View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1427 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 4279271327137714171423142414251426142714281429143014311437 ... LastLast
Results 21,391 to 21,405 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Sadly with it only being 28 issues it’s gonna be a smaller Omni.
    Omni, oversized hardcover... Whatever, I just want it all in one place with some bts content.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Sadly with it only being 28 issues it’s gonna be a smaller Omni.
    That's more or less the same size as the three Batman ones. Maybe they'll match the Omni spines*

I would guess there will be a decent chance of Morrison's Omni by summer 2024 if they're actually getting back into omnis. Outside of various Batman options and Scott Snyder's JL stuff, GL by Morrison and Superman by Bendis would probably be the two biggest names they could put on an Omni release right now.

*Ha, DC doesn't worry about the spine matching for books that are supposed to be together ...
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I'm waiting on Justice League International Volume 3.
    Personally I’m Hoping they would continue the JLA: The Bronze Age with volume 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Personally I’m Hoping they would continue the JLA: The Bronze Age with volume 3.
    I thought there was a volume 3. A volume 4 should be getting close to some of that Perez art i think.
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk" Tuco

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    That's more or less the same size as the three Batman ones.
    Yup, and the extras will add more pages. DC could even put some effort into it all (so doubtful), and commission some annotations (which would be ideal for any Morrison omni).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
    I thought there was a volume 3. A volume 4 should be getting close to some of that Perez art i think.
    That's right, Vol. 3 has been available for some time now. It was initially cancelled/postponed but was finally released.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yup, and the extras will add more pages. DC could even put some effort into it all (so doubtful), and commission some annotations (which would be ideal for any Morrison omni).
    Did you pick up The Multiversity Absolute Edition? It's got a striking amount of extra material. I'm not through it all, and I wouldn't say it's essential, but it's fun
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
    You’re right. I got it mixed up. It was volume 4 that I was referring to rather than vol.3 and yes it should be collecting some of the early JLA work by Perez which were some of the earliest JLA issues that I remember reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    That's right, Vol. 3 has been available for some time now. It was initially cancelled/postponed but was finally released.
    Yep. I got my numbers mixed up. Maybe because it’s seems so long since this last volume came out.

Anyway hopefully they will have plans to bring out Volume 4 sometime in the foreseeable future.

Incredible Member

My copy of Dark Knight Detective 7 arrived today!

I can confirm it contains:

Detective Comics 634-638, 641 & 643
    Detective Comics Annual 4 (Armageddon 2001)
    Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight 27
    Batman 474

HOWEVER - my copy (and at least one other I've seen on Facebook) has a duplicate page in "Detective Comics Annual 4" - specifically page 151 & 153 in the TPB

No idea how widespread this issue is

On the plus side - we only need one more volume to get us to Knightfall!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    HOWEVER - my copy (and at least one other I've seen on Facebook) has a duplicate page in "Detective Comics Annual 4" - specifically page 151 & 153 in the TPB

It sounds like they’re all like that, unfortunately. Over on the Tapatalk Collected Editions page, someone’s posted pictures of the missing page.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    My copy of Dark Knight Detective 7 arrived today!

I can confirm it contains:

Detective Comics 634-638, 641 & 643
    Detective Comics Annual 4 (Armageddon 2001)
    Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight 27
    Batman 474

On the plus side - we only need one more volume to get us to Knightfall!
    Great, then take those 8 volumes of Dark Knight Detective and collect them into an Omni!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Great, then take those 8 volumes of Dark Knight Detective and collect them into an Omni!!
    Hopefully volume 8 gets announced soon to get us up to Knightfall - and then they repackage the DKD and CC books into post-crisis Batman omnis (including Batman 401 this time!)

Astonishing Member

Is Dark Knight Detective a good starting point?

I read a lot of Batman in my life, but it was always criss cross here and there, and never found a good starting point. Golden Age obviously isn't it.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Is Dark Knight Detective a good starting point?
    Firstly, Batman: The Dark Knight Detective Vols 1-7 is just one half of the Post-COIE Batman TPB series, with the other half being Batman: The Caped Crusader Vols 1-6. One focuses on the title Detective Comics (Dark Knight Detective) and the other on the title Batman (Caped Crusader).

They are definitely worth owning for any serious Batman comics fan, but (just FYI) they omit Batman Year One, The Killing Joke, Batman Son of the Demon and stuff like that (often various Batman graphic novels, or 3rd or 4th tier Batman titles like Legends of the Dark Knight or Shadow of the Bat), with some of those omissions being core key Post-COIE Batman stuff. (Note: these omissions make perfect sense since the limited goal was only to capture the Post-COIE Batman comics of the two main serial titles of Detective Comics and Batman)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-15-2023 at 09:51 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”