View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
531. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

    49 9.23%
  • Deluxe

    211 39.74%
  • Omnibus

    213 40.11%
  • Absolute

    121 22.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1138 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 1386381038108811281134113511361137113811391140114111421148 ... LastLast
Results 17,056 to 17,070 of 17235
  1. #17056
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Arkham, Mass (lol no)
    Posts
    7,113

    Default

    I didn’t know they excerpted Final Crisis too, that’s amazing.
    Yea, I wasn't expecting that. The summaries before and after Last Rites are inches-sized small versions of certain key Final Crisis panels with text under each.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    If they actually get Batman & Robin/Return of Bruce Wayne/Time & the Batman right in terms of reading order, I will probably cave and get them both.
    My face would melt like that Nazi at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark if DC actually orders Vol 2 like Burnham did and how I did in my custom bind. So don't get your hopes up too much yet. I gave the DC tpb head a scan of Burnham's very post and I know they read that email. But I still think DC will refuse to go that route.

    I also suggested to DC that they put The Return with Inc (presumably Vol 3) and not with Vol 2 and I really think that is best. B&R #16 brings plenty of closure by itself to B&R, RoBW, 700-702. The Return clearly belongs with Inc moreso IMHO.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-13-2018 at 08:46 AM.
    Thank you AMericA for votinG for chAnge.

  2. #17057
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yea, I wasn't expecting that. The summaries before and after Last Rites are inches-sized small versions of certain key Final Crisis panels with text under each.


    My face would melt like that Nazi at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark if DC actually orders Vol 2 like Burnham did and how I did in my custom bind. So don't get your hopes up too much yet. I gave the DC tpb head a scan of Burnham's very post and I know they read that email. But I still think DC will refuse to go that route.

    I also suggested to DC that they put The Return with Inc (presumably Vol 3) and not with Vol 2 and I really think that is best. B&R #16 brings plenty of closure by itself to B&R, RoBW, 700-702. The Return clearly belongs with Inc moreso IMHO.
    Count me in on putting The Return in with Inc. There's no real reason to include it in volume 2 at all, story-wise.

    You and I have discussed the v2 order before, so rather than reiterate, let me just say I'll be surprised if they follow the Burnham order exactly - specifically, I wouldn't be surprised if instead of
    BR 10
    ROBW 1
    BR11
    ROBW2
    BR12
    ROBW3
    they just do BR 10-12 then ROBW 1-3 (and keep the rest the same as he listed). I haven't re-read in a couple years, so I can't say for sure anything is lost/screwed up with that change, but I've noticed DC has a preference for putting arcs together in some of their other recent collections.

    * For those that are unaware, I believe this is the correct Chris Burnham endorsed order (please correct me if I'm wrong)
    BR 1-9
    B700
    BR 10
    ROBW 1
    BR11
    ROBW2
    BR12
    ROBW3
    B701
    B702
    BR13
    ROBW4
    BR14
    ROBW5
    BR15
    ROBW6
    BR16

  3. #17058
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Arkham, Mass (lol no)
    Posts
    7,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Count me in on putting The Return in with Inc. There's no real reason to include it in volume 2 at all, story-wise.

    You and I have discussed the v2 order before, so rather than reiterate, let me just say I'll be surprised if they follow the Burnham order exactly - specifically, I wouldn't be surprised if instead of
    BR 10
    ROBW 1
    BR11
    ROBW2
    BR12
    ROBW3
    they just do BR 10-12 then ROBW 1-3 (and keep the rest the same as he listed). I haven't re-read in a couple years, so I can't say for sure anything is lost/screwed up with that change, but I've noticed DC has a preference for putting arcs together in some of their other recent collections.


    * For those that are unaware, I believe this is the correct Chris Burnham endorsed order (please correct me if I'm wrong)
    BR 1-9
    B700
    BR 10
    ROBW 1
    BR11
    ROBW2
    BR12
    ROBW3
    B701
    B702
    BR13
    ROBW4
    BR14
    ROBW5
    BR15
    ROBW6
    BR16
    You're correct on what Burnham's order is. It's funny, even Burnham leaves off Batman The Return. Funny that.

    As far as the bolded, that order is probably the least offensive alternative DC could go with. And like you, I have not re-read to see if this alternative order would screw up any issue interplay.

    Burnham said in his old post, defending his order: "There are little puzzles that get set up in one series that are pretty quickly resolved in the other."
    Thank you AMericA for votinG for chAnge.

  4. #17059
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    17

    Default

    How is build quality/binding the Doom Patrol omnibus by Grant Morrison?

  5. #17060
    Fantastic Member signalman112's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Anyone get the Bronze Age The Brave and The Bold Omnibus Vol 2?
    Are the HUMAN TARGET backup stories from B&B #143 & 144 included?

    Thanks!

  6. #17061
    Incredible Member Naked Bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    How is build quality/binding the Doom Patrol omnibus by Grant Morrison?
    It's a huge book, the biggest omnibus I have. IT's even bigger than the Dc one million omnibus. It is really, really tight.

  7. #17062
    Incredible Member Rimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Anyone get the Bronze Age The Brave and The Bold Omnibus Vol 2?
    Are the HUMAN TARGET backup stories from B&B #143 & 144 included?

    Thanks!
    Just checked mine - the answer is NO.
    Just the main story is included for both issues, I'm guessing due to the Batman-angle of thee omnibuses.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

  8. #17063
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    610

    Default

    Received the Loeb/Sale Bats Omnibus today...holy crap, its huge. DC makes some THICK omnis...

  9. #17064
    Mighty Member My Two Cents's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,379

    Default

    I received it a few days ago along with Loeb/Sale Superman For All Seasons deluxe hard cover
    They are still sealed in the box

  10. #17065
    Mighty Member My Two Cents's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,379

    Default

    I wish D C would show some Bronze Age Superman Omnibus love.
    There was so many stories I enjoyed during the seventies in Superman and Action Comics.

  11. #17066
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Arkham, Mass (lol no)
    Posts
    7,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I wish D C would show some Bronze Age Superman Omnibus love.
    There was so many stories I enjoyed during the seventies in Superman and Action Comics.
    I agree. Very frustrating that DC is hardly comprehensively collecting that Superman era at all, let alone in Omnibus.

    I guess Bronze Age Batman is a bit neglected too (thank god I custom bound 1979 to 1985), but Superman Bronze seems a bit moreso.
    Thank you AMericA for votinG for chAnge.

  12. #17067
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I wish D C would show some Bronze Age Superman Omnibus love.
    There was so many stories I enjoyed during the seventies in Superman and Action Comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I agree. Very frustrating that DC is hardly comprehensively collecting that Superman era at all, let alone in Omnibus.

    I guess Bronze Age Batman is a bit neglected too (thank god I custom bound 1979 to 1985), but Superman Bronze seems a bit moreso.
    Thirded. I keep waiting for the day, every new round of solicits... Instead it's the "Ultra Mega Unwrapped Batman: Hush Deluxe 2nd Edition" or whatever.

  13. #17068
    Incredible Member LordJulius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    979

    Default

    I too would love some Bronze Age Supes, particularly the late 70s to mid-80s.

    Regarding Omnis, was it here or in the MMW forums where somebody said DC was waiting until they were at least through the GA (if not SA as well) Omnis until they did a BA one? Which would be a shame as that will most likely take at least another ten years or so. Luckily we at least have the BA JLA Omnis (though Id prefer Swan so much more than Dillin).

    Ive actually been on a BA binge of Superman recently, digging out my old German language album-format Superman books. And I also discovered a huge stack of old German BA Superman issues that my brother-in-law had given me a couple of years back but which I since had completely forgotten about as we were in the middle of moving and refurbishing at the time. Such great fun to read those, even if theyre not in English.

  14. #17069
    Spectacular Member bob fett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Suburbs of Philly
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Bronze Age omnis I want:
    Superman
    Batman
    Worlds Finest
    Detective
    Action
    Take my money please.
    I'd love to have a John Byrne Superman omnibus in my collection.How 'bout it DC?

  15. #17070
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    503

    Default

    13th Demension have a list of some new upcoming solicits https://13thdimension.com/classic-ba...w-collections/

    Batman Omnibus 7 is listed which not only includes 10 never before collected issues of Batman but will also contain 3 never before reprinted issues of Detective comics to (as the archives only got up to 170)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •