View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Thank you for the list! I still hope we will get a Deluxe edition of the Deathstroke serie by Priest next year.

By the way is anyone familiar with the Legion of Superheroes? I just finished the Great Darkness Saga Deluxe and I loved it, is Legion of Super-Heroes: The Curse Deluxe as good?

Thanks,
    I don't know if I'd say it's AS good, but I think you'll like it a lot. Continues on with great material.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Yeah, I'm torn on this. On one hand, if it's not there, then it's out of stock, fine. On the other hand, you wonder, "is it there and I'm just not seeing it?"
    But compared to CGN, which lists everything since the dawn of time, and it feels like 80% of everything is listed as "out of stock"; it almost feels like a tease when you see it and then realize you can't have it.
    So I'm not sure which is better...
    They'll also immediately take it out of their top-ten listing. I first realized Morrison's Batman omnibus went out of stock when it disappeared off their ton top list.

I like seeing what has sold well, but it makes sense to take it off as it prevents an influx of email queries as to why they can't order the book.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Thanks. When I couldn't find it I suspected it must have sold out but still. As much as I like IST, the website's search system is awful.
    I actually have a copy but thought I'd hook up a friend. Oh well. I'm sure there will be more soon.
    My only gripe with their search system is you can't search unreleased books (You have to browse through their "Coming Soon" catalog), and when you do find upcoming books you're interested in the price isn't listed.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Thank you. I ordered the first 2 today. B.K.V. just seems like a really consistent writer, but it's always good to hear the good word.

Balakin if I just read FC on comixology, can I just cruise on to the Batman Morrison stuff? Owning the omni isn't important to me, especially if the tie-ins don't matter.
    the tie ins not written by Morrison don't matter but the ones by him do! So definitely read Superman beyond and Final crisis submit in the reading order they are in the collected editions. Also Final crisis itself comes after Batman RIP and there are 2 or three issues of Batman that are FC tie ins (not sure if they are in the first Batman omnibus since I don't have that. I'm keeping my deluxes)

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

I wanted to mention that Brian Cronin is doing a new CBR Top 100 list. This is the first time he's done one for One-Shots and Graphic Novels. Voting ends August 31st. Here's a link:
    https://www.cbr.com/vote-top-comic-b...raphic-novels/

By the way is anyone familiar with the Legion of Superheroes? I just finished the Great Darkness Saga Deluxe and I loved it, is Legion of Super-Heroes: The Curse Deluxe as good?
    Dang, you mentioned those two Legion deluxe editions and it occurred to me that I'd like to own them as well. That was a notion quickly dashed. Great Darkness is about a brazillian dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    My only gripe with their search system is you can't search unreleased books (You have to browse through their "Coming Soon" catalog), and when you do find upcoming books you're interested in the price isn't listed.
    The only thing I find fault with when it comes to IST
    I try to check out the last page of the up coming books each month so I can add the
    books I want to my wish list. The bigger problem is when they are solicited by there publisher, each
    book comes with a full detail of the contents and that is further up on with Diamond and than sites
    like Amazon for pre-ordering. And yet for some reason (computer space?) In Stock Trades choses
    to ignore all that and only gives full description of a book when they have it for sale

On second thought, (playing Devils advocate) maybe it is the constant changes between what is
    originally solicited and what actually appears in a book , that in Stock (being a small company)
    decided it would best to only add content after they have the actual book in there hand.
    Last edited by My Two Cents; 08-19-2018 at 03:12 PM.

Amazing Member

Thank you for the list! I still hope we will get a Deluxe edition of the Deathstroke serie by Priest next year.

Thanks,
    I thought the work collected in The Curse was actually much better than the GDS. If only because because the art is MUCH stronger throughout. What Giffen did with the Omen arc is mind-blowing. Levitz is in great form as well. Do yourself a favor and check The Curse ASAP !

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    The only thing I find fault with when it comes to IST
    I try to check out the last page of the up coming books each month so I can add the
    books I want to my wish list. The bigger problem is when they are solicited by there publisher, each
    book comes with a full detail of the contents and that is further up on with Diamond and than sites
    like Amazon for pre-ordering. And yet for some reason (computer space?) In Stock Trades choses
    to ignore all that and only gives full description of a book when they have it for sale

On second thought, (playing Devils advocate) maybe it is the constant changes between what is
    originally solicited and what actually appears in a book , that in Stock (being a small company)
    decided it would best to only add content after they have the actual book in there hand.
    I do like that other point. I never thought of that before. I still don't enjoy their search engine though :/

Long shot but anybody willing to swap a JL International or Detroit Omnibus for the X-Men Classic Omnibus?
    Also looking for the Wonder Woman George Perez Omnibus'

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    I don't know if I'd say it's AS good, but I think you'll like it a lot. Continues on with great material.
    Quote Originally Posted by rtk79 View Post
    I thought the work collected in The Curse was actually much better than the GDS. If only because because the art is MUCH stronger throughout. What Giffen did with the Omen arc is mind-blowing. Levitz is in great form as well. Do yourself a favor and check The Curse ASAP !
    Thank you both for your help! I will order the book soon I might try the Legion by Abnett and Lanning afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    Dang, you mentioned those two Legion deluxe editions and it occurred to me that I'd like to own them as well. That was a notion quickly dashed. Great Darkness is about a brazillian dollars.
    Yeah I was lucky I found it in "like new" condition for 15 bucks, so it was a good deal but I'm surprised that DC never reprinted this Deluxe since this story is really popular but also really important especially for Darkseid.

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    Long shot but anybody willing to swap a JL International or Detroit Omnibus for the X-Men Classic Omnibus?
    Also looking for the Wonder Woman George Perez Omnibus'
    I have a Perez WW Vol 1 I'd part with.

Fantastic Member

Here are the HCs from the DC November solicitations:

ABSOLUTE SCARLET VOL. 1 HC
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by ALEX MALEEV
    The first 10 issues of the classic Jinxworld series are collected in DC’s Absolute format! SCARLET is the story of a woman pushed to the edge by all that’s wrong with the world. A woman who discovers within herself the power to start a modern American revolution! Scarlet has declared war on a city strangled from within by corruption! Her call to arms has been heard all over the world—but now Scarlet makes her boldest move yet, taking City Hall hostage while the entire country watches. How will the public react to her demands? Can a modern revolution gain traction? And what will the government do to shut her down?
    RESOLICIT | ON SALE 04.10.19
    $75.00 US | 392 PAGES
    8.25” x 12.5”
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8972-0
    MATURE READERS
    This title is resolicited. All previous orders are cancelled.

ANIMAL MAN BY GRANT MORRISON BOOK ONE 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION HC
    written by GRANT MORRISON
    art by CHAS TRUOG, TOM GRUMMETT, DOUG HAZLEWOOD and MARK McKENNA
    cover by BRIAN BOLLAND
    Meet Buddy Baker: husband, father, animal rights activist and superhero. In these classic stories from ANIMAL MAN #1-13 and SECRET ORIGINS #39, Buddy is called by S.T.A.R. Labs to investigate a break-in related to an AIDS vaccine, only to learn what inhumane acts are going on. Then, Animal Man is invited to join the Justice League of America…but does he have what it takes?
    ON SALE 12.12.18
    $34.99 US | 7.0625” x 10.875” | 368 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8547-0

BATMAN AND SUPERMAN IN WORLD’S FINEST: THE SILVER AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC
    written by JERRY COLEMAN, BILL FINGER and others
    art by CURT SWAN, DICK SPRANG, JIM MOONEY and others
    cover by NICK DERINGTON
    Superman and Batman teamed up for these tales from the mid-1950s and early 1960s, which include their battles with villains including Lex Luthor, Clayface, Brainiac, Bizarro, Bat-Mite, Mr. Mxyzptlk and many others. Collects stories from World’s Finest Comics #117-158.
    ON SALE 04.17.19
    $99.99 US | 688 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8905-8

BATMAN: THE REBIRTH DELUXE EDITION BOOK THREE HC
    written by TOM KING
    art by JOELLE JONES, MIKEL JANIN, CLAY MANN, SETH MANN and others
    cover by MIKEL JANIN
    Following Batman’s proposal to Catwoman, Batman leaves Gotham City on a quest of redemption in the desert. Along the way, he encounters members of his extended family—each ready to push back against his determination to evolve into something better than a superhero. Then, a young admirer of Bruce Wayne’s wants to grow up to be like his millionaire idol. But what would happen if Mattie were forced to relive the worst tragedy of Bruce Wayne’s life? Collects BATMAN #33-44 and ANNUAL #2.
    ON SALE 12.05.18
    $34.99 US | 7.0625” x 10.875” | 320 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8521-0

CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS COMPANION DELUXE EDITION VOL. 2 HC
    written by MARV WOLFMAN, DOUG MOENCH, ALAN MOORE, ROBERT KANIGHER, ROY THOMAS, GERRY CONWAY and others
    art by GENE COLAN, STEPHEN BISSETTE, TODD McFARLANE, EDUARDO BARRETO and others
    cover by EDUARDO BARRETO
    ind out how the devastating effects of CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS reverberated across the DC Universe in these stories from DETECTIVE COMICS #558, DC COMICS PRESENTS #86, SWAMP THING #44, THE LOSERS SPECIAL #1, LEGENDS OF THE DCU: CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS #1, INFINITY INC. #18-25, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #244-245, INFINITY INC. ANNUAL #1 and NEW TEEN TITANS #13-14.
    ON SALE 04.24.19
    $75.00 US | 7.0625” x 10.875” | 544 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8921-8

HARLEY LOVES JOKER BY PAUL DINI HC
    written by PAUL DINI and JIMMY PALMIOTTI
    art by BRET BLEVINS and J. BONE
    cover by AMANDA CONNER
    Set in Harley’s earliest days with The Joker, the DC Universe’s most mischievous antihero makes the biggest mistake of her burgeoning criminal career… accidentally revealing the location of Mistah J’s hideout! She tries to make it up to her puddin’ after her colossal blunder—but The Joker’s wrath is not easily soothed! And how will the Dark Knight make matters even more complicated? Collects the backup stories from HARLEY QUINN #17-25 and Harley Loves Joker #1-2.
    ON SALE 12.12.18
    $24.99 US | 128 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8349-0

INJUSTICE VOL. 4 HC
    written by TOM TAYLOR
    art by DANIEL SAMPERE, MIKE S. MILLER, BRUNO REDONDO and XERMANICO
    cover by BRUNO REDONDO
    Batman looks for allies in an unexpected place—the Phantom Zone—and what he finds may change the course of his war with Ra’s al Ghul! The Dark Knight leads his team—including Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Plastic Man, Green Arrow and Black Canary—to Superman’s abandoned Fortress of Solitude in hopes of freeing the Teen Titans from their years-long exile in the Phantom Zone. But the Fortress isn’t abandoned, and more than just the Titans are about to escape the Phantom Zone! It’s a rescue with unexpected casualties, and success will require the return of one hero near death and another one long vanished! Collects INJUSTICE 2 #18-24.
    ON SALE 12.05.18
    $24.99 US | 160 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8533-3

THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN JUBILEE EDITION HC
    written by ALAN MOORE
    art and cover by KEVIN O’NEILL
    The first two LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN epics are joined by Volume three, THE BLACK DOSSIER! In this incredible tale, Allan Quatermain, Mina Murray, Captain Nemo, Dr. Henry Jekyll and Edward Hyde and the Invisible Man unite to defeat a deadly menace to London and all Britons! Then, one month later, the skies over England are filled with flaming rockets as Mars launches the first salvo of an invasion. Only our stalwart adventurers can save mother England and the Earth itself. And in the 1950s, England is not what it was, and with the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen disavowed, Mina Murray and Allan Quatermain seek answers in the Black Dossier. This amazing graphic novel includes a 3-D section complete with 3-D glasses and more!
    ON SALE 04.03.19
    $75.00 US | 608 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8900-3

SHAZAM!: POWER OF HOPE HC
    written by ALEX ROSS and PAUL DINI
    art and cover by ALEX ROSS
    SHAZAM!: POWER OF HOPE is a tale of a superhero using his powers in the most human of ways—to instill hope in the hearts of children. When Billy Batson, Captain Marvel’s adolescent alter ego, receives a letter from a terminally ill boy in the city’s children’s hospital, he decides to spend a few days in the ward. A true kid at heart, Captain Marvel tries to shed some light in the children’s lives by taking them on flying escapades and amazing them with stories of his exploits. Through outstanding art and dynamic personal interaction, the true essence and innocence of Captain Marvel shines throughout this touching and emotional book. DC presents this award-winning tale in its own hardcover edition for the first time!
    ON SALE 04.17.19
    $17.99 US | 8.125” x 11” | 72 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8822-8

SUPERMAN/SHAZAM!: FIRST THUNDER DELUXE EDITION HC
    written by JUDD WINICK
    art and cover by JOSHUA MIDDLETON
    Witness the first meeting of the Last Son of Krypton and Earth’s Mightiest Mortal in this thrilling story! While Superman must stop members of a cult from stealing an ancient artifact from the Metropolis Natural History Museum, Captain Marvel must defeat giant robots rampaging through Fawcett City! Collecting the classic four-issue miniseries in hardcover for the first time!
    ON SALE 12.12.18
    $29.99 US | 7.0625” x 10.875” | 136 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8537-1

THE DEATH AND RETURN OF SUPERMAN OMNIBUS HC NEW PRINTING
    written by DAN JURGENS, LOUISE SIMONSON, JERRY ORDWAY, ROGER STERN and others
    art by DAN JURGENS, BRETT BREEDING, JON BOGDANOVE, JERRY ORDWAY, TOM GRUMMETT, JACKSON GUICE and others
    cover by DAN JURGENS and BRETT BREEDING
    The unforgettable epic that made headlines across the nation is collected in this Omnibus edition, including SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL #17-26, SUPERMAN #73-83, ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #496-505, ACTION COMICS #683-692, JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA #69, SUPERMAN: THE LEGACY OF SUPERMAN #1 and GREEN LANTERN #46.
    ON SALE 04.10.19
    $150.00 US | 1,408 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-9107-5

SUPERMAN: THE REBIRTH DELUXE EDITION BOOK THREE HC
    written by PETER J. TOMASI, PATRICK GLEASON and others
    art by DOUG MAHNKE, ED BENES, TYLER KIRKHAM and others
    cover by JORGE JIMENEZ
    Following the events of “Black Dawn,” Superman is thrust into the antimatter universe of Qward, where his only hope is Sinestro! Meanwhile, Lois Lane profiles Deathstroke the Terminator for the Daily Planet, and it could cost her her life! This leads Deathstroke to Metropolis, and he forces Superman to make an impossible choice—let the love of his life die or become a killer himself. Collects SUPERMAN #27-36.
    ON SALE 12.26.18
    $34.99 US | 7.0625” x 10.875” | 240 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8451-0

Fantastic Member

And some big TPBs:

BATMAN: PRODIGAL TP NEW EDITION
    written by DOUG MOENCH, ALAN GRANT and CHUCK DIXON
    art by MIKE GUSTOVICH, RON WAGNER, BRET BLEVINS, PHIL JIMENEZ, LEE WEEKS, GRAHAM NOLAN and others
    cover by RON WAGNER and JOE RUBINSTEIN
    After the game-changing events of “Knightfall,” Bruce Wayne asks Nightwing to take his place while he recovers. As the new Batman, Dick will learn the responsibility and pressure that his former mentor bore as the Dark Knight. But when the maniacal Two-Face returns, the new Batman must overcome his childhood demons to defeat the first villain he ever faced! Collects BATMAN #512-514, BATMAN: SHADOW OF THE BAT #32-34, ROBIN #11-13 and DETECTIVE COMICS #679-681.
    ON SALE 12.26.18
    $24.99 US | 304 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8560-9

GOLDFISH TP NEW EDITION
    art and cover by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    An enigmatic grifter returns to his old haunts to find his old flame practically running the city’s underbelly. His oldest friend and ex-partner in crime is a police detective. The town itself seems to have turned on him. With everything going against him, how can Goldfish reclaim the only person whom he still cares about? DC presents a new edition of the classic crime tale from the pages of A.K.A. GOLDFISH: ACE, JOKER, KING, QUEEN and JACK, written and illustrated by Brian Michael Bendis!
    ON SALE 12.05.18
    $24.99 US | 272 PAGES
    B&W | MATURE READERS
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8749-8

GREEN ARROW: WAR OF THE CLANS (DC ESSENTIAL EDITION) TP
    written by JEFF LEMIRE
    art by ANDREA SORRENTINO, DENYS COWAN and BILL SIENKIEWICZ
    art and cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
    Oliver Queen thought he had it all figured out. As the heroic archer Green Arrow, he’d finally found a sense of purpose, friends to aid him, even a place on the Justice League of America. But now he’s not even sure where he came from…or whom he came from.
    As Green Arrow discovers that his stranding on a desert island was more than just an accident, there seem to be more sinister forces at work behind all these sudden revelations. The Queen family is embroiled in a war generations old. A war of clans. A war of outsiders. Collects Green Arrow #17-34, #23.1, Green Arrow: Futures End #1 and a story from SECRET ORIGINS #4.
    ON SALE 12.26.18
    $29.99 US | 480 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8562-3

JINX TP NEW EDITION
    art and cover by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    When bounty hunter Jinx Alameda met con man David “Goldfish” Gold, she thought he was too good to be true. Which he was. With a mysterious past and even murkier motives, Goldfish and Jinx find that they’re searching for the same thing—a huge cash treasure that could set them up for good. A tenuous partnership could lead them to the score of a lifetime—if they don’t kill each other first. Collects JINX Vol. 1 #1-7, JINX Vol. 2 #1-5 and JINX SPECIAL #1.
    ON SALE 12.26.18
    $29.99 US | 480 PAGES
    B&W | MATURE READERS
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8750-4

JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE WORLD’S GREATEST SUPER-HEROES BY ALEX ROSS AND PAUL DINI TP NEW EDITION
    written by ALEX ROSS and PAUL DINI
    art and cover by ALEX ROSS
    SUPERMAN: PEACE ON EARTH. BATMAN: WAR ON CRIME. SHAZAM!: POWER OF HOPE. WONDER WOMAN: SPIRIT OF TRUTH. JUSTICE LEAGUE: SECRET ORIGINS. JUSTICE LEAGUE: LIBERTY AND JUSTICE. These six legendary painted graphic novels by the superstar team of artist Alex Ross and writer Paul Dini are back in a new trade paperback edition.
    ON SALE 12.19.18
    $29.99 US | 8.0625” x 10.875”
    400 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8554-8

POWERS BOOK TWO TP NEW EDITION
    art and cover by MICHAEL AVON OEMING
    Resentment and violence against powers is running rampant in the streets in this second new collection from the Eisner Award-winning team of writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Michael Avon Oeming. A faction of young, angry citizens are raging an all-out war against the super heroes who have sworn to protect them—bringing the murder of Retro Girl back into question. On top of all this, the strained relationship between Christian Walker and Deena Pilgrim catches the attention of the media! This recut edition includes POWERS #12-24 and ANNUAL #1.
    ON SALE 12.19.18
    $29.99 US | 480 PAGES
    FC | MATURE READERS
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8748-1

SCALPED BOOK FOUR TP
    written by JASON AARON
    art by R.M. GUERA, DANIJEL ZEZELJ, DAVIDE FURNO and JASON LATOUR
    cover by R.M. GUERA
    In this collection featuring issues #35-49, those Chief Red Crow trusts most find themselves in difficult positions. His right-hand man is embroiled in a murder investigation, while his mentor challenges him for tribal leadership. And a Vietnam War flashback introduces Dash’s father, who returns to the rez under the shadow of a major scandal.
    ON SALE 12.12.18
    $24.99 US | 352 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8539-5

WONDER WOMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE VOL. 2 TP
    written by WILLIAM MOULTON MARSTON
    art by H.G. PETER
    cover by NICK DERINGTON
    The earliest stories of the Amazon Warrior are collected here in WONDER WOMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE VOL. 2, featuring the adventures of Wonder Woman as she tackles corruption, oppression and cruelty in the early days of World War II and battles Paula Von Gunther, Cheetah and other wartime threats. Collects SENSATION COMICS #15-24, WONDER WOMAN #4-7 and COMIC CAVALCADE #2-5.
    ON SALE 12.12.18
    $29.99 US | 392 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8536-4