View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1374 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 37487412741324136413701371137213731374137513761377137813841424 ... LastLast
Results 20,596 to 20,610 of 21670

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    The Inferno omni just smashed together the original Inferno OHC and the Inferno Crossovers OHC, both of which I already had. I already saw a used copy of the mew omni at my LCS, and like I said, it's reprinted on flimsy tissue paper, bound tight, and has one of those cheap matte black covers. I love the faux leather with foil embossing on the originals.

The upcoming Fall of the Mutants omni is literally the OHC with the new branding - contents are identical. Although I suspect it will be noticeably thinner given the new paper stock...
    I had to check - It was Mutant Massacre I was thinking about!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I didn't succumb to the Planet Hulk Omnibus as I have the original faux leather OHC. There is a slight regret in that the Omnibus has those extra issues but I'm not an Hulk completist so I'll live

I definitely am not picking up the new expanded Captain Britain Omnibus as I have the original two OHCs and original Omnibus which also contains two Captain America issues which the new Omnibus doesn't.
    I flipped the Planet Hulk ohc for the omnibus for the extra issues. But I too have the 2 original ohc and omni for Captain Britain - I'm good with that.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

DC's collections department is a shambles right now. I was just looking at my shelves and wondering what the next series to get orphaned will be. It's not looking good for the Superman: City of Tomorrow series right now. The fact that this wasn't sold as a Superman By Jeph Loeb and Joe kelly Omnibus series is mind-blowing.
    How have we never seen a Deluxe or Absolute edition of Darwyn Cooke's Spirit run? So may wasted opportunities.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    DC's collections department is a shambles right now. I was just looking at my shelves and wondering what the next series to get orphaned will be. It's not looking good for the Superman: City of Tomorrow series right now. The fact that this wasn't sold as a Superman By Jeph Loeb and Joe kelly Omnibus series is mind-blowing.
    Yeah, if we get a vol. 3 I'll be shocked.

But you may be on to something; it would be typical DC if they reprinted the two vol.'s we do have as a single omni, and then continued the run in that format.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Release date update - Batman: The Dark Knight Detective Vol. 6 has been moved back from Nov 2021 to Jan 2022 (thankfully not 2079!)

Incredible Member

Found Starman Compendium 1 at my local store and it contains:

Starman 0-42
    Starman Annual 1-2
    Starman 80 page giant 1
    Starman Secret Files & Origins 1
    Power of Shazam 35-36
    Stories from Showcase ‘95 #12 & Showcase ‘96 #4-5
    The Shade 1-4

Posted pics here
    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv....html#p1365981

I went ahead and got the Supes omni by Tomasi & Gleason from amazon, as they kept lowering the price, and I ended up biting when it went down to $64. That, and while I haven't read that run, I've heard it's great - is it?

I would not say great, but I did enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    I would not say great, but I did enjoy it.
    Less than great?
    That's too bad - tons of people are putting it up there as one of the best Superman runs of all time.
    I'm not quite expecting that, but that's the heights some readers are holding it up as.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Less than great?
    That's too bad - tons of people are putting it up there as one of the best Superman runs of all time.
    I'm not quite expecting that, but that's the heights some readers are holding it up as.
    I read a few of Tomasi's earlier works and found him to be extremely pedestrian, so I have my doubts on that.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Found Starman Compendium 1 at my local store and it contains:

Starman 0-42
    Starman Annual 1-2
    Starman 80 page giant 1
    Starman Secret Files & Origins 1
    Power of Shazam 35-36
    Stories from Showcase ‘95 #12 & Showcase ‘96 #4-5
    The Shade 1-4

Posted pics here
    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv....html#p1365981
    I flipped through a copy at my shop yesterday. While I love that they're finally going to complete reprinting this masterpiece, I was not sold on the build of the book. It's soooo damn thick! And while gutter loss wasn't too bad, it just felt flimsy and weak. I'm not sure how many re-readings it will hold up to...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I flipped through a copy at my shop yesterday. While I love that they're finally going to complete reprinting this masterpiece, I was not sold on the build of the book. It's soooo damn thick! And while gutter loss wasn't too bad, it just felt flimsy and weak. I'm not sure how many re-readings it will hold up to...
    I agree. The size of that Starman book is just too much. Im sadly passing on it. Seems like it will fall apart - and just completely uncomfortable to read.

On the flipside - I love that DC is splitting the upcoming Question Omni into at least 2 volumes. 800-900 pages a book is perfect rather than a 1500 page monster.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Amazing Member

I have 3 of DC’s compendiums and none of them have shown any signs of damage after reading them, but my Irredeemable omnibus by Boom which is also a paperback has completely fallen apart after reading it.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

ANNOTATED SANDMAN VOL. 1 OHC
    Written by NEIL GAIMAN
    Annotations written by LESLIE S. KLINGER
    Art by SAM KIETH, MIKE DRINGENBERG,
    MALCOLM JONES III, CHRIS BACHALO, and others
    Cover by DAVE McKEAN
    $49.99 US | 560 PGS | 11 3/4" x 11 3/4" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-516-2
    ON SALE 3/22/22
    Back in print! This oversize hardcover reprints The Sandman #1-20 annotated with page-by-page, panel-by-panel commentary explaining the history, references, hidden meanings, and other behind-the-scenes details from the making of this unforgettable series.

ALL STAR SUPERMAN: THE DELUXE EDITION OHC
    Written by GRANT MORRISON
    Art and cover by FRANK QUITELY
    $34.99 US | 328 PGS | 7 1/16" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-344-1
    ON SALE 1/25/22
    An emotionally and visually stunning graphic novel hearkening back to the Golden Age of comics, All-Star Superman creates a new but familiar take on the world’s first superhero. Collects the now-classic 12-issue miniseries at oversize trim with behind-the-scenes extras.

JUSTICE LEAGUE BY SCOTT SNYDER DELUXE EDITION BOOK THREE OHC
    Written by SCOTT SNYDER and JAMES TYNION IV
    Art by JORGE JIMENEZ, BRUNO REDONDO, JAVIER FERNANDEZ, and others
    Cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    $39.99 US | 344 PGS | 7 1/16" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-493-6
    ON SALE 2/8/22
    It’s the culmination of the Legion of Doom's master plan, and some may not survive. The Justice League must race through the past, present, and future to gather pieces of the Totality if they want to stop Lex Luthor’s team from unleashing Perpetua on the Multiverse. Collects Justice League #26-39.