View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

SUPERMAN BY PETER J. TOMASI & PATRICK GLEASON OMNIBUS
    written by PETER J. TOMASI and PATRICK GLEASON art by PATRICK GLEASON, DOUG MAHNKE, JORGE JIMENEZ, SCOTT GODLEWSKI, IVAN REIS, SEBASTIAN FIUMARA, CLAY MANN, BARRY KITSON, and othersnew cover by PATRICK GLEASONON SALE 5/25/21$125.00 US | $163.00 CAN | 1,128 PAGES | FC7.0625" x 10.875" | HARDCOVERISBN: 978-1-77950-925-3
    From the New York Times bestselling team of Peter J. Tomasi and Patrick Gleason, the Superman stories from the DC Rebirth era are collected in a new hardcover omnibus! This fan-favorite and critically acclaimed Superman era honors the legacy of the iconic Man of Steel, all while innovating the adventures of Superman and his villains—and giving a prominent role to Jonathan Kent, the son of Superman and new Superboy! Packed with action, adventure, and heartfelt moments, this collection features the story lines “Son of Superman,” “Bizarroverse,” “Super Sons of Tomorrow,” “Never-Ending Battle,” and much more! Collects Superman: Rebirth #1, Superman #1-25, #27-28, #33-39, and #42-45, Teen Titans #15, Super Sons #11-12, Action Comics #975-976, Superman Annual #1, Superman Special #1, and a story from Action Comics #1000. Features a new cover by Patrick Gleason!

All-New Member

I was really looking forward to DC THROUGH THE 80s: The end of eras. When Tuesday rolled around, it disappeared off Instocktrades website, and showed as not being released until next week at Cheap Graphic Novels. On Amazon, it was listed in stock, so I took a chance and ordered it. Got it in one day, and not even damaged.
    This book has a lot of great material, including lots of issues that have never been reprinted in trades before.

Can someone suss out the proper reading order of the following omnis - I know there's some overlap, but just in general, what order should I read these in?

- Infinite Crisis
    - JSA vol. 1&2
    - Green Lantern by Johns vol. 1-3
    - The 52 omnibus
    - Aquaman by Johns
    - Seven Soldiers
    - Final Crsis
    - Brightest Day
    - Darkseid War
    - Rebirth

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Can someone suss out the proper reading order of the following omnis - I know there's some overlap, but just in general, what order should I read these in?

- Infinite Crisis
    - JSA vol. 1&2
    - The 52 omnibus
    - Aquaman by Johns
    - Seven Soldiers
    - Final Crsis
    - Brightest Day
    - Darkseid War
    - Rebirth
    JSA vol 1&2 (IIRC vol3 comes after Infinite Crisis and the first two can be read separately from anything. It ties back more to Zero Hour but I've never read that event and I thought Johns did a good job catching the reader up on it)
    Infinite Crisis
    Seven Soldiers
    Final Crisis (Final Crisis ended up not really changing much on the long run, compared to Infinite Crisis, so you can just read that as its own, weird little experiment along with Seven Soldiers, which is a standalone story, but some parts, arguably the weakest parts, are a prelude to FC).
    Green Lantern
    but!
    After Blackest night (which is like vol2, I dunno, I don't own the omnibuses I've just read it as it was coming out) comes
    Brightest day
    Aquaman (it's standalone tho)
    Darkseid War
    Rebirth

Also Blackest night started as a Green Lantern event and then they changed it to a company wide one. But most of the spin offs are unnecessary, except for a couple but what you really need to read alongside GL is GL corpse.
    But when Blackest night ends in one of the GL omnibuses you should switch to the Brightest day one (if you want to, or read it after, I can't really remember if it affects the main GL title after that). You will know when to switch to a different book cause it literally says at the end of Blackest night "BRIGHTEST DAY".

If you don't want to go through EVERYTHING in order you can read:
    Justice Society vol 1&2 as it's own thing.

Infinite crisis and then 52 (cause that deals with the aftermath of IC)
    Green Lanter and Brightest day (haha, just remembered that GL vol3 ends in the NEw52 but it still continues the same story as before....gods damned superhero comics, I really kinda hate them )

7Soldiers and Final Crisis (but it's Morrison being Morrison so I'd say tread with caution depending on your personal taste).

Aquaman
    Darkseid War
    Rebirth (cause these 3 all take place after the New52 reboot so you don't need prior knowledge)

Hope this helps

Incredible Member

Overview video by Omar of Near Mint of the new Nightwing: Prince of Gotham omnibus

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomHudson View Post
    I was really looking forward to DC THROUGH THE 80s: The end of eras. When Tuesday rolled around, it disappeared off Instocktrades website, and showed as not being released until next week at Cheap Graphic Novels. On Amazon, it was listed in stock, so I took a chance and ordered it. Got it in one day, and not even damaged.
    This book has a lot of great material, including lots of issues that have never been reprinted in trades before.
    And - sadly - lots of gutter loss

https://scontent-dus1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...4b&oe=6003CE58

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post

- Infinite Crisis
    - JSA vol. 1&2
    - The 52 omnibus
    - Aquaman by Johns
    - Seven Soldiers
    - Final Crsis
    - Brightest Day
    - Darkseid War
    - Rebirth
    I just finished Final Crisis omni, here's what I read (all omnis):

Identity Crisis
    Infinite Crisis
    Seven Soldiers
    Batman by Dini (through Detective #851)
    Batman by Morrison vol. 1 (through Batman #681)
    Green Lantern by Johns vol. 1
    Green Lantern by Johns vol. 2 (through GL #35)
    Final Crisis

Obviously all those aren't necessary but I'd definitely recommend reading the Batman by Morrison in there. If anything, just to help with the continuity of Batman after Final Crisis.

Got help from kind people here on order but also from this site:
    https://comicbookreadingorders.com/dc/event-timeline/

You can click on "DC Master Reading Order" there also and it gives you the specific issue numbers. Thank you to whoever put that together!

Anyway, now I plan to continue the omnis I have and picking up the GL by Johns vol. 3 and then Flashpoint when it's released. Considering picking up a few of the JSA omnis and whatever else to help fill in this era for when I re-read it in the future.

Incredible Member

Overview video of the Batman: Rise & Fall of the Batmen omnibus

Incredible Member

Was Batman: The Rise and Fall of the Batmen Omnibus delayed? Or just a near instant sell out today? It's so hard to tell anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Was Batman: The Rise and Fall of the Batmen Omnibus delayed? Or just a near instant sell out today? It's so hard to tell anymore.
    Pushed out to next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Pushed out to next week.
    Can't seem to find a listing for it at IST.

Incredible Member

Another overview video of the Batman: Rise of the Batmen omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    SUPERMAN BY PETER J. TOMASI & PATRICK GLEASON OMNIBUS
    written by PETER J. TOMASI and PATRICK GLEASON art by PATRICK GLEASON, DOUG MAHNKE, JORGE JIMENEZ, SCOTT GODLEWSKI, IVAN REIS, SEBASTIAN FIUMARA, CLAY MANN, BARRY KITSON, and othersnew cover by PATRICK GLEASONON SALE 5/25/21$125.00 US | $163.00 CAN | 1,128 PAGES | FC7.0625" x 10.875" | HARDCOVERISBN: 978-1-77950-925-3
    From the New York Times bestselling team of Peter J. Tomasi and Patrick Gleason, the Superman stories from the DC Rebirth era are collected in a new hardcover omnibus! This fan-favorite and critically acclaimed Superman era honors the legacy of the iconic Man of Steel, all while innovating the adventures of Superman and his villains—and giving a prominent role to Jonathan Kent, the son of Superman and new Superboy! Packed with action, adventure, and heartfelt moments, this collection features the story lines “Son of Superman,” “Bizarroverse,” “Super Sons of Tomorrow,” “Never-Ending Battle,” and much more! Collects Superman: Rebirth #1, Superman #1-25, #27-28, #33-39, and #42-45, Teen Titans #15, Super Sons #11-12, Action Comics #975-976, Superman Annual #1, Superman Special #1, and a story from Action Comics #1000. Features a new cover by Patrick Gleason!
    What's with the missing issues? Are they not important for the story? They seem to be in the deluxe editions, so I'm doubting if I should wait for this or just go with the four deluxe editions

Fill-in creative teams. If I remember correctly, they were all rather forgettable.

I’ve got the JSA Omninuses on the way... I never realized until now that they didn’t finish the second series or do the JSA Classifieds. Does anyone know if they plan another omnibus to finish it off? I know the later stories aren’t nearly as good, but I’d love to see it complete.