View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1056 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 5655695610061046105210531054105510561057105810591060106611061156 ... LastLast
Results 15,826 to 15,840 of 21672
    Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    Oooof. I've been hesitant to rips mine off as well, and your comment about the binding has really given me pause. Is there any conceivable way a book that size could be manufactured with a glued binding? Is a there any precedent? Wouldn't it fall apart immediately due to its size?

The first Black Science hardcover was scrapped and reprinted due to misprints, and the reprints had terrible glued binding. The fact that the Fourth World reprints are such a quick turn-around is worrisome for sure.

I haven't ripped mine as well, someone made the comment that it seemed wasteful and that has really stuck with me. Also, IST said that the misprinted book would be considered rare. Has there ever been a case where a misprinted book is rare in value? I want the corrected book but the idea of ripping it apart has slowed me down.

I once worked at a place with WB merchandise, they had huge PVC sculptures of the Justice League, if one got damaged, they would end up in the trash compactor. They were almost lifelike sculptures.

Is anyone else keeping their misprinted 4th World?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I haven't ripped mine as well, someone made the comment that it seemed wasteful and that has really stuck with me. Also, IST said that the misprinted book would be considered rare. Has there ever been a case where a misprinted book is rare in value? I want the corrected book but the idea of ripping it apart has slowed me down.

I once worked at a place with WB merchandise, they had huge PVC sculptures of the Justice League, if one got damaged, they would end up in the trash compactor. They were almost lifelike sculptures.

Is anyone else keeping their misprinted 4th World?
    I kept mine and am reading through it now and really enjoying it. I think I may have made the wasteful comment lol. The fact that the error is in my least favorite of the 4 books plays a part. I would love to see some custom bound 2 volume sets of the ripped off cover pages if someone returns it. Seems like such a good opportunity. It is honestly a beast to read and the binding is not very flexible for new sewn binding. For comparison, Kamandi has pretty good flexibility in the binding.
    If Fourth world reprints were glued, that would be pretty terrible and possibly unreadable.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    Oooof. I've been hesitant to rips mine off as well, and your comment about the binding has really given me pause. Is there any conceivable way a book that size could be manufactured with a glued binding? Is a there any precedent? Wouldn't it fall apart immediately due to its size?

The first Black Science hardcover was scrapped and reprinted due to misprints, and the reprints had terrible glued binding. The fact that the Fourth World reprints are such a quick turn-around is worrisome for sure.
    Right! I (almost) can't imagine it being a glued binding at that size, but like I said, the quick turn-around - as well as the fact that it's being reproduced at a complete loss to DC - makes me second guess that it might be possible. Given a choice between rarity and the correct version of a book I paid for and longed for, I'd choose the latter; rarity doesn't matter much to me since I'm not looking to flip it. But I'd hate to tear the cover off this one, get one that's of lesser quality as a replacement, and then see the price skyrocket on the one I tore apart.

Mighty Member

If no one saw the most recent entry, Amazon has 7 "25th Anniversary of Knightfall" trades coming this summer and fall. 3 cover the first Knightfall Omni, 3 cover the second (Knightquest), and the last is Knightsend:

https://smile.amazon.com/Batman-Knig...ghtsend+batman

https://smile.amazon.com/Batman-Knig..._&dpSrc=detail

https://smile.amazon.com/Batman-Prel...G3MWDW7Q5GY0ZN

One might guess that the reason the second Knightfall Omnibus was split up w/the Crusade first and then the Search (instead of interweaving the stories chronologically) was for the ease of parceling the story out in to trade.

For those keeping track, that just leaves Prodigal, Troika, Nightwing: The Search for Alfred, and Vengeance of Bane II from the third Knightfall omnibus (so far) uncollected for the new 25th Anniversary Edition volumes. I wonder if the new Knightfall volumes will do something with their spines like the re-release of the Death of Superman (where the five volumes formed the bleeding Superman logo).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    If no one saw the most recent entry, Amazon has 7 "25th Anniversary of Knightfall" trades coming this summer and fall. 3 cover the first Knightfall Omni, 3 cover the second (Knightquest), and the last is Knightsend:

https://smile.amazon.com/Batman-Knig...ghtsend+batman

https://smile.amazon.com/Batman-Knig..._&dpSrc=detail

https://smile.amazon.com/Batman-Prel...G3MWDW7Q5GY0ZN

One might guess that the reason the second Knightfall Omnibus was split up w/the Crusade first and then the Search (instead of interweaving the stories chronologically) was for the ease of parceling the story out in to trade.

For those keeping track, that just leaves Prodigal, Troika, Nightwing: The Search for Alfred, and Vengeance of Bane II from the third Knightfall omnibus (so far) uncollected for the new 25th Anniversary Edition volumes. I wonder if the new Knightfall volumes will do something with their spines like the re-release of the Death of Superman (where the five volumes formed the bleeding Superman logo).
    I wonder if they will then release Prodigal and Troika together (as Troika is only 4 issues). I'm surprised they didnt include "Search for Alfred" in the redone Nightwing trades as it was in the original vol 1 tpb

I thought the same thing about the spines making a picture, possibly this one http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/File:Knightfall_novel.jpg to match the bloody "S" shield?

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toon View Post
    Right! I (almost) can't imagine it being a glued binding at that size, but like I said, the quick turn-around - as well as the fact that it's being reproduced at a complete loss to DC - makes me second guess that it might be possible. Given a choice between rarity and the correct version of a book I paid for and longed for, I'd choose the latter; rarity doesn't matter much to me since I'm not looking to flip it. But I'd hate to tear the cover off this one, get one that's of lesser quality as a replacement, and then see the price skyrocket on the one I tore apart.
    I emailed DCBS inquiring about the binding, and here is the response. I will follow up if I end up getting an answer.

Hi,

Good question! Unfortunately I do not know the answer so I sent an email to DC. Once they respond I will let you know.

Thank you for your business!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Carrie

New Brian Bolland art for Absolute Killing Joke.

9781401284121-600x647.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cmcok68 View Post
    New Brian Bolland art for Absolute Killing Joke.

9781401284121-600x647.jpg
    Since it will be half off (I assume) on the week of release, I'm gonna get this one. I'm almost surprised that DC is selling this at $50 cover, particularly after Absolute Year One's obnoxious price tag. Maybe it was a lesson. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Since it will be half off (I assume) on the week of release, I'm gonna get this one. I'm almost surprised that DC is selling this at $50 cover, particularly after Absolute Year One's obnoxious price tag. Maybe it was a lesson. Who knows.
    I got it on pre-order from Forbidden Planet at not much more than £25.

Fantastic Member

Found the Mister Miracle complete collection on amazon and have to say I’m quite bummed it won’t be a hardcover

Unrelated, but I see Green Arrow is getting a Rebirth Deluxe HC. I’ve never been able to get into GA (read Kevin Smith’s and year one, not a fan of the tv series) but have heard great things about the Rebirth run - the art especially. Am torn between trying this out or possibly even the Lemire & Sorrentino HC. Anyone have thoughts on these?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    Unrelated, but I see Green Arrow is getting a Rebirth Deluxe HC. I’ve never been able to get into GA (read Kevin Smith’s and year one, not a fan of the tv series) but have heard great things about the Rebirth run - the art especially. Am torn between trying this out or possibly even the Lemire & Sorrentino HC. Anyone have thoughts on these?
    As someone who's not very familiar with the character, i thought the Lemire run was excellent.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    As someone who's not very familiar with the character, i thought the Lemire run was excellent.
    I also thought it was quite good. I have only read the Lemire and the current run which is not as good but I am still enjoying it. Its the only rebirth run which I am currently up to speed on as far as trades go (I prefer the Ferrerya art to Schmidt).
    Last edited by RamblingMan; 03-16-2018 at 01:43 PM.

What we got here

Animal Man by Grant Morrison Book One 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition

On Sale Date: December 18, 2018
    9781401285470, 1401285473
    Hardcover
    $29.99 USD, $39.99 CAD
    One of the best-loved titles by Grant Morrison, bestselling author of titles including WONDER WOMAN: EARTH ONE, ALL-STAR SUPERMAN, BATMAN AND ROBIN, SEVEN SOLDIERS, DOOM PATROL, JLA, THE INVISIBLES, FINAL CRISIS and many more, is repackaged in a new hardcover. Collects ANIMAL MAN #1-10 and a story from SECRET ORIGINS #39.
    House of Mystery Omnibus Vol. 1
    n Sale Date: January 8, 2019
    9781401285661, 140128566X
    Hardcover
    $99.99 USD, $130.99 CAD
    HOUSE OF MYSTERY THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 collects issues #174-200 of the acclaimed series and features tantalizingly terrifying work from a host of comics’ greatest talents, including Bernie Wrightson, Alex Toth, Gil Kane, Marv Wolfman, Wally Wood, Neal Adams, Sergio Aragonés and many more!
    Last edited by bearded_adam; 03-16-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Also thre is
    Super Sons Omnibus
    Before Watchmen omnibus
    Absolute Flashpoint
    Aquaman by Geoff Johns Omnibus
    Check edelweiss catalof for description
    Last edited by bearded_adam; 03-16-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bearded_adam View Post
    Also thre is
    Super Sons Omnibus
    Before Watchmen omnibus
    Absolute Flashpoint
    Aquaman by Geoff Johns Omnibus
    Check edelweis catalof for description
    Some good shit here

Pass on the BW as I have the deluxes, and a pass on Flashpoint due to my collector's ocd, But Super Sons and Aquaman are definite.