View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Materiel View Post
    The book is still sturdy, still has the nice wrap around image under the jacket like the others. The paper is certainly down to preference. It was printed by the same company as the previous volume: Transcontinental Interglobe out of Canada.
    So, same quality as Vol. 3?

Quote Originally Posted by DantonR View Post
    So, same quality as Vol. 3?
    Yes, same quality.

Incredible Member

While I do not totally dislike the Batman vol 4 deluxe paper in general, it is definitely a downgrade in quality. I was a little disappointed. More modern art is not really serviced by the dull matte paper.

Anyone get the loeb & sale Batman omnibus? Considering getting rid of my Absolutes and replacing them with this, is the build quality ok, or is it a heavy book to try and read?

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Anyone get the loeb & sale Batman omnibus? Considering getting rid of my Absolutes and replacing them with this, is the build quality ok, or is it a heavy book to try and read?
    It’s quite fat. It has the same build as DC’s Golden/Silver/Bronze Omni’s. Lots of popping noises when I’d open mine up.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    It’s quite fat. It has the same build as DC’s Golden/Silver/Bronze Omni’s. Lots of popping noises when I’d open mine up.
    Yeah I'm the same I'm in my Silver age and my bones also pop when they are opened.
    Hail Hydra!

Extraordinary Member

Does anyone know if the Infinite Crisis omni includes the credits (as they appear in the story pages)?

DC is inconsistent about this. I was happy to find that the Final Crisis omni includes the credits though the lack of a table of contents is appalling; with no ToC and the titles eliminated from the covers it’s impossible to know what you’re even reading.

Whats the best condition for the Loeb/Sale DC books?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Whats the best condition for the Loeb/Sale DC books?
    By the sounds of it, the Absolutes, you can pick them up fairly cheap, apart from Dark Victory which seems to be going for above cover price

I checked and...no thanks. I don't really need all that for my comic experience.

Thanks tho.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Yeah I've been wanting to read The Long Halloween so I'll eventually pick up the Loeb/Sale omni too. Looks massive but I don't mind the big omnis.

So is the Absolute Black Mirror already OOP? It is not longer available on IST.

Spectacular Member

Looks like Amazon will have the Aquaman Geoff Johns omnibus and Batman by Loeb and Sale omnibus as lightning deals tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Does anyone know if the Infinite Crisis omni includes the credits (as they appear in the story pages)?

DC is inconsistent about this. I was happy to find that the Final Crisis omni includes the credits though the lack of a table of contents is appalling; with no ToC and the titles eliminated from the covers it’s impossible to know what you’re even reading.
    I have the first edition (from 2012) and the credits aren't on the story pages, as they would have appeared in the original issue. But they are on a title page before the start of each issue. The title page didn't include the issue numbers, but did include the title and part of the story arc. For example, the Sacrifice crossover had a page saying Sacrifice, Part 1/2/3/4, followed by a list of the creators. So it's easy enough to know where you are. I'm assuming last year's re-release followed a similar pattern.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I have the first edition (from 2012) and the credits aren't on the story pages, as they would have appeared in the original issue. But they are on a title page before the start of each issue. The title page didn't include the issue numbers, but did include the title and part of the story arc. For example, the Sacrifice crossover had a page saying Sacrifice, Part 1/2/3/4, followed by a list of the creators. So it's easy enough to know where you are. I'm assuming last year's re-release followed a similar pattern.
    Yeah, the new addition is the same as that.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm