View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 32 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642821325321032 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    The chronological reading order would be the following:
    1- Batman the Black Glove Deluxe Edition
    2- Batman RIP, available in Deluxe Edition as well as TPB
    3- Time and the Batman. Only available in regular-sized HC and TPB. Collects #700, a standalone story, and #701-702, which take place between RIP and Final Crisis but were published months later.
    4- Absolute Final Crisis. I think this is the only OHC that includes Batman #682-683
    5- Absolute Batman and Robin
    6- The Return of Bruce Wayne Deluxe Edition or TPB. This story chronologically concludes before #15 of B&R.
    7- Batman Inc. Vol. 1 Deluxe Edition
    8- Batman Incorporated Vol. 1: Demon Star and Vol. 2 Gotham's Most Wanted. These are regular HCs.

Now, instead of 7 and 8, you could always get the upcoming Absolute Batman Incorporated in late November.
    Thank you. Time to update my amazon wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by kdjac0434 View Post
    Thank you. Time to update my amazon wish list.
    Batman and Robin also comes in 3 deluxes.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Batman #682-683 is in the RIP deluxe, so if you don't want to spend that much on the FC absolute or double dip on those 2 issues and just buy the FC tpb or the regular hc (it's oop but not so hard to find a used copy, just make sure that it's the right edition which collects Superman beyond and FC submit), you should read Batman #682-683 somewhere after FC 5.
    I've read the Return of BW after Batman and Robin #9, in theory you should read the 2 titles back to back, but I was fine reading the whole Return story between B&R 9 and 10.
    Also, I think the absolute INC comes out in December.
    Which edition of FC hardcover should I be looking for? I'm not really interested in getting the absolute.

Which edition of FC hardcover should I be looking for? I'm not really interested in getting the absolute.
    I think the american edition is the correct one, with the red and black cover with Superman holding Batman's corpse. The europian edition should have Darkseid on the cover.
    This is the isbn: 9781401222819, but sometimes sellers list the european version with this isbn (I almost bought that version but I emailed the seller just to be sure, he checked the pagecount and I could cancel the order because it was around 240pages. An other seller was kind enough to send me a picture of the dustjacket so I could check it). If you search the isbn on amazon.com the page count will be 352 but on amazon.co.uk it will be only 240. Strange thing.
    Also, Superman beyond was originally published in 3D with glasses but only the absolute has it in that format, the tpb and the hc is regular 2D printing.
    Last edited by Balakin; 05-23-2014 at 06:28 AM.

Incredible Member

I have both the standard trim and absolute. I like reading both because you get a different experience with each one. But then, I am a FC nutter.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My Justice League of America Omnibus Vol. 1 just arrived from books_any (amazon.co.uk marketplace). It was wrapped in bubble wrap (v. large bubbles) and in a cardboard box. On inspection, it seems in perfect nick. Now just waiting for UXM Omnibus Vol. 2 which was ordered at the same time.

20140523_154653.jpg
    20140523_154621.jpg
    20140523_154557.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Is there an absolute or a deluxe edition that contain Batman 430 (and surrounding issues)?
    I can't find any evidence that this issue has ever been reprinted in any format.

A Death in the Family has been reprinted in its own trade, as well as the DC Comics Classics Library hardcover which also contains A Lonely Place of Dying.

My copy of Batman 4: Zero Year just showed up from Amazon. I wish for what DC priced a book like this at that it could look a tad bit better visually. I know they do a better job with the deluxe editions but their regular HCs are a bit junky. Feels like issue 0 should have been added, too.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    My copy of Batman 4: Zero Year just showed up from Amazon. I wish for what DC priced a book like this at that it could look a tad bit better visually. I know they do a better job with the deluxe editions but their regular HCs are a bit junky. Feels like issue 0 should have been added, too.
    0 and Annual 2 both weren't included. Hoping they're included in volume 6.. Volume 5 is the second half of Zero year!

I received Batman Noir today and it has a different cover then what I've seen in stores and online. I didn't know they made two for this book.
    I got this one: BatmanNoir.jpg

I've only ever seen this cover for the book:
    Last edited by Wasp14; 05-23-2014 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasp14 View Post
    I received Batman Noir today and it has a different cover then what I've seen in stores and online. I didn't know they made two for this book.
    The other one was just a solicit cover.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    The other one was just a solicit cover.
    That makes sense, now I feel dumb lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasp14 View Post
    That makes sense, now I feel dumb lol.
    You shouldn't. How in hell should a normal customer know that the cover shown in online shops is not the right one? The one we all know is still up on amazon.
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Chapters apparently has an awesome marketplace. I got off of the phone with them with questions about my Absolute Dark Knight order and they said if there's anything wrong with it or I don't want it I can take it to a Chapters store with the packing slip for a refund. This is a much easier system than dealing with sellers directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    I can't find any evidence that this issue has ever been reprinted in any format.

A Death in the Family has been reprinted in its own trade, as well as the DC Comics Classics Library hardcover which also contains A Lonely Place of Dying.
    Thanks for the info!