View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 851 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3517518018418478488498508518528538548558619019511351 ... LastLast
Results 12,751 to 12,765 of 21662

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I think youre confusing the Aquaman Rebirth Deluxe, with the Aquaman by Geoff Johns Omni.
    Yes. Yes I was.

Nevermind me

BANNED

I ordered Absolute Wonder Woman by Azzarello vol. 1 yesterday and my Cosmic Odyssey Deluxe HC just arrived today.

Okay, so in the never ending "the description is not right" battle with DC books (I'm fairly new to the DC-side...), the Amazon post for the new Orion TPB shows the complete contents of the omnibus. Granted it does say "book one", though. Now, based on everyone's previous experience with DC trades, would this run of 25 issues + some old Kirby issues be broken into 2 TPBs or 3 do you think? I'm thinking I'll just get the omnibus instead, which isn't OOP yet, and would be cheaper to get the one omni vs 2 or especially 3 trades.

Same with the new Teen Titans by Geoff Johns trade. That would take, what, at ~12 issues per trade, like 4-5 trades. Again, cheaper to get the omni, and even though this book looks huge, would still save bookshelf space vs. 4-5 trades. I find it interesting that they're putting out these trades for omnibuses that technically aren't even OOP yet. Hawkman I get, it's OOP and going for high prices, but these others not so much. And yes, I realize it's got Johns name on it, etc... but still, seems a little odd. Anyways, my two cents.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Same with the new Teen Titans by Geoff Johns trade. That would take, what, at ~12 issues per trade, like 4-5 trades. Again, cheaper to get the omni, and even though this book looks huge, would still save bookshelf space vs. 4-5 trades.
    FYI, the book is HUGE. Not the biggest they've done, but definitely big. I really wish they'd split into two volumes, even if it were to sell it as a two volume set.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I find it interesting that they're putting out these trades for omnibuses that technically aren't even OOP yet. Hawkman I get, it's OOP and going for high prices, but these others not so much. And yes, I realize it's got Johns name on it, etc... but still, seems a little odd. Anyways, my two cents.
    It's not uncommon for DC to have series in print in multiple formats. For example, the Y The Last Man deluxe editions has been reprinted even though the paperback versions are still out. Same for the Sandman trades and Omnis. The first JSA omnibus has been recently reprinted even though the first big trade is coming later this year. And I'd say the Knightfall Omni will have little bearing on the likelihood of reprints of the trades. Different markets want different things and I'd say DC try to accommodate as many markets as they can (as long as they make a profit obviously).

I forgot Supergirl by Peter David Book 2 is out today. That's pretty good time. I don't remember when the previous volume was out, but I don't think it was even 3 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    FYI, the book is HUGE. Not the biggest they've done, but definitely big. I really wish they'd split into two volumes, even if it were to sell it as a two volume set.

It's not uncommon for DC to have series in print in multiple formats. For example, the Y The Last Man deluxe editions has been reprinted even though the paperback versions are still out. Same for the Sandman trades and Omnis. The first JSA omnibus has been recently reprinted even though the first big trade is coming later this year. And I'd say the Knightfall Omni will have little bearing on the likelihood of reprints of the trades. Different markets want different things and I'd say DC try to accommodate as many markets as they can (as long as they make a profit obviously).
    Thanks for the background info. I'm used to Marvel, who pretty much has the unwritten rule of "if omnibus is in print, no trades of that material will come", and same with MMWs vs epic material (given a few outliers), etc... Although they are releasing a reprint of the Simonson Thor Omni AND new trades at the same time, which I'm guessing is all related to the movie timing, but still, maybe they are rethinking their output. I dunno.

And yeah, I have the JSA omnibuses, which are mega-bricks, so are the GL ones by Johns, but unless you read them lying down in bed, it's not so bad.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

I forgot Supergirl by Peter David Book 2 is out today. That's pretty good time. I don't remember when the previous volume was out, but I don't think it was even 3 months ago.
    I just saw that on IST.
    I don't have the first volume yet but it's in my MILE long wishlist.

Do we know how many volumes this Supergirl series will make?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    I just saw that on IST.
    I don't have the first volume yet but it's in my MILE long wishlist.

I believe the third volume is announced for September/October (I might be wrong) and the fourth volume is out in January. The contents for the fourth volume is erroneously posted as the same contents for the third, so its hard telling if there will be more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    The series ran to #80, plus annuals, specials, etc, and based on provisional information for Book 3, the first three trades take us up to #32 as well as annuals and some one shots. At that rate, I can see seven books, but it depends on how many issues DC puts into later volumes.

Hm...I might get PAD SG 2 later on. Like in April. Bundle it with Cassandra BG.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Hm...I might get PAD SG 2 later on. Like in April. Bundle it with Cassandra BG.
    I want to get into Cassandra, but I'm dying for that Stephanie Brown by B.Q Miller. PAD SG is definitely a slow burn, but i loved it by the end. I know the rest of the series is going to be amazing.

I want to get into Cassandra, but I'm dying for that Stephanie Brown by B.Q Miller. PAD SG is definitely a slow burn, but i loved it by the end. I know the rest of the series is going to be amazing.
    Isn't that next month?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Isn't that next month?
    Mid August. Which sounds like a bloody lifetime away, if you ask me. Oh well, a lot of solid things to go after in the meantime. Wonder Woman and the Justice League, trying out some more Rebirth books, and I have to catch up on some older series, like No Mans Land and Cataclysm. Umph. My wallet.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

..... and I have to catch up on some older series, like No Mans Land and Cataclysm. Umph. My wallet.
    Harmless unintentional statements that remind me, damn, I'm getting older!! I read those month-to-month in the 90s when I was a 20-ish person and now they are "old series". LOL!!!

Those are good, not just nostalgic good but good reads!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I believe the third volume is announced for September/October (I might be wrong) and the fourth volume is out in January. The contents for the fourth volume is erroneously posted as the same contents for the third, so its hard telling if there will be more.
    DC should really follow Marvel in regards to collecting classic runs.
    400-500 pages each trade with no less than 5-6 months between each one, like the Priest BP run.
    With their pace I'll be dead before they collect most of these runs.