder and the one with Black Adam and his homeland were really damn good.
    The post IC stuff after the Levitz story in the 3rd omni is really great, I agree. Although the level of violence in it was a bit weird.
    Meant the second, sorry.

I can't understand anyone hating this material. What do you guys think is bad about it?
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    Incredible stuff. Amazing sense of legacy and history. Lots of great arcs, and it alone made JSA my favorite team. HIGHLY recommended.
    Enough to get me hooked. They're reprinting the trades into fat tpb right? I'll pick those up.

Johns JSA stuff is some of his best in my opinion. The Hourman arc alone was perfect. And the Thy Kingdom Come was loads of fun.

The Levitz filler while Johns was busy with Infinite Crisis was okay.

I never continued past his run with Willingham though, any good?

The price for preordering Justice League of America Bronze Age Omnibus Vol 2 has dropped 35%... Its currently £61 on Amazon UK, will probably drop a bit more.

Does anybody know why Superman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol.5 is $125.00 and Vol.1-4 was $75.00, that is some price increase
    Is it because so few buy it or do they just want to see the line end?
    Last edited by Jack B. Quick; 08-05-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack B. Quick View Post
    Does anybody know why Superman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol.5 is $125.00 and Vol.1-4 was $75.00, that is some price increase
    Is it because so few buy it or do they just want to see the line end?
    I believe it's because it's all new materiel that hasn't been collected in the archives before

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I believe it's because it's all new materiel that hasn't been collected in the archives before
    But a $50.00 price increase are going to make a lot of people think twice before buying.
    I guess this line of books isn't going to survive in the long run when all Golden/Silver/Bronze titles sooner or later get to the point of post-archives and get the price boost.