View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 421 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3213714114174184194204214224234244254314715219211421 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,315 of 21672

Amazing pictures, Aleksivic, I don't get tired of saying it. Now, is it me or that binding looks tighter than the ones in recent books? It doesn't look like you regular "printed-in-Canada-75-dollar-DC-Omnibus".

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Amazing pictures, Aleksivic, I don't get tired of saying it. Now, is it me or that binding looks tighter than the ones in recent books? It doesn't look like you regular "printed-in-Canada-75-dollar-DC-Omnibus".
    No problem! Yes its a bit tighter but since the book isn't that big, I'd imagine no issues with the reading experience and there doesn't seem to be much gutter loss.

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post
    For anybody who is curious regarding the George Perez Wonder Woman
    Great pics Aleksivic, thanks! The book looks impressive, especially without the dust jacket!

How's the paper quality?

Wow! The cover of the WW book is incredible. I want to own it just for that. But I suppose I'm objectifying it by it's looks and Wonder Woman would not approve.

Incredible Member

Great looking book, thanks for the pics Aleksivic.

Interesting that the Wonder Woman Omnibus by Perez doesn't say volume 1, considering Perez was writer on the book until issue #62. I guess they only intend to collect the issues he only worked on as an artist/writer. The entire run is worthy of omnibus treatment, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Interesting that the Wonder Woman Omnibus by Perez doesn't say volume 1, considering Perez was writer on the book until issue #62. I guess they only intend to collect the issues he only worked on as an artist/writer. The entire run is worthy of omnibus treatment, however.
    That was not the only non numbering volume from DC this week.. They pulled the same stunt with Superman without any numbering on the spine/cover but there's a mention of Vol.6 in the credits.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Which stories got spoiled then? (I'm really asking, if something got spoiled I probably missed it in my quick read-through)
    I tried to be as spoiler-free as I could in my response but I found it hard to avoid spoilers while still answering the question. Apologies if I spouled something for you
    The fate of dogs in certain books. Nothing was spoiled for me as I've read all the books that were mentioned. But, there was a certain vertigo book that just came out in OHC (or is about to come out) that was discussed and I know some folks might not have read it. Maybe I'm being overly paranoid. And again, wasn't trying to sound like a jerk (although I probably came off that way).

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    If I own all the GL Absolutes, is it still worth purchasing the omnis?
    I would say so. The Absolutes capture some of the bigger stories, but there's a bunch of great runs in between. For example, I'm reading Volume 2 now (and I've read this series before) and I forgot how good the 7-8 issue "origin" arc is, even though it's essentially a retelling with new insight. Johns is just a really good writer.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    The fate of dogs in certain books. Nothing was spoiled for me as I've read all the books that were mentioned. But, there was a certain vertigo book that just came out in OHC (or is about to come out) that was discussed and I know some folks might not have read it. Maybe I'm being overly paranoid. And again, wasn't trying to sound like a jerk (although I probably came off that way).
    I generally make sure my posts are spoiler free and if not, I always wrap them around with SPOILER tags. With regards to that Vertigo OHC book, if it's the one I think you mean, I only mentioned it was pretty heavy, nothing more. But sorry if that was revealing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    See it. You'll know when the "bad" part is coming so you can fast forward. The rest of the movie is so good it's worth fast forwarding through that one part rather than not watch it at all.

Also, this might be helpful to people: https://www.doesthedogdie.com
    Thanks for the link

Oh, and Aleksivic, great pics as per usual.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post
    For anybody who is curious regarding the George Perez Wonder Woman
    The print on the book itself is amazing. I cancelled this before, but just reinstated my order (the price hasn't changed, whoop!).

There's a weird dichotomy between the jacket and the book designs. Like, one looks surprisingly dark, almost Swamp Thing-esque, and the other is quite an airy affair.

What's the actual content of the book like, with that in mind? Somewhere between the two? Azzarello's run was surprisingly... I don't want to say dark. It had some gore, some heavier elements and some really grand designs.

Anyway, excited to read this. Thanks for posting the pics.

Is the ww omni an ok jumping on point with knowing nothing about her?

I don't understand why vol.3 and vol.11 of the new Hellblazer edition, got a 25 dollars cover price instead of 20 like the other ones.
    They're not bigger or something like that.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    I don't understand why vol.3 and vol.11 of the new Hellblazer edition, got a 25 dollars cover price instead of 20 like the other ones.
    They're not bigger or something like that.
    A quick squint at the shelf and it looks 3 is the smallest volume and 11 is somewhere in the middle. Ennis doesn't appear until volume 5 and 11 is the second of the Jenkin's volumes.

Really bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Is the ww omni an ok jumping on point with knowing nothing about her?
    Yep, that WW omni is from just after Crisis On Infinite Earths and was a total reboot of Wonder Woman, so no previous reading is required.

Incredible Member

Does anyone think DC will ever make at least a TPB of Superman & Batman: Generations 3 by Byrne?