View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
562. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

    54 9.61%
  • Deluxe

    222 39.50%
  • Omnibus

    228 40.57%
  • Absolute

    125 22.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1216 of 1232 FirstFirst ... 2167161116116612061212121312141215121612171218121912201226 ... LastLast
Results 18,226 to 18,240 of 18467
  1. #18226
    Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Department K, North of 60
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Materiel View Post
    The book is still sturdy, still has the nice wrap around image under the jacket like the others. The paper is certainly down to preference. It was printed by the same company as the previous volume: Transcontinental Interglobe out of Canada.
    So, same quality as Vol. 3?

  2. #18227
    Spectacular Member Materiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DantonR View Post
    So, same quality as Vol. 3?
    Yes, same quality.

  3. #18228
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Posts
    525

    Default

    While I do not totally dislike the Batman vol 4 deluxe paper in general, it is definitely a downgrade in quality. I was a little disappointed. More modern art is not really serviced by the dull matte paper.

  4. #18229
    Mighty Member Hellboydce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Shrewsbury
    Posts
    1,745

    Default

    Anyone get the loeb & sale Batman omnibus? Considering getting rid of my Absolutes and replacing them with this, is the build quality ok, or is it a heavy book to try and read?

  5. #18230
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Anyone get the loeb & sale Batman omnibus? Considering getting rid of my Absolutes and replacing them with this, is the build quality ok, or is it a heavy book to try and read?
    Itís quite fat. It has the same build as DCís Golden/Silver/Bronze Omniís. Lots of popping noises when Iíd open mine up.

  6. #18231
    Fantastic Member tv horror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    It’s quite fat. It has the same build as DC’s Golden/Silver/Bronze Omni’s. Lots of popping noises when I’d open mine up.
    Yeah I'm the same I'm in my Silver age and my bones also pop when they are opened.
    Hail Hydra!

  7. #18232
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,183

    Default

    Does anyone know if the Infinite Crisis omni includes the credits (as they appear in the story pages)?

    DC is inconsistent about this. I was happy to find that the Final Crisis omni includes the credits though the lack of a table of contents is appalling; with no ToC and the titles eliminated from the covers it’s impossible to know what you’re even reading.

  8. #18233
    Out Fighting for Peace! AJpyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,829

    Default

    Whats the best condition for the Loeb/Sale DC books?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

    -God I am so tired.

    SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

  9. #18234
    Mighty Member Hellboydce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Shrewsbury
    Posts
    1,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Whats the best condition for the Loeb/Sale DC books?
    By the sounds of it, the Absolutes, you can pick them up fairly cheap, apart from Dark Victory which seems to be going for above cover price

  10. #18235
    Out Fighting for Peace! AJpyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,829

    Default

    I checked and...no thanks. I don't really need all that for my comic experience.

    Thanks tho.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

    -God I am so tired.

    SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

  11. #18236
    Spectacular Member Dr Hank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Yeah I've been wanting to read The Long Halloween so I'll eventually pick up the Loeb/Sale omni too. Looks massive but I don't mind the big omnis.

  12. #18237
    spit and hades! Andru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,140

    Default

    So is the Absolute Black Mirror already OOP? It is not longer available on IST.

  13. #18238
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Looks like Amazon will have the Aquaman Geoff Johns omnibus and Batman by Loeb and Sale omnibus as lightning deals tomorrow.

  14. #18239
    Of the O'Sullivan Clan Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Does anyone know if the Infinite Crisis omni includes the credits (as they appear in the story pages)?

    DC is inconsistent about this. I was happy to find that the Final Crisis omni includes the credits though the lack of a table of contents is appalling; with no ToC and the titles eliminated from the covers it’s impossible to know what you’re even reading.
    I have the first edition (from 2012) and the credits aren't on the story pages, as they would have appeared in the original issue. But they are on a title page before the start of each issue. The title page didn't include the issue numbers, but did include the title and part of the story arc. For example, the Sacrifice crossover had a page saying Sacrifice, Part 1/2/3/4, followed by a list of the creators. So it's easy enough to know where you are. I'm assuming last year's re-release followed a similar pattern.

  15. #18240
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I have the first edition (from 2012) and the credits aren't on the story pages, as they would have appeared in the original issue. But they are on a title page before the start of each issue. The title page didn't include the issue numbers, but did include the title and part of the story arc. For example, the Sacrifice crossover had a page saying Sacrifice, Part 1/2/3/4, followed by a list of the creators. So it's easy enough to know where you are. I'm assuming last year's re-release followed a similar pattern.
    Yeah, the new addition is the same as that.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •