View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 828 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3287287788188248258268278288298308318328388789281328 ... LastLast
Results 12,406 to 12,420 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    My understanding was that the slipcase will be sold either with or alongside, the final issue of the series.
    I believe it was supposed to come with it. Then they added another issue. I assume it will come with that one.
    Of course we're all assuming this gets completed.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    Forgive me b/c I have a feeling this isn't the first time this question has been asked, but after a few attempts with the "search" feature I'll just throw it out there...

What's the word on obtaining the actual slipcase for the DKIII OHC collection?
    My understanding was that the slipcase will be sold either with or alongside, the final issue of the series.
    Yep, it's coming with the collector's edition of the last issue. Here's the solicit:

DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE COLLECTOR’S EDITION #9
    Written by FRANK MILLER and BRIAN AZZARELLO • Art by ANDY KUBERT, KLAUS JANSON and FRANK MILLER • Sketch cover by JIM LEE
    This oversized paper-over-boards Collector’s Edition features both stories from DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE #8 at the same size, with cover art that’s a pencils-only version of Jim Lee’s 1:500 variant cover. This final Collector’s Edition ships with a slipcase designed to hold the entire Collector’s Edition set!
    On sale JUNE 14 • 40 pg, FC, 9 of 9, 7.0625” x 10.1875”, $12.99 US

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Wait until you look into the cost of daycare . Honestly though, like the others said, congratulations! The little boogers really are life changing, but they are also worth every bit of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    That's a great sacrifice..let me know if you need to sell anything for toddler money

That's great you're sticking with TMNT. One of the most enjoyable books I've read. Surprised you're not reading Transformers MTMTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Congrats dude
    Thanks a lot!
    I am reading IDW's new Transformers series but when they started Phase 2 I went into trade wait. I've got TF: vol.5 of Phase 2 coming to me this week.
    Daycare....aye,yiyi!!!! $$$$$
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

So I'm a 75% done with Starman Omni 1. It's really really good and I'm saving up for vol 2 and gonna hunt down the rest like a bloodhound.

Why did DC cancel this again?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by enguarde22 View Post
    Yep, it's coming with the collector's edition of the last issue. Here's the solicit:

DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE COLLECTOR’S EDITION #9
    Written by FRANK MILLER and BRIAN AZZARELLO • Art by ANDY KUBERT, KLAUS JANSON and FRANK MILLER • Sketch cover by JIM LEE
    This oversized paper-over-boards Collector’s Edition features both stories from DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE #8 at the same size, with cover art that’s a pencils-only version of Jim Lee’s 1:500 variant cover. This final Collector’s Edition ships with a slipcase designed to hold the entire Collector’s Edition set!
    On sale JUNE 14 • 40 pg, FC, 9 of 9, 7.0625” x 10.1875”, $12.99 US
    Thanks for the information!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Thanks a lot!
    I am reading IDW's new Transformers series but when they started Phase 2 I went into trade wait. I've got TF: vol.5 of Phase 2 coming to me this week.
    Daycare....aye,yiyi!!!! $$$$$
    Oh awesome! Was stunned if you weren't reading it. I feel like IDW trades are a little.more.pricy, so I'm.with you on trade waiting.

Okay Zatanna fans. The collection tomorrow, yes or no?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    So I'm a 75% done with Starman Omni 1. It's really really good and I'm saving up for vol 2 and gonna hunt down the rest like a bloodhound.

Why did DC cancel this again?
    They didn't, actually. Don't quote me on this, but my understanding is that James Robinson decided he was coming to the logical end of the story, asked DC for permission to end it, and they liked the book (and its critical acclaim) so much that they obliged.

(I believe that's also why -- much like Neil Gaiman's Sandman -- no DC writer is allowed to use Jack Knight without Robinson's permission. I don't think it's official in a legally binding sense, but more of a handshake agreement.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    They didn't, actually. Don't quote me on this, but my understanding is that James Robinson decided he was coming to the logical end of the story, asked DC for permission to end it, and they liked the book (and its critical acclaim) so much that they obliged.

(I believe that's also why -- much like Neil Gaiman's Sandman -- no DC writer is allowed to use Jack Knight without Robinson's permission. I don't think it's official in a legally binding sense, but more of a handshake agreement.)
    Sorry about my wording but I meant the new trades.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Sorry about my wording but I meant the new trades.
    Whoops, my mistake!

Yeah, I'm not sure. They might just not have sold as well as expected. As great as the series is, I don't think it's nearly as well known as a lot of the indie darling (said with affection) Vertigo titles.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

They're solicited the Volume 3 trade three different times. Every time, the remove it, apparently because the preorders are "too low". Which is absurd to me, because why they expect a niche book with no marketing to have large online preorder numbers?
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by rtk79 View Post
    I'd say the defining moment for most recent Legion stories is the Levitz run, though the Levitz run itself makes use of past work, like Jim Shooter's. But it's always, or nearly always, presented in such a way that you don't actually need to read anything else or dig out your old Who's Who (or wikipedia).
    I'd say start out with The Great Darkness Saga. If you like it, read The Curse and head out from there. Early Legion is way more typical of wacky silver age shenanigans than early Spiderman. There's a real chance it will do nothing for you.
    Great, thanks for the recommendation! I think I'll hold off on the SA stuff then...or at least try and source a sampling of it elsewhere without having to buy the omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    They're solicited the Volume 3 trade three different times. Every time, the remove it, apparently because the preorders are "too low". Which is absurd to me, because why they expect a niche book with no marketing to have large online preorder numbers?
    The internet?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Okay Zatanna fans. The collection tomorrow, yes or no?
    I'm going to pass. There are some really good episodes there (for example, the arc where Zatanna is turned into a puppet), but most of it is relatively bland.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    In fairness, a publisher can't be blamed for not publishing a book that won't meet their profitability requirements. Retailers have been asked more than once if they are interested in selling a Vol 3 paperback, and it looks like retailers have said more than once that they're not; at least not in sufficient numbers that justify DC spending money to print it.

This book was marketed as much as any other collection of older material, and got more on-line buzz than most other books (on this forum anyway). Yet it looks like orders were still too low to justify publication, and there's nothing that points to a bigger marketing budget resulting in more orders.

If people want to see this printed, they need to order it from their comic shop when/if it's re-solicited. Those orders carry more weight than those done via bookshops, and I think they're more profitable for publishers too.