View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 406 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3063563964024034044054064074084094104164565069061406 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 21672

Does anyone have a strong opinion on the Morrison/Millar Swamp Thing run that just came out?

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sho nuff View Post
    Does anyone have a strong opinion on the Morrison/Millar Swamp Thing run that just came out?
    Millar's Swamp Thing run is third behind Alan Moore's and Rick Veitch's run, in my opinion, but the issues that he co-wrote with Morrison are the weakest of his run. Fortunately, that material only takes up about half of the new tpb, and the rest is Millar and Hester on their own, which is great stuff with a lot of obscure DCU callbacks. One of the great things about the Millar run is that it builds over time, and every new threat is greater than the one before. By the end, there was really nowhere else for the series to go, so they made the right call and cancelled the book rather than retcon everything.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I wish! But at this rate, they won't finish collecting it in these puny trades we've been getting for another 10 years...

Although I am pleasantly surprised vol. 5 is already popping up; I was sure the line would die in within 2-3 books!
    No kidding. I'm surprised they've still stuck with the Hellblazer reprints - one of the few tpb collections I buy.

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Dc needs to get off their ass and give garth ennis some oversized love either absolute or omnibus preacher or hitman.
    Hitman will probably never happen, but with a Preacher show coming out, there might be a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by sho nuff View Post
    After Morrison left it got way, way better. In fact, the final six or so issue arc is not only an amazing finale but perhaps the best Hellblzaer/Constantine story ever.

seems like Morrison and Millar can't write together? Their Flash hc announcement got mixed reactions here and Aztec was very disappointing.
    Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Millar's Swamp Thing run is third behind Alan Moore's and Rick Veitch's run, in my opinion, but the issues that he co-wrote with Morrison are the weakest of his run. Fortunately, that material only takes up about half of the new tpb, and the rest is Millar and Hester on their own, which is great stuff with a lot of obscure DCU callbacks. One of the great things about the Millar run is that it builds over time, and every new threat is greater than the one before. By the end, there was really nowhere else for the series to go, so they made the right call and cancelled the book rather than retcon everything.
    Exactly. Perfect way to wrap up the series.
    I also enjoyed the BKV series featuring Tefe that came out after that one, but unfortunately it didn't sell and he wrapped it up fairly quick.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Never read Shade, because they didn't finish the tpb-s, so I didn't bother buying the existing one if I can't get the rest of the story. Read some of Sandman Mystery Theatre and loved it and it's a shame that it's not finished either (AFAIK).
    What?! You're selling yourself short, sir. I'm not sure how you feel about single issues, but if you want the series in one format, track down the floppies. They're well worth it.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

What?! You're selling yourself short, sir. I'm not sure how you feel about single issues, but if you want the series in one format, track down the floppies. They're well worth it.
    my feelings towards floppies are very hostile, unfortunately.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

my feelings towards floppies are very hostile, unfortunately.
    Haha! I hope I didn't bring up any bad memories by asking!

In that case, I would encourage you to pick up the 3 existing trades. They may not complete the entire series, but they do end at a logical stopping point and make for a complete read in and of themselves.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Haha! I hope I didn't bring up any bad memories by asking!

In that case, I would encourage you to pick up the 3 existing trades. They may not complete the entire series, but they do end at a logical stopping point and make for a complete read in and of themselves.
    no bad memories I just really don't like the format
    I may pick it up then, thanks for the recommendation!

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

seems like Morrison and Millar can't write together? Their Flash hc announcement got mixed reactions here and Aztec was very disappointing.
    Weird.
    I wouldn't say that they couldn't work together when they had a partnership, but their voices are stronger on their own than mixed together. For example, I like Aztek, but it's very clear which issues Millar scripted and which issues Morrison scripted. It's still mostly strong stuff (except for their 2000AD "Summer Offensive", which was crap except for John Smith's contributions), but nowhere near what they did on their own. Or in Millar's case, what he did on his own until he went full-on shock after The Ultimates.

With Millar and Morrison, I always got the feeling that they were sitting around a table cracking each other up with biting dialogue and crazy ideas, but never really put any thought into whether anyone besides themselves would like what they were writing. Skrull Kill Krew is the epitome of this, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post

With Millar and Morrison, I always got the feeling that they were sitting around a table cracking each other up with biting dialogue and crazy ideas, but never really put any thought into whether anyone besides themselves would like what they were writing. Skrull Kill Krew is the epitome of this, in my opinion.
    LOL, The Kill Krew is the only M/M team-up I actually liked.

Gosh, this list looks amazing. Censor me if you want, but I'm sure someone will try to get them all. But that's the life of an Omnibus collector!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://collectededitions.blogspot.ie...s-omnibus.html

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Gosh, this list looks amazing. Censor me if you want, but I'm sure someone will try to get them all. But that's the life of an Omnibus collector!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://collectededitions.blogspot.ie...s-omnibus.html
    Gotham Central Omnibus!!!

Kingdom come deluxe is a welcome addition, but I think I'll hold out for an affordable copy of the absolute. Alex Ross' art deserves it.

And another Grant Morrison deluxe - kill your boyfriend/vinnamaramma, a two-in-one just like ocean/orbiter (these two-in-one deluxes give me hope for a two in one absolute containing batman year one)

I wonder what DC comics: Elseworlds vol. 1 will contain.
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 08-06-2015 at 12:13 PM.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Nice find man! Between this and the Marvel Hachette catalog I've got a lot to look forward too.

Have any of you gotten the Norm Breyfogle Legends of the Dark Knight HC? Worth getting?

Incredible Member

!!!!
    Amazing now for the strategic game of how I offload ny hardcovers to maximize return before people hear of the upcoming omnibus!