View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I never read Ex-Machina, but decided to buy it because of the creative team and IST was selling it for $72
    I do worry about the binding because of its 1440 page count.
    Not a big fan of a huge omnibus and is why I am reading Geoff Johns Teen Titans in trades and may end up
    getting Morrison's Doom Patrol in trade.

This is a monster of a book and at this point you can get the five OHCs for probably less than $72 combined. At least I was able to shortly after the omnibus was announced.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Contents of this weeks releases:

Superman Blue Vol 1
    Superman 122-125
    Action Comics 732-734
    Adventures of Superman 545-547
    Man of Steel 68-69
    Annual 9

New afterword by Dan Jurgens
    Ceritak design sketch
    Superman 123 variant cover
    I noticed the "first of four volumes" blurb on the back of this - glad to see DC commit to actually finishing a line of collections!
    I saw your comment on this and checked it out when I saw it on my LCS's shelf.
    This being the case I'm going to hold off on hoping for an eventual Omni. This was a daring direction for Superman that lasted a few years. Red Superman.
    I'm curious to revisit it one day but I'm now going to hedge my bets on an Omni.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I would love to pick up Volume 5 of the Golden Age Batman and Superman Omnibus books. Any chance they will go out of print anytime soon?
    One never knows. The higher the volumes get the assumption is the lower the print runs. I don't know fully what that assumption is based on but I guess loss of potential interest? Anyway if you want it and can budget for it I always say get it, sit on it if you have a backlog cause once it goes out of print it'll be that much more pricey to obtain.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I grabbed the Superman Brainiac TP reprint today, it's by GJ and the art is very nice.
    I almost got it, until I realized I already had all the issues in the Last Son of Krypton trade from a few years ago (which was only a few dollars more and twice as many pages).

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I saw your comment on this and checked it out when I saw it on my LCS's shelf.
    This being the case I'm going to hold off on hoping for an eventual Omni. This was a daring direction for Superman that lasted a few years. Red Superman.
    I'm curious to revisit it one day but I'm now going to hedge my bets on an Omni.

One never knows. The higher the volumes get the assumption is the lower the print runs. I don't know fully what that assumption is based on but I guess loss of potential interest? Anyway if you want it and can budget for it I always say get it, sit on it if you have a backlog cause once it goes out of print it'll be that much more pricey to obtain.
    Thanks Capt. I figured that was the case and I better get on it soon. Heavy month with the Legion books and Morrison Batman.

Not sure if this is common knowledge or not but Jim Lee has tweeted about a Batman Hush Omnibus coming out in March 2019.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Not sure if this is common knowledge or not but Jim Lee has tweeted about a Batman Hush Omnibus coming out in March 2019.
    Yep:

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Lee
    Hush Omnibus Trade cover. Out March 2019. Fantastic work by inkist @scottwilliamsinks and color artist @sinccolor #dccomics

Is there that much stuff to be collected that isn't in the Absolute already?

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm wondering how it would be different from the 15th Anniversary Deluxe that recently came out.
    Last edited by Graphic Autist; 07-13-2018 at 09:27 AM.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

I just ordered the 15th anniversary deluxe a couple hours ago aswell, hopefully we get some info on whats included soon.

Pretty much everything drawn by Jim Lee gets an omnibus collection, so I'm not surprised. As I recall, wasn't there somewhat of a Hush sequel written in another one of the Bat titles at the time? It wasn't by Loeb or Lee. That would be cool if they included it, but seriously doubt it.

Maybe it's the whole Hush storyline from before the new 52 so Hush, Hush returns, Payback, Heart of Hush, Hush Money and House of Hush.
    Last edited by Hush; 07-13-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Pretty much everything drawn by Jim Lee gets an omnibus collection, so I'm not surprised. As I recall, wasn't there somewhat of a Hush sequel written in another one of the Bat titles at the time? It wasn't by Loeb or Lee. That would be cool if they included it, but seriously doubt it.
    Hush's return in Gotham Knights was shockingly bad. It's one of a handful of stories that really should never ever be collected. The Dini stuff is credible, at least.

Looks like there are 21 issues of GK, 6 issues of 'Tec and 10 issues of Streets of Gotham that could plausible be collected.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Hush's return in Gotham Knights was shockingly bad. It's one of a handful of stories that really should never ever be collected. The Dini stuff is credible, at least.

Looks like there are 21 issues of GK, 6 issues of 'Tec and 10 issues of Streets of Gotham that could plausible be collected.
    I agree Hush returns was terrible especially the Joker "revelation" and I don't think people will be angry if DC just collect the original Hush storyline and the Dini stuff lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I agree Hush returns was terrible especially the Joker "revelation" and I don't think people will be angry if DC just collect the original Hush storyline and the Dini stuff lol.
    Wrong!! Lol, I'm just annoyed that yet another Hush version is being published. I always say this. DKR, Year One, Court of Owls, Batman by Loeb, and Hush (I think there was one or two more but I cant recall at the time.) I just wish DC gave a fraction of the love to other characters and stories before they publish yet another Batman story in a new format.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post

I don't really remember it. I do recall that DC was trying to make Bane somewhat of a good guy although the whole thing about him possibly being Bruce Wayne's step brother was kind of stupid. It was interesting seeing them work together though.

My guess is the Absolute will just be the Loeb and Lee stuff with some extras.