View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
632. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

    63 9.97%
  • Deluxe

    249 39.40%
  • Omnibus

    263 41.61%
  • Absolute

    140 22.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1385 of 1389 FirstFirst ... 385885128513351375138113821383138413851386138713881389 LastLast
Results 20,761 to 20,775 of 20829
  1. #20761
    Fantastic Member slop101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Did anyone buy/read the Flashpoint Omnibus?
    Thoughts?
    (mostly, how's the overall art?)
    It's enormity, and breadth are both a selling-point and a detriment for me, and not sure if I should buy it or not...

  2. #20762
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Did anyone buy/read the Flashpoint Omnibus?
    Thoughts?
    (mostly, how's the overall art?)
    It's enormity, and breadth are both a selling-point and a detriment for me, and not sure if I should buy it or not...
    Bought but not yet read. I've flipped through it and the art is broadly very good (ranging from awesome to 'standard event' quality). Anything you want to know specifically?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  3. #20763
    Fantastic Member slop101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Bought but not yet read. I've flipped through it and the art is broadly very good (ranging from awesome to 'standard event' quality). Anything you want to know specifically?
    Since it's a collection of different runs, I'd wanna know how they all read together in one volume, and if it makes much sense (also, if the order they have it in is good or not).

  4. #20764
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,389

    Default

    http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779515612

    Multiversity Absolute Edition finally got a listing (pretty sure BC mentioned this was coming a month or two ago). Really interesting part to me is that it's currently listed at 170 pages larger than previous editions (as always, that page count could be a placeholder)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  5. #20765
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    4,317

    Default

    Did Batman: No Man's Land Omni vol.1 get pushed back or I just wholly missed it?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  6. #20766
    Of the O'Sullivan Clan Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Did Batman: No Man's Land Omni vol.1 get pushed back or I just wholly missed it?
    It's one of the books that got rescheduled thanks for current supply chain issue and paper shortages. It's currently scheduled for 11th January.

    Here's a full list from earlier in the thread - https://community.cbr.com/showthread...13#post5765213.

  7. #20767
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    Do we have an update list of omnibus and absolutes coming out in 2022?

  8. #20768
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    4,317

    Default

    Thanks @Brian for the link!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  9. #20769
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Arkham, Mass (lol no)
    Posts
    7,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    If it were anyone but Batman I'd be pissed, but this will definitely see print eventually.
    I am most annoyed about Batman: The Dark Knight Detective Vol. 6's cancel (for later resolicit), but I just preordered Batman: The Dark Knight Detective Vol. 7 to remind DC how much I want these, and in fact NEED these (for planned comic binds).
    Thank you AMericA for votinG for chAnge in 2016.

  10. #20770
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    6,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I am most annoyed about Batman: The Dark Knight Detective Vol. 6's cancel (for later resolicit), but I just preordered Batman: The Dark Knight Detective Vol. 7 to remind DC how much I want these, and in fact NEED these (for planned comic binds).
    We're so close to closing the gap to the Knightfall collections, I'm going to remain optimistic (for once ) that DC won't fail us this time.

    But again, if we were talking literally any other franchise/character, my faith in DC would be next to nil.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  11. #20771
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Arkham, Mass (lol no)
    Posts
    7,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    We're so close to closing the gap to the Knightfall collections, I'm going to remain optimistic (for once ) that DC won't fail us this time.

    But again, if we were talking literally any other franchise/character, my faith in DC would be next to nil.
    I absolutely agree on both points. I'm optimistic, but boy, if this didn't concern Batman, I would feel infinitely less optimistic and far angrier.
    Thank you AMericA for votinG for chAnge in 2016.

  12. #20772
    Astonishing Member Clark_Kent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Smallville, KS
    Posts
    2,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I am most annoyed about Batman: The Dark Knight Detective Vol. 6's cancel (for later resolicit), but I just preordered Batman: The Dark Knight Detective Vol. 7 to remind DC how much I want these, and in fact NEED these (for planned comic binds).
    Who do you use for binding? Herring & Robinson were my go-to, but they're gone now...never tried Houchen before.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

    Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

  13. #20773
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Who do you use for binding? Herring & Robinson were my go-to, but they're gone now...never tried Houchen before.
    I have had 20+ books by Houchen they are excellent

  14. #20774
    Astonishing Member Clark_Kent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Smallville, KS
    Posts
    2,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I have had 20+ books by Houchen they are excellent
    Good to hear...I was thinking about giving them a shot in January, I just hate having to switch.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

    Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

  15. #20775
    Fantastic Member slop101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    436

    Default

    I have (and enjoyed) Batman by Snyder omni #1... how much do I want the upcoming 2nd volume - is it better, worse or the same as the first volume, is it essential, or skipable?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •