View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 975 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 47587592596597197297397497597697797897998510251075 ... LastLast
Results 14,611 to 14,625 of 21672
    Fantastic Member

The big TPBs:

AQUAMAN BY PETER DAVID BOOK ONE TP
    Written by PETER DAVID
    Art by KIRK JARVINEN, BRAD VANCATA, MARTIN EGELAND and others
    Cover by MARTIN EGELAND and BRAD VANCATA
    Peter David’s classic run on Aquaman begins in this volume collecting AQUAMAN: TIME AND TIDE #1-4 and AQUAMAN #0-8.
    From his abandonment on a reef to his upbringing by a dolphin to his first encounter with surface dwellers, these tales chronicle the origin and ascension of the mythic figure known as Aquaman.
    On sale FEBRUARY 7 • 320 pg, FC, $29.99 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-7746-8

BATMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE VOL. 4 TP
    Written by BILL FINGER and others
    Art by BOB KANE, JERRY ROBINSON and others
    Cover by TBD
    The 1940s tales that cemented Batman’s reputation as the world’s greatest crime-fighter, including the Caped Crusader’s run-ins with the Joker, the Penguin, Two-Face and more!
    Collects DETECTIVE COMICS #66-74, BATMAN #12-15 and WORLD’S FINEST COMICS #7-9.
    On sale FEBRUARY 14 • 384 pg, FC, $29.99 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-7758-1

BATMAN: LEGACY VOL. 2 TP
    Written by CHUCK DIXON, DOUG MOENCH and others
    Art by GRAHAM NOLAN, JIM APARO and others
    Cover by CARL CRITCHLOW
    Bane takes center stage in this second Legacy trade, in which the man who broke Batman’s back returns to Santa Prisca to learn the identity of his father.
    This title also includes Bane’s run-ins with Ra’s al Ghul and Azrael from the pages of Batman #534, Batman: THE VENGEANCE OF Bane #1, Batman: Bane of the Demon #1-4, Batman: Shadow of the Bat #54, Detective Comics #701-702 and Robin #32-33.
    On sale FEBRUARY 14 • 276 pg, FC, $24.99 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-7761-1

DMZ BOOK FOUR TP
    Written by BRIAN WOOD
    Art by RICCARDO BURCHIELLI and others
    Cover by BRIAN WOOD
    In these stories from DMZ #45-59, journalist Matty Roth redefines his role in the DMZ, rolling with a private security force and self-defined mandate to heal the city. Then Matty retreats into self-exile to take a good, hard look at himself and his conduct since he entered the DMZ, and he doesn’t like what he sees.
    On sale FEBRUARY 28 • 384 pg, FC, $24.99 US • MATURE READERS • ISBN: 978-1-4012-7463-4

ELSEWORLDS: SUPERMAN VOL. 1 TP
    Written by J.M. DeMATTEIS, DAVE GIBBONS, HOWARD CHAYKIN, ROGER STERN, STEVE VANCE and ROY THOMAS
    Art by EDUARDO BARRETO, JOSE LUIS GARCIA-LOPEZ, GIL KANE, MICHAEL LARK and others
    Cover by EDUARDO BARRETO
    In these reimagined versions of Superman, the Man of Tomorrow becomes a medieval knight, a grizzled loner fighting to save the planet, a Dark Knight, and much more.
    Collects SUPERMAN: SPEEDING BULLETS, SUPERMAN: KAL, SUPERMAN: DISTANT FIRES, SUPERMAN: A NATION DIVIDED, SUPERMAN, INC. and SUPERMAN: WAR OF THE WORLDS.
    On sale FEBRUARY 7 • 368 pg, FC, $34.99 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-7118-3

NIGHTWING VOL. 7: SHRIKE TP
    Written by CHUCK DIXON
    Art by GREG LAND, RICK LEONARDI, MIKE LILLY, TREVOR McCARTHY and others
    Cover by GREG LAND and DREW GERACI
    Follow Dick Grayson as he shapes his new life and identity as Nightwing and by day one of Gotham City’s finest as he battles Blockbuster and his new weapon, Shrike.
    Collects NIGHTWING #54-60 and NIGHTWING: OUR WORLDS AT WAR #1.
    On sale FEBRUARY 14 • 264 pg, FC, $24.99 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-7756-7

SUPERMAN: PRESIDENT LUTHOR TP NEW EDITION
    Written by PETER DAVID, J.M. DeMATTEIS, JEPH LOEB, GREG RUCKA, MARK SCHULTZ and others
    Art by ARTHUR ADAMS, MATTHEW CLARK, DALE EAGLESHAM, TONY HARRIS, DOUG MAHNKE, ED McGUINNESS and others
    Cover by ERIC PETERSON
    Lex Luthor is the most powerful man in Metropolis. So what’s next on his horizon? The White House, naturally! It was only a matter of time before billionaire Lex Luthor ran for the highest office in the land. And besides bringing him victory, Luthor’s campaign for the presidency is calculated to bring maximum grief to the Man of Steel.
    This title collects SECRET FILES: PRESIDENT LUTHOR #1, SUPERMAN #162-163, SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL #110, SUPERMAN: LEX 2000 #1, LEX LUTHOR: THE UNAUTHORIZED BIOGRAPHY #1, plus content from ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #581 and #586, SUPERMAN #164-165 and SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL #108-109.
    On sale FEBRUARY 21 • 296 pg, FC, $29.99 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-7765-9

SUPERMAN: THE MANY WORLDS OF KRYPTON TP
    Written by DENNIS O’NEIL, LEN WEIN, CARY BATES, ELLIOT S. MAGGIN, JOHN BYRNE, PAUL KUPPERBERG and MARV WOLFMAN
    Art by DAVE COCKRUM, MARSHALL ROGERS, MIKE MIGNOLA, HOWARD CHAYKIN and others
    Cover by ROSS ANDRU and DICK GIORDANO
    Witness the past of Superman’s homeworld in SUPERMAN: THE MANY WORLDS OF KRYPTON in this new title collecting WORLD OF KRYPTON #1-3, THE WORLD OF KRYPTON #1-4 and stories from SUPERMAN #233, 236, 238, 240, 248, 257, 266 and SUPERMAN FAMILY #182.
    On sale FEBRUARY 28 • 240 pg, FC, $19.99 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-7889-2

TEEN TITANS BY GEOFF JOHNS BOOK TWO TP
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS, BEN RAAB, MARK WAID and others
    Art by TOM GRUMMETT, MIKE McKONE, IVAN REIS and others
    Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ and ANDY LANNING
    The Titans return from the trip with the Legion…ten years too late! Get ready to meet the all-new Titans lineup: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Animal Man, Aquawoman and The Flash! Face to face with themselves ten years from now, the Teen Titans make a pact that doesn’t bode well for the future. Now they must find a way home, before the Titans of Tomorrow catch up with them!
    Collects TEEN TITANS #13-19, LEGENDS OF THE DCU 80-PAGE GIANT #1, BEAST BOY #1-4 and TEEN TITANS/LEGION #1.
    On sale FEBRUARY 7 • 320 pg, FC, $29.99 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-7752-9

YOUNG JUSTICE BOOK TWO TP
    Written by PETER DAVID and others
    Art by TODD NAUCK, KOI TURNBULL, ANGEL UNZUETA and others
    Cover by TODD NAUCK and LARY STUCKER
    In this new helping of stories from YOUNG JUSTICE #8-17, YOUNG JUSTICE: 80-PAGE GIANT #1, YOUNG JUSTICE IN NO MAN’S LAND #1, SUPERGIRL #36-37 and pages from YOUNG JUSTICE: SECRET FILES #1, the team is studying espionage under Captain Atom. Their class project? Solve a cold case that involves a forty-year-old murder. Now, the true killer has resurfaced to target anyone who might expose the truth about the original crime—and that includes each and every member of the team!
    On sale FEBRUARY 21 • 416 pg, FC, $34.99 US • ISBN: 978-1-4012-7766-6

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    Here are the HCs from the January solicitations:
    Absolute Sandman Overture, huh? Man, they're really padding this one out.

Let's see how my ocd is on release week to match my other Sandman Absolutes

THE ABSOLUTE SANDMAN: OVERTURE HC
    Written by NEIL GAIMAN
    Art and cover by J.H. WILLIAMS III
    Neil Gaiman’s legendary series is back in DC’s Absolute Edition format! From the birth of a galaxy to the moment that Morpheus is captured, THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE features cameo appearances by fan-favorite characters such as the Corinthian, Merv Pumpkinhead and, of course, the Dream King’s siblings: Death, Desire, Despair, Delirium, Destruction and Destiny.
    This volume collects THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE #1-6 in its entirety together with a special presentation of the whole story’s original, uncolored art by J.H. Williams III, plus bonus material and a new cover by Williams!
    ADVANCE SOLICITED • On sale JUNE 13 • 416 pg, FC, 8.25” x 12.5” • $125.00 US • MATURE READERS • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8047-5
    Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Absolute Sandman Overture, huh? Man, they're really padding this one out.

Let's see how my ocd is on release week to match my other Sandman Absolutes
    I held off buying these month and buying the OHC because I knew DC would collect this sucker in Absolute. Now that it's here, I'm ticked off about the price tag. Technically this will probably collect 12 issues worth (I suspect these will be the deluxe comics with all the bells and whistles that were released a month after each comic), but that's still ridiculous. It's up there with the Batman Year One Absolute.

At least DC kept the Authority at $75 (not counting the IST discount), but this is a dick move.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I held off buying these month and buying the OHC because I knew DC would collect this sucker in Absolute. Now that it's here, I'm ticked off about the price tag. Technically this will probably collect 12 issues worth (I suspect these will be the deluxe comics with all the bells and whistles that were released a month after each comic), but that's still ridiculous. It's up there with the Batman Year One Absolute.

At least DC kept the Authority at $75 (not counting the IST discount), but this is a dick move.
    Yeah, I have the deluxe. What's crazy it was on clearance for so long too.

Don't get me wrong, b/w JHW3 is going to be beautiful.

But that price. Jeez

Interested in the 2 Action Comics Deluxe books
    will give me Action Comics 967-992 (pretty cool)

Mighty Member

Yeah that's what, 18 issues in the AC v2? Pretty great value, like the opposite of Sandman Overture lol. Speaking of, i dont like this trend of padding absolutes with the same issues in a different format. I'll be passing like i did on Year One

THE ABSOLUTE SANDMAN: OVERTURE HC
    Written by NEIL GAIMAN
    Art and cover by J.H. WILLIAMS III
    Neil Gaiman’s legendary series is back in DC’s Absolute Edition format! From the birth of a galaxy to the moment that Morpheus is captured, THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE features cameo appearances by fan-favorite characters such as the Corinthian, Merv Pumpkinhead and, of course, the Dream King’s siblings: Death, Desire, Despair, Delirium, Destruction and Destiny.
    This volume collects THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE #1-6 in its entirety together with a special presentation of the whole story’s original, uncolored art by J.H. Williams III, plus bonus material and a new cover by Williams!
    ADVANCE SOLICITED • On sale JUNE 13 • 416 pg, FC, 8.25” x 12.5” • $125.00 US • MATURE READERS • ISBN: 978-1-4012-8047-5
    I'm a sucker for slipcases, so I'm actually excited for this one. The price point is pretty killer, but I imagine I'll find a pre-order discount somewhere.
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 10-16-2017 at 09:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

THE ABSOLUTE SANDMAN: OVERTURE Cover by J.H. WILLIAMS III:

SUPERMAN: ACTION COMICS – THE OZ EFFECT: THE DELUXE EDITION HC Cover by NICK BRADSHAW:

SUPERMAN: ACTION COMICS – THE REBIRTH DELUXE EDITION BOOK TWO HC Cover by MIKEL JANIN:

JACK OF FABLES: THE DELUXE EDITION BOOK TWO Cover by BRIAN BOLLAND:

Oh I forgot my usual rant: Thanks a lot DC - no Transmet 3.

dead in the water now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    dead in the water now?
    Nah. I'm not too worried yet.

Hell, we just got a Ennis Max Punisher and Aaron Wolverine 2 Omnibuses announced from marvel.

Anythings possible.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Interested in the 2 Action Comics Deluxe books
    will give me Action Comics 967-992 (pretty cool)
    The real question is where does action comics volume 3 start? Will it start after Oz effect or will they double dip. I think I'm going to hold off buying the Oz effect deluxe until we get some news on volume 3.