View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I haven't heard any rumors, but I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

While Johns is no longer the golden boy at DC, his stuff still sells well. I can't imagine the idea hasn't crossed someone's mind yet...
    alright fingers crossed then, along with Snyder Batman v2 and King's Batman getting omnibus'd. Thanks

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

A Johns Superman Omnibus would be great. There is a Superman: The Last Son The Deluxe Edition By Geoff Johns on the way which I've pre-ordered. It'll be 288 pages and will collect ACTION COMICS #844-846, #851, #866-870, and ACTION COMICS ANNUAL #11.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Sorry I was asking if the Batman Dini omni was back on IST. I went to check and it wasn’t.
    Amazon has it for $86 right now, and at CGN for $81.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Any rumored plans for a Johns Superman omnibus? Collecting all the Last Son, Origin, Brainiac, LOSH stories. Most were Frank collaborations and I assume their team is hot after Doomsday Clock and Batman E1 vol 3 on the horizon.
    I’d buy a Superman by Geoff Johns Omnibus and a Superman by Kurt Busiek Omnibus in a heartbeat. That era was the last time every Superbook was really consistently great.

Incredible Member

Omar from Near Mint Condition runs through the DC Omnibus & Absolute Editions for Jan-Sept

Planning to get:

Flash by Geoff Johns Vol 2
    New Teen Titans Vol 5
    New Teen Titans Vol 6
    Superman/Batman: Generations
    DC Who's Who,
    Batman Golden Age Vol 9
    Fourth World by John Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Omar from Near Mint Condition runs through the DC Omnibus & Absolute Editions for Jan-Sept

Planning to get:

Flash by Geoff Johns Vol 2
    New Teen Titans Vol 5
    New Teen Titans Vol 6
    Superman/Batman: Generations
    DC Who's Who,
    Batman Golden Age Vol 9
    Fourth World by John Byrne
    Unsurprisingly, I'm stoked for the new Planetary Absolute Edition. I very much dislike the original two volumes, and I'm excited to have the full series collected in just one Absolute. Here's to hoping the artwork on the slipcase and hardcover aren't garbage this time around (Honestly, just reuse the artwork on the omnibus).
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 01-12-2021 at 12:58 AM.

The Birds of Prey: Hero Hunters trade that's due out today was solicited as having Birds of Prey #96 to 103, and that's the content that still appears everywhere.

The back cover is up on mycomishop.com (here), and shows the content to actually be #68 to 80, along with Batgirl #57 and Batman #633.

This makes much more sense because it follows on from the Murder & Mystery collection. It also explains why they're using the cover for #80 as the collection cover.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    The Birds of Prey: Hero Hunters trade that's due out today was solicited as having Birds of Prey #96 to 103, and that's the content that still appears everywhere.

The back cover is up on mycomishop.com (here), and shows the content to actually be #68 to 80, along with Batgirl #57 and Batman #633.

This makes much more sense because it follows on from the Murder & Mystery collection. It also explains why they're using the cover for #80 as the collection cover.
    Just received my copy and the pic Brian posted is correct
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mighty Member

Glad to hear - it made sense (the third collection is 81-91 and due in September) that the solicitation was just always wrong, but it's nice to see. Hopefully two more after that in the near future
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Just received my copy and the pic Brian posted is correct
    Quick update - the Batman & Batgirl issues (War Games crossovers) are not the full issues, its just the pages relating to Black Mask searching for and attacking Oracle's base (so the Batgirl issue skips the parts with, ironically, Batgirl & Onyx and the Batman issue ends before Batman leaves to see Steph before she "dies")

Also the Batgirl cover is skipped, there is only the Matt Wagner Batman cover before the crossover issues
    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._QL80_TTD_.jpg

I was wondering about that........It didn't make sense to me that they apparently skipped a large portion of Gail Simone's BOP run.

Speaking of which, will there be an Omnibus collecting Simone's Birds of Prey?

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Considering they're only putting out trades right now...

who knows?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    I wouldn't bet on it any time soon (say, before 2023). DC goes out of their way to avoid putting out fat trades and omnis of the same material at the same time. Maybe the new regime will change that, or at least speed up the rate of publication (e.g. get the last two BOP trades out quicker in 2022), but I'd still guess no BOP omni for quite awhile
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

While I am double dipping and buying these new editions of Simone's run, I *really* wish they'd finish reprinting Dixon's at some point!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES