View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Seriously considering buying the Infinite Crisis Omnibus. No idea what it’s about, but know many really liked it. How is the binding on this? I have heard it’s a rather thick book, but that won’t hinder me if the story within is good.
    Cant comment on the story so much but I ordered this today. I wasn't going to since it was so big...lbut i'm weak lol. Binding in videos looks a bit tight like the Fourth World which could be a good thing for a book this big.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Cant comment on the story so much but I ordered this today. I wasn't going to since it was so big...lbut i'm weak lol. Binding in videos looks a bit tight like the Fourth World which could be a good thing for a book this big.
    Sometimes not knowing what you’re getting into can be an adventure. I’ll place my order, but if there are any problems, I’ll just blame RamblingMan and get a refund. Haha.

Thanks for your reply.

Incredible Member

Sometimes not knowing what you’re getting into can be an adventure. I’ll place my order, but if there are any problems, I’ll just blame RamblingMan and get a refund. Haha.

Thanks for your reply.
    If it sucks I will take full blame! Lol Sometimes(ok very often) I jump right in knowing nothing to very little if the consensus on something is generally positive.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    If it sucks I will take full blame! Lol Sometimes(ok very often) I jump right in knowing nothing to very little if the consensus on something is generally positive.
    No worries, man.

Seriously considering buying the Infinite Crisis Omnibus. No idea what it’s about, but know many really liked it. How is the binding on this? I have heard it’s a rather thick book, but that won’t hinder me if the story within is good.
    it's kind of a sequel to CoIE but I haven't read that before I've read IC and I had no problems understanding it. I think the only problem you could have with it (since if I'm not mistaken you prefer older comics) that it's quite violent for a mainstream DC book (not Ennis level, it's just the usual Johns stuff) but otherwise it's a well constructed, universe shattering superhero hullabaloo with tons of characters and (mostly) great tie ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it's kind of a sequel to CoIE but I haven't read that before I've read IC and I had no problems understanding it. I think the only problem you could have with it (since if I'm not mistaken you prefer older comics) that it's quite violent for a mainstream DC book (not Ennis level, it's just the usual Johns stuff) but otherwise it's a well constructed, universe shattering superhero hullabaloo with tons of characters and (mostly) great tie ins.
    That sounds like a solid review. Thanks, man.

Mighty Member

I honestly feel like it's one of the most well choreographed events of the last 25 years or so. At the time (early to mid 2000s), DC was firing on all cylinders, and the event had ties felt across most, if not all it's titles. The aftermath also lead to some great stuff (see 52) and i particularly enjoyed the use of many of the secondary characters.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I honestly feel like it's one of the most well choreographed events of the last 25 years or so. At the time (early to mid 2000s), DC was firing on all cylinders, and the event had ties felt across most, if not all it's titles. The aftermath also lead to some great stuff (see 52) and i particularly enjoyed the use of many of the secondary characters.
    Thanks for the review. I was a Marvel kid in the 80s (mostly,) but by the end of that decade I felt DC was the company putting out better stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I'm so behind on Wonder Woman material, I forgot Bryne V.2 HC came oht already! As did the Rebirth dlx! As did Perez Omni 3! Damn. Really cant express how happy I am these are getting collected though.
    I bought the second Deluxe by Rucka - really liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Completely agree. The best part about it was the the tie-ins/min-series were decent which is never a guarantee with big events.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I'm so behind on Wonder Woman material, I forgot Bryne V.2 HC came oht already! As did the Rebirth dlx! As did Perez Omni 3! Damn. Really cant express how happy I am these are getting collected though.
    And volume 3 of the golden Age Wonder Woman omnibus is coming up next month and early next year we will get the Wonder Woman (Emma Peel) run collected in an omnibus.
    Some times I have to scratch my head when I see what D C and Marvel keep pouring out month to month and wonder why there is still no Scott Snyder: Complete Batman Omnibus vol.1
    or Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus vol.4 (Death Of Gwen and first appearance Punisher).

Spectacular Member

Does the 52 omnibus (or the fat tpbs) contain the world war 3 mini?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ben11345 View Post
    Does the 52 omnibus (or the fat tpbs) contain the world war 3 mini?
    I'm pretty sure both don't, both Omni and the new TPB editions are missing a bit of stuff from the original 4 volume TPB set. I have the OMni and am about 60% through it right now and I haven't seen anything about a WW3 mini

I know giant books like Infinite Crisis and Justice League International are unwieldy and a chore to hold, but does anyone else just getting incredibly pumped when first pulling them out of the box, or looking at them on the shelf? I pulled the IC book out and was amazed. "Look at this big bastard here." No clue how I'm going to read it, but I love owning it.

Incredible Member

Anyone who has Batman Rebirth Deluxe book 2, can you tell me what order they put the Button tie-ins, Every Epilogue is a prelude, and Brave and the Mold? The trade paperback puts Batman 24 before 23, and I'm wondering if the deluxe does this too, and where the Button is placed in relation to that. Thanks!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    I know giant books like Infinite Crisis and Justice League International are unwieldy and a chore to hold, but does anyone else just getting incredibly pumped when first pulling them out of the box, or looking at them on the shelf? I pulled the IC book out and was amazed. "Look at this big bastard here." No clue how I'm going to read it, but I love owning it.
    They are awesome to look at. I get excited by the amount of comics contained within. I found the best way to read is on my lap on top of a pillow. When you need a special strategy to read a book, you know its a big book.