View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 871 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3717718218618678688698708718728738748758819219711371 ... LastLast
Results 13,051 to 13,065 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    What did you lug those books around in?
    I actually only had the Absolute COIE, Absolute GA/GL, and the newer Dark Horse Hardcovers(that are absolute sized) of Big Guy and Rusty and Shoalin Cowboy. The rest I only brought the dustjackets(so much easier and lighter).

But to answer your questions: https://smile.amazon.com/Etonomy-100...ube+hand+truck

It's great, collapsible, light, and has held up

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I actually only had the Absolute COIE, Absolute GA/GL, and the newer Dark Horse Hardcovers(that are absolute sized) of Big Guy and Rusty and Shoalin Cowboy. The rest I only brought the dustjackets(so much easier and lighter).

But to answer your questions: https://smile.amazon.com/Etonomy-100...ube+hand+truck

It's great, collapsible, light, and has held up
    Oh, i was gonna say the IC omni alone would've killed me.

Yeah, charging is weird. Denny didn't charge but was taking donation for Hero Initiative, which I threw a couple bucks in. Same with a few other guys. I don't mind, it's to deter people from bringing longboxes and signing 200 issues, which to me is completely excessive. But with Grell for example, I had a bout 12 things I would have like signed from throughout his career, but $5 per would have been way too much.

Fabian Nicieza was there too, but was charging 10 per signature. That was a nope

I met J.G. Jones a couple years ago at the Baltimore Con, and he did an Ampersand marker sketch in my Y Last Man deluxe 1, which was cool. Same with Jonathan Luna, did a sketch in my Sword Deluxe at the same con.

I met Geof Darrow too and he sketched a few, but I'll post that in the General Omnibus thread
    I can understand the long boxes. Honestly, I think it depends on the surroundings. At a con, I'd think 10 items would be the limit (for free). At the con I went, they also had donations to something similar, and I also threw in a few bucks.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

It's to fight flippers. That way the only people who get things signed actually want it for their own collections, not to resell on ebay for profit. It's the creators trying to lower the margins to where that sort of thing isn't profitable, or isn't profitable enough to make the hassle worth it.

Yeah, sucks, but abusive behavior from people taking advantage of them like that is why we can't have nice things.

It's cool to do the first one for free, though. That's what I would do. First one's free, each one after costs $50. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    It's to fight flippers. That way the only people who get things signed actually want it for their own collections, not to resell on ebay for profit. It's the creators trying to lower the margins to where that sort of thing isn't profitable, or isn't profitable enough to make the hassle worth it.

Yeah, sucks, but abusive behavior from people taking advantage of them like that is why we can't have nice things.

It's cool to do the first one for free, though. That's what I would do. First one's free, each one after costs $50. Ha.
    I see the point. I suppose it just doesn't apply to me. Especially because I only buy trades, and I always have them make it out to myself, and not just sign it.

There was actually a news article a week or so ago about Marvel not allowing signatures on books with windows cut on the protective bags or cgc cases and when they asked why an employee replied "because this signing is for the real fans". What he meant is that there are a LOT of flippers who make the creators sign a dozens of copies of the same book and a lot of creators backed this story up (Slott for example) and a lot of "real fans" witnessed similar things too.
    Unfortunately Bleedingcool made an article about how Marvel now decides who's the real fan and who isn't. Honesty if I would be an organiser at an event and some flippers would piss me off I'm not sure I would have a more polite answer.
    Although charging for a signature is a bit weird to me. Maybe after 3 books. I like when people don't charge but want to make the signature personal or they ask for a donation to the Hero Initiative or something like that. But I'm not sure how much money the creators get for appearances. Artists obviously charge for sketches and comissions but how can writers make some money if not by charging for signatures.

Fantastic Member

An easy troll for the signer is to personalize the comic.

Mighty Member

Idk. I don't like my signatures personalized, personally. Just my preference. But they have to put some kind of measures in place for the assholes who bring short boxes in to get books signed. And i agree with balakin, a writer might need an avenue like paid sigs to supplement their earnings, especially after their career has died down. Artists can make a killing doing commisions and such. I was at Heroes last year and Neal Adams was charging for photos, which i thought was a bit much, but to each their own.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    I'm not going to pick up the first TPB of Young Justice because it doesn't have #1000000 or Secret Origins 80-Page Giant. Therefore, I'm not going to pick up the following collections.

However, there was a Diamond update which added 40 pages to this book. But of course it didn't say how exactly the content was changed if at all.
    It's been a couple weeks, but my copy arrived from IST today. Just to let everyone know, I can confirm that the new Young Justice tpb does include YJ #1,000,000 and the Secret Origins 80-Page Giant. Everything's in order, nothing's been left out, in case anyone was on the fence about picking it up.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    It's been a couple weeks, but my copy arrived from IST today. Just to let everyone know, I can confirm that the new Young Justice tpb does include YJ #1,000,000 and the Secret Origins 80-Page Giant. Everything's in order, nothing's been left out, in case anyone was on the fence about picking it up.
    Sweet. I'll pick it up when I'm not broke.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Idk. I don't like my signatures personalized, personally. Just my preference. But they have to put some kind of measures in place for the assholes who bring short boxes in to get books signed. And i agree with balakin, a writer might need an avenue like paid sigs to supplement their earnings, especially after their career has died down. Artists can make a killing doing commisions and such. I was at Heroes last year and Neal Adams was charging for photos, which i thought was a bit much, but to each their own.
    I suppose thats true. To each their own. I just enjoy a good signature.

Well, I broke down and bout Absolute Preacher 1 and 2.

Looks like I'll sell my hardcovers now.

Is the Young Justice TPB glossy or newspaper print?

Well, I broke down and bout Absolute Preacher 1 and 2.

Looks like I'll sell my hardcovers now.
    I ordered vol. 2 today.a

I understand people wanting to have their books signed. I understand why some people would want to try to sell signed items for a profit, not that I like the practice. I don't understand why anyone would want to buy a signed item from someone else.