View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Dark View Post
    Make note that the vol 3 is the TPB, not an Omnibus with a dustjacket.
    Also a good point! And it’s certainly not the cover for that TPB, just a placeholder image.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Has Didio's leaving caused the return to "normal" Omnibus releases..
    Probably not. His departure is still too fresh to have had an impact on the planning on these collections. The restoration and other work regarding the books must have already been started before Didio was fired.

Opinions on the Nightwing omnibus? I don't remember hearing much fuss about it until King/Seeley took over/relaunched as Grayson

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Opinions on the Nightwing omnibus? I don't remember hearing much fuss about it until King/Seeley took over/relaunched as Grayson
    For me, it was decent but not amazing. Once again, we're back to Haley's Circus and Dick's past. It was well done, but not something I was looking for. However, if you're looking for some fun and competent Nightwing stories without anyone called Ric, this should hit the spot. Ir does tie in with the Talon/ Court of Owls stuff from Snyder's run, so it's helpful to know what was going on there
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Looks like they'll definitely be using the new dust jacket style for Batman 9.

Edit: Wait, it says Vol. 7 on the cover, so I guess there's still hope.
    Last edited by ShooCat; 03-08-2020 at 02:48 PM.

Fantastic Member

DC omnibi for August were already solicited, so the ones that were supposed to be released month earlier like Batman: Golden Age vol. 8 (and Morrison's JLA) but weren't solicited so far likely won't show up at those dates, and therefore another Batman: Golden Age volume before the end of the year is even less likely.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    DC omnibi for August were already solicited, so the ones that were supposed to be released month earlier like Batman: Golden Age vol. 8 (and Morrison's JLA) but weren't solicited so far likely won't show up at those dates, and therefore another Batman: Golden Age volume before the end of the year is even less likely.
    Will volume 9 end the Golden age and will there be an Silver age run? I'm really enjoying reading and of course having these volumes as they are a true treasure and may never see print again.
    Hail Hydra!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    I mean, they tried the original Books of Magic run in thick trade and published exactly one volume. I'd love to see the whole run in Omni, but I'm very curious why they think Omnis would sell when they couldn't even get volume two of the thick trades out.

It also makes me wonder if they will try again with Sandman Mystery Theatre in Omnis.
    My thoughts exactly. Personally I'd have rather had the full Book of Magic as a series of thick trades, but I'll take what I can get. Sandman Mystery Theatre, on the other hand, should have always been a 2 omni set.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Will volume 9 end the Golden age and will there be an Silver age run? I'm really enjoying reading and of course having these volumes as they are a true treasure and may never see print again.
    The way that synopsis was written I’d wager there will be at least one more after 9. It didn’t mention anything about it being the final golden age Omni.

Spectacular Member

Has the House of Mystery Bronze Age Omnibus Vol 2 been delayed or cancelled? It was supposed to be available as of 2 pm CT on IST today but I’m not seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Has the House of Mystery Bronze Age Omnibus Vol 2 been delayed or cancelled? It was supposed to be available as of 2 pm CT on IST today but I’m not seeing it.
    Out June 17th according to the listing on Diamond's site.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Out June 17th according to the listing on Diamond's site.
    Thanks appreciate it

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Glad for the content but again....these dust jacket redesigns....this is not inspiring or exciting by having a visual medium be full of visual discrepancy.
    Swamp Thing Bronze Age vol. 1
    Attachment 94159
    Swamp Thing Bronze Age vol. 2
    Attachment 94160
    Swamp Thing Bronze Age vol. 3
    Attachment 94161
    It seems that the spines, in case of the TPB line, will be intact.
    Swamp Thing TPB Volume 2 has already a new version of the cover, however DC kept the same spine design.
    It should apply in the case of the vol. 3

Here are the pictures:

ST 2.jpg
    ST 2 s.jpg

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...368-s3200.html