View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
597. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

    58 9.72%
  • Deluxe

    239 40.03%
  • Omnibus

    243 40.70%
  • Absolute

    135 22.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1281 of 1290 FirstFirst ... 281781118112311271127712781279128012811282128312841285 ... LastLast
Results 19,201 to 19,215 of 19336
  1. #19201
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Just placed my order for Robin Bronze Age omnibus and the
    Worlds Finest HC from IST
    I also ordered the Robin Bronze Age Omni, and am also interested in the World's Finest HC. Anyone know if it's oversized? I'll buy it if it is. I'm a sucker for 1970s and 1980s comics.

  2. #19202
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Iíve recently ordered the Wonder Woman by Gail Simone omni, Batman: Creature of the Night, Batman: Kings of Fear, JLA: The Nail Complete Deluxe Edition, Dark Nights: MetalóDark Knights Rising and Dark Nights: MetalóThe Resistance. Just picked up Weird Western Tales: Jonah Hex, The Flash by Mark Waid Book 7 and Absolute Daytripper today. Last but not least all 6 HC Starman omnis for a steal on eBay. A lot to look forward to.

  3. #19203
    Out Fighting for Peace! AJpyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,994

    Default

    Oh man, Tom KIng Omega Man is in deluxe hardcover. Good Get??
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

    -God I am so tired.

    SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

  4. #19204
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Oh man, Tom KIng Omega Man is in deluxe hardcover. Good Get??
    Depends, I saw it a while ago and it was around 50 bucks which is just ridiculous. Series is great but not worth that much even in deluxe hc. So unless that price has dropped I’d look for a deal on it

  5. #19205
    Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    140

    Default

    What's the difference between the releases of the Swamp Thing Absolute Vol. 2? We got 6/24 and 10/21: https://previewsworld.com/Search?mod...ate=2021-01-31

  6. #19206
    Of the O'Sullivan Clan Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    What's the difference between the releases of the Swamp Thing Absolute Vol. 2? We got 6/24 and 10/21: https://previewsworld.com/Search?mod...ate=2021-01-31
    The June book was cancelled and resolicited. That's why the later book has (RES) in the name. If you click on book with the June release date, it brings you to the October book, so it's just a glitch on Diamond's site.

  7. #19207
    Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    The June book was cancelled and resolicited. That's why the later book has (RES) in the name. If you click on book with the June release date, it brings you to the October book, so it's just a glitch on Diamond's site.
    Ah. That makes sense. Thanks!

  8. #19208
    Mighty Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    WGBS
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Anybody started their re-read of the Jonah Hex Omnibus? I have the Showcase Presents and I am wondering if I should get the Omni.

  9. #19209
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Anybody started their re-read of the Jonah Hex Omnibus? I have the Showcase Presents and I am wondering if I should get the Omni.
    No longer an omni. The resolicit is a 528 pg HC. I just bought this as a blind buy. Hope Iíll like it.

  10. #19210
    Mighty Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    WGBS
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    No longer an omni. The resolicit is a 528 pg HC. I just bought this as a blind buy. Hope I’ll like it.
    I need to re-read the black and white copies I have, the art looks great just at a glance. i like one shot storytelling and westerns so I have fond memories of the books. There was more connected issues and runs then I remembered. I think if you like The Spirit, EC Comics, even 100 bullets, you can enjoy Jonah Hex. They are definitely based on the old Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Westerns. The character is not p.c so to speak, it's definitely a relic from another time. I would like to see a Sgt. Rock hardcover come out as well. Too much stuff every month!
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 05-21-2020 at 05:23 PM.

  11. #19211
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I also ordered the Robin Bronze Age Omni, and am also interested in the World's Finest HC. Anyone know if it's oversized? I'll buy it if it is. I'm a sucker for 1970s and 1980s comics.
    Do you know if the Robin Bronze Age Omnibus consists of the original Neal Adams art rather the newer redone versions?

  12. #19212
    Spectacular Member Seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    AR, USA
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus0229 View Post
    Do you know if the Robin Bronze Age Omnibus consists of the original Neal Adams art rather the newer redone versions?
    I'm waiting on my copy from IST and never considered it might be redone versions. I'm not a fan of the revisionism and hope this is not the case.

  13. #19213
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,432

    Default

    Did the Batman/Superman Omni vol.1 sell out in super fast order(IST) as has been the case the past few weeks.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  14. #19214
    Mighty Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    WGBS
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Anybody read the Nancy Collins Swamp Thing Run? The reviews on Amazon say it picks up where Moore left off.

  15. #19215
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Anybody read the Nancy Collins Swamp Thing Run? The reviews on Amazon say it picks up where Moore left off.
    I have not read it, but there were definitely issues between the end of Moore's run and the start of Collins's run. Two, in fact: Rick Veitch and Doug Wheeler.

    That said, it's possible that you could jump from Moore's to Collins's run without any issue. I wish I could tell you more!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •