View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1364 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 36486412641314135413601361136213631364136513661367136813741414 ... LastLast
Results 20,446 to 20,460 of 21657

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    I have a shelf of orphans. PAD Aquaman, Legion by Abnett & Lanning, Ostrander's Spectre, Kyle Rayner... It's such a sad sight.
    Can we post memes? If not, just imagine Padme asking Anakin if they're going to finish PADs Supergirl.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Can we post memes? If not, just imagine Padme asking Anakin if they're going to finish PADs Supergirl.
    There's about 40 versions of that meme that could be created with abandoned DC lines...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    There's about 40 versions of that meme that could be created with abandoned DC lines...
    It's true. That Supergirl (and Aquaman, really dug PAD on DC stuff) just especially hurt. Really enjoyed that run. The Spectre trades come to my mind too.

Spectacular Member

It's true. That Supergirl (and Aquaman, really dug PAD on DC stuff) just especially hurt. Really enjoyed that run. The Spectre trades come to my mind too.
    They need to put PAD Aquaman in Omnibus...

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Okay I'm a bit worried. A week ago a youtuber got hold of the New 52 JL Omni and his copy had a really great binding with a big eye, but now Nearmint Conditon has reviewed the same book and the eye is nowhere near as big in that copy. Is it common practice to print the same book at different locations simultanously or something? The binding was the defining factor for me with this book and now I don't know what to do.
    It could be down to how much each book was opened out before the videos were made. You might notice that at one point in the SilverKyle video that he's really pushing down on the pages to lift the eye up, so he might have just stretched the book a bit more before doing the video.

I think the eye in the NM video still looks decent enough. The eye in the Gem Mint video (below) looks like it's little better again than the NM version.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Maybe they will once Aquaman 2 starts rolling out. ����*♂️

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I have inflated expectations that when Aquaman 2 is ready for release we will see PAD Aquaman vol.1 and Golden Age Aquaman vol.1

Dream BIG!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I have inflated expectations that when Aquaman 2 is ready for release we will see PAD Aquaman vol.1 and Golden Age Aquaman vol.1

Dream BIG!!
    They could have easily finished this run in four TPB's (maybe three if they'd made them a little thicker?), but they quit after two, presumably because they didn't sell enough. If they make another attempt, I have a feeling they'll drop the complete run in a single, unwieldy volume.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

They could have easily finished this run in four TPB's (maybe three if they'd made them a little thicker?), but they quit after two, presumably because they didn't sell enough. If they make another attempt, I have a feeling they'll drop the complete run in a single, unwieldy volume.
    Yeah, and you know it as well as I do, they could easily complete a run in a handful of trades but orphan them too soon.

I'm curious what a side by side sales comparison would be. For example, a full run of a series in 4 trades released all at once versus the spacing out 4 trades over 6months.

Incredible Member

Opinions on new52 JL Dark series?

I'm eyeing that omnibus. I really liked the recently-ended JLD book. Is the new52 version same, better, worse than that?

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post

I'm eyeing that omnibus. I really liked the recently-ended JLD book. Is the new52 version same, better, worse than that?
    Normally I would highly recommend it, but I've noticed many aren't a fan of the series. I only read the first arc oft he newer JLD and wasn't a fan so I haven't continued it, so it's difficult to compare it to for you.

I really enjoyed it, I think it starts off a little too grim-dark in my opinion and it results in it being a tad too confusing for me. When Jeff Lemire takes over the series felt very fun, and whimsical but still interesting. I loved the new team roster. I think the absolute biggest drag to this series is the Blight Crossover-which the idea was interesting, but simply went on Way too long. I believe the Blight run and all the crossover issues are collected in the Omni. It was extremely long crossover with not enough payoff.

JM Dematteis finished the run out, and I thought it was excellent. Zatanna is the leader and it balances out the horror and creepiness Peter Milligan (he did the first few issues) but still had that charming team book Lemire had.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post

I'm probably in the minority, but I really loved Peter Milligan's opening run. While it did feel a bit slow in parts, it re-reads quite well. It also feels like a bit of a backdoor epilogue to his Shade, The Changing Man from the 90's, but as someone who loved that book I was fine with it. Like Vilynne said, Lemire's run is good, but much of it is bogged down by the "Forever Evil: Blight" and "Trinity War" crossovers. And then you have DeMatteis (who can do no wrong!) finish it off strong. Overall, I do recommend the series as a whole.

That said, I'm skipping the omnibus because it's just too goddamn big! I don't know what DC has been thinking cranking out these 1,800+ page books. smh...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

I'm probably in the minority, but I really loved Peter Milligan's opening run. While it did feel a bit slow in parts, it re-reads quite well. It also feels like a bit of a backdoor epilogue to his Shade, The Changing Man from the 90's, but as someone who loved that book I was fine with it. Like Vilynne said, Lemire's run is good, but much of it is bogged down by the "Forever Evil: Blight" and "Trinity War" crossovers. And then you have DeMatteis (who can do no wrong!) finish it off strong. Overall, I do recommend it the series as a whole.

That said, I'm skipping the omnibus because it's just too goddamn big! I don't know what DC has been thinking cranking out these 1,800+ page books. smh...
    I already have all the trades anyway... Even though it is appealing to read the Blight crossover again in one place instead of having to go back and forth between books. I should reread Blight again with "fresh eyes". See how it reads

I think it rereads just fine, but the fact that it took something like 6 months in real time was such a drag!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    It could be down to how much each book was opened out before the videos were made. You might notice that at one point in the SilverKyle video that he's really pushing down on the pages to lift the eye up, so he might have just stretched the book a bit more before doing the video.

I think the eye in the NM video still looks decent enough. The eye in the Gem Mint video (below) looks like it's little better again than the NM version.
    Yeah you're probably right. I ended up ordering a copy.