View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1033 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 335339339831023102910301031103210331034103510361037104310831133 ... LastLast
Results 15,481 to 15,495 of 21670

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    True.

But both of these are instances where the alleged perpetrator's work is part of a much larger whole. The (presumably) canceled GL: Hal Jordan line of trades would be all Jones' work... they can't hide his name under 23 others.
    Thanks for all the replies. I agree, they can't "hide" his name, although they could not put it on the cover, back cover, spine, etc... but in the end if this is their choice to stay away from it until it gets resolved or cools down, etc... then I agree with others that none of this will see a new collection anytime in the near future. I hope they start releasing another GL series as these 'complete collection' thicker trades - maybe start the Johns run - which would be a pile of trades, but they could do that. They are doing Waid and Johns Flash runs at the same time, so there's no reason they couldn't continue to release the Kyle series AND another GL series. Have to see how it goes.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I agree, they can't "hide" his name, although they could not put it on the cover, back cover, spine, etc... but in the end if this is their choice to stay away from it until it gets resolved or cools down, etc... then I agree with others that none of this will see a new collection anytime in the near future. I hope they start releasing another GL series as these 'complete collection' thicker trades - maybe start the Johns run - which would be a pile of trades, but they could do that. They are doing Waid and Johns Flash runs at the same time, so there's no reason they couldn't continue to release the Kyle series AND another GL series. Have to see how it goes.
    There are still Hal Jordan Green Lantern stories not written by Jones they could collect. Green Lantern Corp #201-206 and 216-224, the Action Comics Weekly run, and the 2 Green Lantern specials have never been collected. That's got to be good for at least a couple of collections.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    There are still Hal Jordan Green Lantern stories not written by Jones they could collect. Green Lantern Corp #201-206 and 216-224, the Action Comics Weekly run, and the 2 Green Lantern specials have never been collected. That's got to be good for at least a couple of collections.
    There's a GLC hardcover coming this year ("Beware Their Power") that collects #207-215, so I'm sure the rest will come eventually.

It's been forever since I read the Action Comics Weekly story, but I don't have fond memories of it. Doesn't mean I won't buy a trade though...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Green Lantern 201-206 were collected in "Tales of the Green Lantern Corps vol 3" a few years ago, "Green Lantern Corps: Beware Their Power vol 1" being released this year has "207-215" so it looks like volume 2 onwards will collect 216 up the end of the series (before Green Lantern Vol 3, the Jones issues start)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    DC says it is upset by the Omnibus errors and they all stem from a certain period and they have doubled their efforts/staff to try to end the errors. That's all I know or will say, we shall see.
    That's the worst customer communication possible. No word on how to distinguish a possible second printing from the faulty first one. No clear labeling as "new edition" or "second printing". Just buy and see later if you have the right one. It's like Kinder Surprise. Piece of crap. I will wait and don't buy anything until they come up with a clear customer oriented solution and not that half assed bs they are doing now....And that's coming from a fan with lots of DC books on his shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    DC says it is upset by the Omnibus errors and they all stem from a certain period and they have doubled their efforts/staff to try to end the errors. That's all I know or will say, we shall see.
    Care to share a source?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suriel View Post
    Just buy and see later if you have the right one. It's like Kinder Surprise. Piece of crap.
    Yea, one serious collector poster on the Masterworksfansite said it's the first time he's ever not wanted the first printing of a trade.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Green Lantern 201-206 were collected in "Tales of the Green Lantern Corps vol 3" a few years ago, "Green Lantern Corps: Beware Their Power vol 1" being released this year has "207-215" so it looks like volume 2 onwards will collect 216 up the end of the series (before Green Lantern Vol 3, the Jones issues start)
    I really wish they'd have released GLC #201-224 as two 12 issue trades.

It may have the GL title, but this material is not in high demand, and while I like it, not really deserving of an overpriced hardcover...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Can we consider the laughably awful dustjacket spines of Knightfall Omnibus 1 and 2 errors requiring do-over as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    This we can agree on. Even if they commissioned Jones for "new art" for these collections, these eyesores should have be immediately relegated to the actual cover of the book, to be covered by competent dust jackets and never be exposed to the light of day again
    Hear, hear!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    That's what I get for relying on Wikipedia to see what's been collected.

I was wondering why there was a gap between GL: Sector 2814 Vol 3 and the upcoming Beware Their Power collection.

Incredible Member

That's what I get for relying on Wikipedia to see what's been collected.

I was wondering why there was a gap between GL: Sector 2814 Vol 3 and the upcoming Beware Their Power collection.
    No problem, happy to help

I really wish they'd have released GLC #201-224 as two 12 issue trades.

It may have the GL title, but this material is not in high demand, and while I like it, not really deserving of an overpriced hardcover...
    Yes its a shame they will release this one in HC when the previous collections were TPB followed by the "Emerald Dawn" and "GL: Hal Jordan" collections which are also TPB!

Question ... has the entire second run of Green Arrow (the one started by Smith and ended by Winnick) been collected in tpbs?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Question ... has the entire second run of Green Arrow (the one started by Smith and ended by Winnick) been collected in tpbs?
    I sold off my trades of Winick's run a long time ago, but I'm almost positive some of them were incomplete/skipped some issues.

However they managed to collect the entirety of the dreadful Green Arrow/Black Canary series that followed...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

I sold off my trades of Winick's run a long time ago, but I'm almost positive some of them were incomplete/skipped some issues.

However they managed to collect the entirety of the dreadful Green Arrow/Black Canary series that followed...
    I never want to think about that series again.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    There are a few issues missing, and most of the trades are way OOP.
    Cyclops was right