View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
528. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

49 9.28%
  • Deluxe

211 39.96%
  • Omnibus

211 39.96%
  • Absolute

120 22.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1142 of 1142 FirstFirst ... 14264210421092113211381139114011411142
Results 17,116 to 17,121 of 17121
    Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cmcok68 View Post

ABSOLUTE SWAMP THING BY ALAN MOORE VOL. 1
    U.S. Price: $99.99
    On Sale 6/26

Alan Moore’s legendary run of Swamp Thing tales is collected in Absolute format at last, completely recolored for this new edition! This first of three volumes includes Moore’s first Swamp Thing story, issue #20’s “Loose Ends,” a prelude to his haunting origin story, “The Anatomy Lesson,” which reshapes Swamp Thing’s mythology with terrifying revelations. Collects Saga Of The Swamp Thing #20-34 and Swamp Thing Annual #2.

https://www.vertigocomics.com/graphi...an-moore-vol-1
    So how likely is it that an Omnibus (or 2) of this would be coming in the next year or two?

Do most people get rid of their floppy issues? The Wonder Woman book is a must buy for me and this one was really good. So happy to see Seven Soldiers do well. I really think that book is Multiversity and Final Crisis all in one. When those issues came out one by one. Every issue felt like the debut of yet another super star artist. Multiversity is classic. Seven Soldiers for me reads like Multiversity stretched over 20 something issues.

Is anyone else collecting the post-COIE Batman trades that are being released? So far I've got Second Chances and Dark Knight Detective vol.1. Next I'll grab Caped Crusader v1 and DKD v2.

My question is: I'm seeing a Legends of the Dark Knight by Norm Breyfogle v2 coming out in a few months. Since the issues in that aren't too far past what these new trades include, should I pick that up or wait for the next volumes of CC and DKD to cover that same material? Who knows what their plans are for this material, since it's strange they'd cover this era in different types of collections. Wish they'd just omni it all (not to mention all the gaps in those trades I'm having to fill).

I really do not know why they go back and fourth between soft and hard cover when it comes to these Batman focused books.
    I look forward to getting the Breyfogle hard cover. I really injoyed those stories when I originally read them and from reading
    other collected material from that era, I am sure they will hold up today.
    Now .... (if D C is listening) my Greg Rucka Detective Comics Omnibus please

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Is anyone else collecting the post-COIE Batman trades that are being released? So far I've got Second Chances and Dark Knight Detective vol.1. Next I'll grab Caped Crusader v1 and DKD v2.

My question is: I'm seeing a Legends of the Dark Knight by Norm Breyfogle v2 coming out in a few months. Since the issues in that aren't too far past what these new trades include, should I pick that up or wait for the next volumes of CC and DKD to cover that same material? Who knows what their plans are for this material, since it's strange they'd cover this era in different types of collections. Wish they'd just omni it all (not to mention all the gaps in those trades I'm having to fill).
    Currently there is a volume 2 solicited for both CC & DKD, theres no end game mentioned although i'm hoping they will get all the way up to the Knightfall saga. The thing about the Breyfogle collection is that they will likely (going by the previous other creator focused hardcovers) skip any issues not done by hime (so far example while Breyfogle drew part 2 of the "Penguin Affair" story its unlikely they will collect parts 1 & 3 except the covers which he did).

I agree that an omni would be good, however DC have mentioned that they plan to collect all the golden, silver & bronze ages in omnibuses first before they start on post-crisis/modern Batman

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I really do not know why they go back and fourth between soft and hard cover when it comes to these Batman focused books.
    I look forward to getting the Breyfogle hard cover. I really injoyed those stories when I originally read them and from reading
    other collected material from that era, I am sure they will hold up today.
    Now .... (if D C is listening) my Greg Rucka Detective Comics Omnibus please
    I love Breyfogle (one of my all time favourite Batman artists) and bought Breyfogle volume 1 to support him after his stroke, I may buy vol 2 but it will depend on how complete it is (e.g. the Penguin Affair example I noted above) vs the CC & DKD collections (although with DC there's always a chance that they also wont be complete either!)

A Batman by Greg Rucka (and a Batman by Paul Dini!) collection would be great!

I stopped following single issues over a year ago
    Past year I have gotten a good deal of trades in hard and soft covers and
    I really have been enjoying them and am 100% happy that I stopped single issue reading
    BUT..................
    I have to express how much the time lap between when a story ends and when it
    gets released in collected form by D C really ............. really (channeling my Sullivan) sucks.
    D C made big to do about Bendis and his Superman and now we are already into a few issues
    of his on going Action and Superman and his mini series has not come out yet and once
    the first arc in Action and Superman end, it will be a few months are more into 2019 before
    they see hard cover collected form.