View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rorschacharg View Post
    BATMAN BY PAUL DINI OMNIBUS HC out of stock already...these omnibuses are getting popular...i was able to grab one before it run out.
    Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Damn, the Dini omni sold out in one day!

I snoozed, I losed - just one day!
    Its still in stock on Amazon.com if that helps

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rorschacharg View Post
    BATMAN BY PAUL DINI OMNIBUS HC out of stock already...these omnibuses are getting popular...i was able to grab one before it run out.
    Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Damn, the Dini omni sold out in one day!

I snoozed, I losed - just one day!
    DC must really be cutting back on print runs these days. Even on guaranteed best-sellers like Batman!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    DC must really be cutting back on print runs these days. Even on guaranteed best-sellers like Batman!
    I feel like it's more shipments because of Covid rather than fewer printings.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I think it's because of the new distributers.

Incredible Member

It also went OOS on Amazon DE. I had forgotten that it was coming out on the 22nd and when I checked on the 24th in the morning, it was gone. They now give a possible delivery somewhere in the middle of October.

But given that this is a Batman omnibus I'm pretty sure it will be back in stock.

It doesn't take a genius to realize that Batman is their #1 character, and anything Bats sells. Maybe they should print 2x more Batman omnis then let's say LOSH or something else? Just a thought <smirk>
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    SUPERMAN BY GRANT MORRISON OMNIBUS
    written by GRANT MORRISON and SHOLLY FISCH
    Collects Action Comics #0-18 and Action Comics Annual #1
    Since no All-Star Superman, I am not getting this. Simple as that. There is room and they should just throw it in.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Since no All-Star Superman, I am not getting this. Simple as that. There is room and they should just throw it in.
    It does not help that after a strong start Morrison got a bit lost in the ongoing Superman title. I don't blame him as he was writing on the fly when they begged him to stay longer. Not a run that needs an Omnibus in my opinion.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    It does not help that after a strong start Morrison got a bit lost in the ongoing Superman title. I don't blame him as he was writing on the fly when they begged him to stay longer. Not a run that needs an Omnibus in my opinion.
    I agree it doesn't need an Omni (though I can't blame DC for making it one), and I'm a huge Morrison fanboy. Just a weaker work of his, and you're right, it feels like he was writing too much on the fly.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I’m getting it, the Rags Morales art blew me away this most recent re-read. (The dialogue felt clunky?)
    I also think that all the Sholly Fisch backups are gems.

Incredible Member

I finally got my copy of the Flash: Savage Velocity today! After ordering it over a year ago and with the book being pushed back on the schedule several times I thought it might not ever come out but I am glad that we finally have the entire Mike Baron run collected and the start of the WML run as well

Now lets just hope DC collect the issues between Savage Velocity & Flash by Mark Waid vol 1 (issues 19-61 & Annuals 2-3)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    I finally got my copy of the Flash: Savage Velocity today! After ordering it over a year ago and with the book being pushed back on the schedule several times I thought it might not ever come out but I am glad that we finally have the entire Mike Baron run collected and the start of the WML run as well

Now lets just hope DC collect the issues between Savage Velocity & Flash by Mark Waid vol 1 (issues 19-61 & Annuals 2-3)
    Totally agree with this. I’m holding off on reading the whole thing until the issues you mentioned are collected. Then I will do a flash marathon and read all of Baron, WML, and Waid.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I hear what you're saying. I like a "complete" Omnibus also BUT in this case, I think All Star Superman is better as a separate entity. I have it as an Absolute and it really suits that format. I haven't heard great things about the Morrison Superman run but I pre-ordered the Omnibus, being a Superman fan.

You never know, DC may at some point release an expanded Superman Morrison Omnibus and include All Star Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Totally agree with this. I’m holding off on reading the whole thing until the issues you mentioned are collected. Then I will do a flash marathon and read all of Baron, WML, and Waid.
    I did this about two years ago, but I also included the Johns run and then Waid’s return (so all of volume two). It was a lot of fun seeing Wally grow like he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I hear what you're saying. I like a "complete" Omnibus also BUT in this case, I think All Star Superman is better as a separate entity. I have it as an Absolute and it really suits that format. I haven't heard great things about the Morrison Superman run but I pre-ordered the Omnibus, being a Superman fan.

You never know, DC may at some point release an expanded Superman Morrison Omnibus and include All Star Superman.
    I agree here, All Star has very little to do with the AC run.

I have the trades, but I'll probably pick it up. I haven't read it since it came out - so it'll be interesting to revist it. I was lukewarm upon its release, so we'll see how I've changed