View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 414 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3143644044104114124134144154164174184244645149141414 ... LastLast
Results 6,196 to 6,210 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzster View Post
    If it's related, I don't think my OCD would agree with you.
    Yeah, but it's really not worth reading. Well, I guess the Catwoman stuff is, but just get that in tpb, then trade or sell it and you won't have to worry about OCD
    Last edited by TomSlick; 08-13-2015 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I read them in floppies, tpb and have been reading the OHCs as they come out. In fact, this weekend, I'll be starting the latest one, vol. 4, which I just got.
    I would have read the omnibus but at the time it was at the far end of my reading list.
    cool, I thought it's not you cup of tea. (since it's the textbook example of "Morrison unleashed")

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Not sure if anyone has noticed but the the RRP of the Batman by Neal Adams Omnibus has increased from $75 to $99.99 on amazon.com

Maybe they're going to beef it up with those issues between those illustrated by Neal Adams? That would be cool.

I locked it in at £30 on amazon.co.uk back in May. Since then it's gone up to £37.47 which still isn't a bad price for a £75 Omnibus for Europeans. Lets 's just hope they don't end up cancelling this book as that initial preorder price was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzster View Post
    After being a longtime Marvel/Image reader, I finally read my first Batman book - Absolute Long Halloween, and thought it was pretty good. Absolute Dark Victory just came in the mail and I'm looking forward to diving into it soon. Is Absolute Haunted Knight related to these two in any way in terms of story or is it worth reading?
    While Tim Sale's illustrations in Haunted Knight are much better than anything he did in Long Halloween or dark victory, Loeb's writing is absolutely terrible.
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 08-14-2015 at 12:49 AM.

Incredible Member

So The Filth by Morrison. Yay or nay?

BANNED

It's a lot like the Invinsibles but not as good. It's an interesting funride that deals with the Multiverse, Comics and Continuity and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    So The Filth by Morrison. Yay or nay?
    eh, it's OK, but having read Invisibles, it's more like a poor man's Invisibles. Maybe if I had read it first . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    eh, it's OK, but having read Invisibles, it's more like a poor man's Invisibles. Maybe if I had read it first . . .
    so if it's not as good as the invisibles (which i found excellent when i read it as a young un, but very poor when i re-read it as an old un) i'd give it a miss

same here, liking Invisibles more than Filth. Also Filth is very, very, VERY disturbing to me sometimes. Disgusting mostly. But it's good, just not as good as the Invisibles (read both twice, Invisibles is one of my all time favorites).

Yeah The Filth is not nearly as good as the Invisibles, I do very much enjoy it thought but is really messed up. I do love the weird little hypersigil trilogy he has made with Flex, Invisibles, and Filth

Incredible Member

Hmm, okay. Might give it a miss then. Thanks for actually saving me money for once, guys. :P

Is the new 52 villians omni worth the coin? What's it about? (Apart from villains)

Add to that question the 5 years later and one million omnis

I stopped collecting floppies after that weekly 52 series so I don't know in to much detail what happens to the dc universe after that apart from it became quite crap
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 08-15-2015 at 03:00 AM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Is the new 52 villians omni worth the coin? What's it about? (Apart from villains)

Add to that question the 5 years later and one million omnis

I stopped collecting floppies after that weekly 52 series so I don't know in to much detail what happens to the dc universe after that apart from it became quite crap
    The Villains omni contains all the one-shots that centered on villains during the Forever Evil storyline. Most are bad or average but there are some really good ones as well (Count Vertigo, Riddler and Killer Croc for example). One Million is an event by Morrison in the late 90's. It's set 1000000 months after 1938 (Action comics #1) and is generally considered one of Dc's best events.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fixed. No, don't thank me.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    The Villains omni contains all the one-shots that centered on villains during the Forever Evil storyline. Most are bad or average but there are some really good ones as well (Count Vertigo, Riddler and Killer Croc for example). One Million is an event by Morrison in the late 90's. It's set 1000000 months after 1938 (Action comics #1) and is generally considered one of Dc's worst events.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Fixed. No, don't thank me.
    Really? Most consider to be one Dc's better events and I kind of agree. Hell, the whole event is worth it for Hitman #1000000
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47