View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 876 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3767768268668728738748758768778788798808869269761376 ... LastLast
Results 13,126 to 13,140 of 21662

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Via Previewsworld:

The correct contents of Justice League by Giffen and DeMatteis Omnibus Vol. 1 HC (APR170428, $99.99) are: Justice League #1-#6, Justice League International #7-#25, Justice League America #26-#30, Justice League International Annual #1-#3, Justice League Europe #1-#6.
    Very nice. SO hyped for this.

Gotham Central / Planetary Omniboo
    I have the first printing of Planetary and while he binding is a bit stiff but it's not horrible and afaik the later printings or at least one of the later printings improved on the flexibility of binding. Still better than what it used to be.
    Also as other's said it has printed cover which combined with the fact that it's a bit thinner than GC makes Planetary feel a sturdier book.
    Also this is the only oversized version that collects the JLA, Batman and Authority crossovers too, the absolutes and the trades didn't so you had to pick up the deluxe. And that Batman story alone worth owning the whole thing in one package IMHO.

Spectacular Member

Don't know if the Knightfall omni has been discussed recently, but on the subject of omnibus quality, I am very happy with it. Thick paper (but pretty wavy in my climate), nice binding, art-printed cover. Is it safe to say that DC's omni paper quality has truly overtaken Marvel's?

Question: I'm about to finish the Flash by Morrison & Millar TPB. Really liked it overall. Is there really no collected edition that follows it up? I think the next issue is Wally West's wedding, and the return of Mark Waid, so I would have expected that to be collected somewhere!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Don't know if the Knightfall omni has been discussed recently, but on the subject of omnibus quality, I am very happy with it. Thick paper (but pretty wavy in my climate), nice binding, art-printed cover. Is it safe to say that DC's omni paper quality has truly overtaken Marvel's?

Question: I'm about to finish the Flash by Morrison & Millar TPB. Really liked it overall. Is there really no collected edition that follows it up? I think the next issue is Wally West's wedding, and the return of Mark Waid, so I would have expected that to be collected somewhere!
    Waid's run is very slowly being collected from the beginning. It'll be a while before those issues get collected.
    Cyclops was right

Waid came back to tell one more story (Dark Flash/Walter West) before Johns took over. Its self-contained, so you can skip it for the time being and read John's run. The first 2 books of Waid's run are available. They look to be doing 3 a year, so it'll be about 3 years before we get to the end (assuming his Impulse will also be a part of these expanded re-releases).

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Waid came back to tell one more story (Dark Flash/Walter West) before Johns took over. Its self-contained, so you can skip it for the time being and read John's run. The first 2 books of Waid's run are available. They look to be doing 3 a year, so it'll be about 3 years before we get to the end (assuming his Impulse will also be a part of these expanded re-releases).
    I'm sure Impulse by Mark Waid will be released at some point. Especially if Young Justice is indeed coming back.

He only did a year and a half I think, so I'm half expecting it to be collected in the Flash volumes. So far, all cross-overs and even stuff not by Waid has made it into the books. Since they cross during "Dead Heat", I know those will at least be included.

Thank you all for clarifying the Planetary omni. I've had that book on my IST wish list forever, like seriously at the very bottom of it now. Looks like it's time to finally click that add to cart button.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Thank you all for clarifying the Planetary omni. I've had that book on my IST wish list forever, like seriously at the very bottom of it now. Looks like it's time to finally click that add to cart button.
    I've only recently read the Planetary omnibus. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Mine is a 2015 third printing and the binding is fine on mine.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    He only did a year and a half I think, so I'm half expecting it to be collected in the Flash volumes. So far, all cross-overs and even stuff not by Waid has made it into the books. Since they cross during "Dead Heat", I know those will at least be included.
    True, but thats a lot of content to be included. I'd prefer if they just collected the Impulse issues on its own. At least until Dead Heat. Not sure how they would handle that.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Planetary has a marginally tighter binding but better quality coverstock, definitly pick up a copy if you havnt got the Absolutes
    Cheers for the info, I have the Absolutes already but the slipcases got damaged and I'm considering replacing them.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I've got the initial release printing. While not the best binding, it is sewn and i wouldn't consider it a mousetrap. Now hawkman on the other hand...
    I used to own Hawkman(and the Flash Omnis, Orion etc) so I'm a bit sceptical of DCs Omnis after those experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    Omnibus Info
    This is all great stuff, good to hear they'e put out a better product and then gone back and improved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Gotham Central / Planetary Omniboo
    I have the first printing of Planetary and while he binding is a bit stiff but it's not horrible and afaik the later printings or at least one of the later printings improved on the flexibility of binding. Still better than what it used to be.
    Also as other's said it has printed cover which combined with the fact that it's a bit thinner than GC makes Planetary feel a sturdier book.
    Also this is the only oversized version that collects the JLA, Batman and Authority crossovers too, the absolutes and the trades didn't so you had to pick up the deluxe. And that Batman story alone worth owning the whole thing in one package IMHO.
    Atm I have the Absolutes and the Crossing Worlds TPB, not an ideal situation. So the Omnibus sounds like it will inch me closer to my collection nirvana of upgrading all of my tpbs to HCs and it will be worth reading too.

Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    **** DC .
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Refusing to click on any BC links; can someone give me a run down of why this is causing an uproar?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Refusing to click on any BC links; can someone give me a run down of why this is causing an uproar?
    Sandman Mystery Theater got Starman'ed.
    Cyclops was right