View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1380 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 38088012801330137013761377137813791380138113821383138413901430 ... LastLast
Results 20,686 to 20,700 of 21657
    Incredible Member

Anyone pick up the new Batman: Black and White hardcover? Seems sort of expensive for a non-deluxe, but I'm tempted because those stories tend to be really fun.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Anyone pick up the new Batman: Black and White hardcover? Seems sort of expensive for a non-deluxe, but I'm tempted because those stories tend to be really fun.
    A sampling of the consensus on the board:

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    I was wondering the same thing — based on the Amazon listing, it’s standard. Shame, I was thinking of getting it before realizing that.

Did anyone read the miniseries? How does it compare with the original mini and Gotham Knights backups?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    I read it. It's not worth 50 bucks. It was...hit and miss. a couple really good stories a lot of meh and a few wtf. I would recommend waiting for the paperback
    I'm sure you can find it online for a nice discount, so it you're hesitant to drop $50 that might be the best way to go.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Now that I've started to read through Geoff Johns' Green Lantern run I keep thinking we need a companion omni line for everything that's not connected in the main 3 omnibus. Is there any serious chance we could get something like this or at least something to collect the GLC run?

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    Now that I've started to read through Geoff Johns' Green Lantern run I keep thinking we need a companion omni line for everything that's not connected in the main 3 omnibus. Is there any serious chance we could get something like this or at least something to collect the GLC run?
    It's a shame there seems to be no plan for a Green Lantern Corps omnibus. I think it would sell well and the stories were often just as good or better than the Main GL book.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

ABSOLUTE DOOMSDAY CLOCK
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and cover by GARY FRANK
    $125.00 US | 496 pages
    8 1/8" × 12 1/4" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-560-5
    ON SALE 6/14/22
    It’s the story you never thought you’d see! Dr. Manhattan, a near-omnipotent being from the Watchmen universe, has been using his powers to rewrite the DCU—reshaping some heroes’ histories, erasing other heroes altogether, and playing with the fates of the good and evil alike.
    But what does a godlike being from another world stand to gain from the DC Universe? And now that our heroes know who’s been toying with their lives, can they stop him?
    Collecting the full 12-issue miniseries in one oversize hardcover slipcase, this new edition also features dozens of pages of behind-the-scenes features, including never-before-seen sketches by Gary Frank.

ABSOLUTE DARK NIGHTS: METAL
    Written by SCOTT SNYDER
    Art by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
    Cover by GREG CAPULLO
    $125.00 US | 400 pages
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-527-8
    ON SALE 5/31/22
    The Dark Knight has uncovered one of the lost mysteries of the universe. Something that could destroy the very fabric of his reality: the Dark Multiverse! It’s a nightmarish realm of devastating danger—where a team of twisted, evil versions of Batman lies waiting for a chance to cross into our own world.
    This Absolute edition of the epic story collects Dark Nights: Metal #1-6, Batman: Lost #1, and Dark Knights Rising: The Wild Hunt #1, as well as more than 100 pages of extras and special features in an oversize slipcase.

BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN: CATWOMAN WHEN IN ROME THE DELUXE EDITION OHC
    Written by JEPH LOEB
    Art and cover by TIM SALE
    $49.99 US | 168 pages | 7 1/16" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-502-5
    ON SALE 2/22/22
    In this sequel to Batman: The Long Halloween, an Eisner Award-winning creative team takes Catwoman on a mysterious trip to Italy to hunt the deadly Falcone crime family. Collects the six-issue miniseries with a gallery of behind-the-scenes extras.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    ABSOLUTE DARK NIGHTS: METAL
    Written by SCOTT SNYDER
    Art by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
    Cover by GREG CAPULLO
    $125.00 US | 400 pages
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-527-8
    ON SALE 5/31/22
    Ouch, $125 for 400 pages. I wouldn't mind a Metal collection, but this will not be the one for me.

I feel like Metal and Death Metal should each have an omnibus? Didn't they have a bunch of tie ins?

Absolute Doomsday Clock....I'd much prefer a deluxe. Hrm...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I feel like Metal and Death Metal should each have an omnibus? Didn't they have a bunch of tie ins?

Absolute Doomsday Clock....I'd much prefer a deluxe. Hrm...
    I'm waiting for a Metal omnibus - given that we just got Flashpoint for its tenth anniversary, I'm not holding my breath on seeing it soon. Which is frustrating because I think whatever Williamson is doing w/Infinite Frontier and the follow-ups will warrant a nice omni, but it'll be years and years if we have to wait for both Metal and Death Metal first . . .
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    Ouch, $125 for 400 pages. I wouldn't mind a Metal collection, but this will not be the one for me.
    That price is truly jaw-dropping.

8 floppies for $125?

SMH.

I honestly have interest in both(wanting to catch up on some DC events that I skipped the first time around). This price will just make sure I continue to skip these. Same price as an omnibus?
    Last edited by etrumble; 09-19-2021 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    It's a shame there seems to be no plan for a Green Lantern Corps omnibus. I think it would sell well and the stories were often just as good or better than the Main GL book.
    Has the GLC of this era even been recollected?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Has the GLC of this era even been recollected?
    Not apart from the initial trades. Green Lantern Corps: Recharge is my favourite story of the first omni so far so I'd love the chance to get an omnibus (or even a trade line) for the other companion comics.

Unless there’s a drastic change in how DC runs its collection department, the only hope I see in getting GLC collected (in full!) would be a compendium. Right now, we can’t even get DC to finish the main Geoff Johns GL series in trade, so I fear any chance of GLC getting done (which I would absolutely purchase) would need to be in a relatively cheap 2-volume compendium set.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Unless there’s a drastic change in how DC runs its collection department, the only hope I see in getting GLC collected (in full!) would be a compendium. Right now, we can’t even get DC to finish the main Geoff Johns GL series in trade, so I fear any chance of GLC getting done (which I would absolutely purchase) would need to be in a relatively cheap 2-volume compendium set.
    Very sad. I missed out reading GLC in trades except for a few issues here and there that more directly tied into John's GL series. But I always assumed they would publish the trades once everything was finished. Obviously never happened. What a shame.