View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 387 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2873373773833843853863873883893903913974374878871387 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,805 of 21674

How does the paper & print quality of the DC Deluxe Editions different from the Absolutes?

I have some Absolutes, but I don't actually have any Deluxe Editions.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcok68 View Post
    How does the paper & print quality of the DC Deluxe Editions different from the Absolutes?

I have some Absolutes, but I don't actually have any Deluxe Editions.
    Well, the paper stock is thinner, but not horrible. The book is smaller and, if we're talking DC, the binding is horrible. The New Frontier has one of the tightest bindings I've seen in a long time. Actually, it's the usual DC Deluxe binding, which is decent for a 320 pages book, but ends up being subpar if the book is 500+ pages (like the New Frontier Deluxe).

Green Arrow by Lemire, Flash by Manapul and Swamp Thing by Snyder are going to be some serious mousetraps if they don't improve the binding of deluxe editions. I'm mostly concerned for Swamp Thing, which had a lot of amazing double-page spreads by Paquette and Rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Green Arrow by Lemire, Flash by Manapul and Swamp Thing by Snyder are going to be some serious mousetraps if they don't improve the binding of deluxe editions. I'm mostly concerned for Swamp Thing, which had a lot of amazing double-page spreads by Paquette and Rudy.
    Has it been announced/solicited on whether the Animal Man cross-over issues will be in the ST Deluxe?

Well, the paper stock is thinner, but not horrible. The book is smaller and, if we're talking DC, the binding is horrible. The New Frontier has one of the tightest bindings I've seen in a long time. Actually, it's the usual DC Deluxe binding, which is decent for a 320 pages book, but ends up being subpar if the book is 500+ pages (like the New Frontier Deluxe).

That's a real shame.

The quality of the binding in two of my Absolutes (V For Vendetta & Sandman V2) have come away from the spine. Looks very ugly.

That's a real shame.

The quality of the binding in two of my Absolutes (V For Vendetta & Sandman V2) have come away from the spine. Looks very ugly.
    That's bad news, have just decided to start buying absolutes, I thought they were supposed to be top quality in all departments

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Has it been announced/solicited on whether the Animal Man cross-over issues will be in the ST Deluxe?
    They'll be in there.

That's a real shame.

From experience, those things a lot of times just happen randomly. My Absolute V is in perfect conditions. Then again, don't worry about a DC Comics deluxe edition's binding coming apart. They are so tight and rigid that'll never happen.

How many issues did Hellblazer run for? And in the very unlikely event we ever get so HC action, how many deluxes/omnis would that be?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    How many issues did Hellblazer run for? And in the very unlikely event we ever get so HC action, how many deluxes/omnis would that be?
    It ran for 300 issues not including spin-offs and specials. So that would be a lot of books.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member

I've been saying since these books were first fished up, the fact their labeled as Deluxe rather than omnibus has me very concerned. DC have got their omnibus binding to a good place at the minute but their Deluxe binding is very poor and I worry that they are going to cheap out on the binding as these arn't pitched as omnibus edition.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I've been saying since these books were first fished up, the fact their labeled as Deluxe rather than omnibus has me very concerned. DC have got their omnibus binding to a good place at the minute but their Deluxe binding is very poor and I worry that they are going to cheap out on the binding as these arn't pitched as omnibus edition.
    Yeah, I think I'm going to cancel this off my preorder list and let somebody be the Guinea pig and post a report before I buy, as I may start doing with most books now, as even quick sellers tend to stay in stock somewhere for a few months.

The New Frontier has one of the tightest bindings I've seen in a long time. Actually, it's the usual DC Deluxe binding, which is decent for a 320 pages book, but ends up being subpar if the book is 500+ pages (like the New Frontier Deluxe).
    I'm not a binding snob like some people (and I don't mean that in a bad way), but I didn't have an issue with the New Frontier Deluxe binding (or the paper quality). I thought it was fine.

Incredible Member

^ Yeah, I read NF deluxe last week and had no problem with either the binding (which is usually sucky in most DC deluxes) or the paper.

Spectacular Member

DC have definitely gotten better with their Deluxe binding, at least for their Vertigo books. The newest Fables volumes have been much better than the older ones, IMO.

Honestly, the easiest way to see if these volumes will be tight is to just ask someone who has a Dial H deluxe, see what that's like. That ran for 15 issues + 0 + Villains, and #15 was oversized. Pretty much equal to 18 issues, so not that far off what's coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    That's bad news, have just decided to start buying absolutes, I thought they were supposed to be top quality in all departments

That's a real shame.

Mine are fine. Maybe you got a bad book (or I got a good one).

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    It ran for 300 issues not including spin-offs and specials. So that would be a lot of books.
    The great thing about HB is that you could almost put out omnibus editions by the author with the exception of a few short runs (Ellis, Aaron, etc) that you could put into it's own book.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Excellent. Thanks.