View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Amazing Member

I don't own a copy, but the omnibus' content listing does include JLA Secret Files #1. I'm just curious to know where they placed that lead story by Morrison and Porter, because going by overview video on the Near Mint Condition channel, they didn't place it before JLA #1, which is where it fits chronologically.
    Last edited by Starro; 11-19-2020 at 03:40 PM.

Spectacular Member

Just saw on amazon.de that the Phantom Stranger Omnibus has been moved from June 2021 to May 2022(!)

Uhg, the N52 JL pisses me off since they just came out with the deluxe ohc of 1-12.

How does this sync up with the Darkseid War omnibus?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Uhg, the N52 JL pisses me off since they just came out with the deluxe ohc of 1-12.

How does this sync up with the Darkseid War omnibus?
    Need one more omnibus inbetween which will probably be Forever Evil.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Need one more omnibus inbetween which will probably be Forever Evil.
    This seems right - JL 23-39, Forever Evil 1-7 - but seems a little spare. Is there anything else to toss in?

I guess a first big omni followed by a couple smaller ones is somewhat common for DC - Batman by Snyder & Capullo (if they ever solicit v2), for example, will not have an even split . . .
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

DC Comics, can you get on with printing up Denny Oneil's The Question Omnibus already? Its money in the bank. What are you waiting for? Just set aside one of the 1000 Batman books you have upcoming and get The Question to the printers.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    DC Comics, can you get on with printing up Denny Oneil's The Question Omnibus already? Its money in the bank. What are you waiting for? Just set aside one of the 1000 Batman books you have upcoming and get The Question to the printers.
    As long as it is not GA Batman vol.9, I really want to wrap that run. Pick another Batman Omni to set aside but yes I'll take a Denny Question Omni for $1000 Alec.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Pick another Batman Omni to set aside ...
    As long as it is not Bronze Age Batman Brave And The Bold Vol. 3, I really want to wrap that run - and I've already waited long enough ...

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    This seems right - JL 23-39, Forever Evil 1-7 - but seems a little spare. Is there anything else to toss in?

I guess a first big omni followed by a couple smaller ones is somewhat common for DC - Batman by Snyder & Capullo (if they ever solicit v2), for example, will not have an even split . . .
    I think Forever Evil had a number of tie in series I suppose could be included? I'm not sure how relevant they are

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    I completely empathize, I would buy an O'Neil The Question omni in a heartbeat... but DC will re-reprint Batman's worst stories before they reprint this. Because $$$$...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I completely empathize, I would buy an O'Neil The Question omni in a heartbeat... but DC will re-reprint Batman's worst stories before they reprint this. Because $$$$...
    Counterpoint: They've never collected the post-NML Hama run on Batman

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Counterpoint: They've never collected the post-NML Hama run on Batman
    Oh? I dropped the monthly Bat-books after NML for a couple of years, so don't think I've read much (if any) of Hama's work. Was it bad, or do you think there are some politics involved?

Either way I still see DC milking the Bat-teat dry before dipping into more obscure material.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Oh? I dropped the monthly Bat-books after NML for a couple of years, so don't think I've read much (if any) of Hama's work. Was it bad, or do you think there are some politics involved?

Either way I still see DC milking the Bat-teat dry before dipping into more obscure material.
    I don't think it was the worst thing ever (c.f. Bruce Jones on Nightwing), but it's obviously overshadowed by Rucka on 'Tec and Brubaker coming onto Batman right after. It's more "forgotten" than bad, I suppose, but it's basically the only run of the main Batman title uncollected since just after COIE (or will be when Caped Crusader v6 is released). McDaniel on art was definitely a miss (I liked him on Nightwing), but I imagine it's not been collected more because it's inessential and not sought after than any other reason.

And yes, DC will keep milking Batman, but I am also confused about why they don't do it even more. Where is the second Snyder/Capullo omnibus? It's been over a year since the last one. Why were the Morrison omnis so spaced out? Keep releasing Batman content to pay for other stuff!!!

All-New Member

It's odd that they are doing te Justice League New 52 Omnibus so soon after the Origin Deluxe, not that in complaining. I'm just unsure now whether to go ahead and get the Meltzer deluxe. Do you think they would omnibus the entire run of issues starting after Infinite Crisis or is it more likely to start with a Dwayne McDuffie omni followed by a James Robinson one which would take it right up to New 52?

Incredible Member

Omar from Near Mint video covering solicits from May to Aug 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cGZ...ture=emb_title

Busy few months for me!

New Teen Titans Omnibus 6
    Batman Dark Knight Detective 5
    Flash/Impulse Runs in the Family
    Flash: The Death of Iris West
    Batman: The Adventure Continues
    Batman Golden Age Omnibus 9
    Flash by Mark Waid vol 8 (Omar also points out the missing issue 163!)
    Fourth World by John Byrne Omnibus