View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 610 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1105105606006066076086096106116126136146206607101110 ... LastLast
Results 9,136 to 9,150 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Wooo hooo gotham central omnibus tomorrow!! Who else is picking it up? It will my first time with the material. Although idk about the art, ive seen some pictures and my first impression wasnt that great. It'll grow on me, even if i don't like it it sounds like the story will definitely make up for it.
    what? it's Lark with Gaudiano on inks, it's a great art team with a definite noir tone. Love their stuff (I like Lark separately as well but as far as I can remember his art looks the best when Gaudiano inks it). IIRC the fill in artists were good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    what? it's Lark with Gaudiano on inks, it's a great art team with a definite noir tone. Love their stuff (I like Lark separately as well but as far as I can remember his art looks the best when Gaudiano inks it). IIRC the fill in artists were good too.
    Idk maybe its just not my cup of tea. Then again I only glanced at a few pictures on google image.

Speaking of... I found this in Steve Lieber's etsy store.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Speaking of... I found this in Steve Lieber's etsy store.

WHAT! Oh man, I want that. First time we've actually seen the cover, AFAIK.

Did you happen to take a picture of the spine?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Superman Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 3:

http://www.amazon.com/Superman-Golde...n%3A7421485011

DC are sure moving fast with the Golden and Silver Age Omnibus lines.
    Amazing and Cool!
    So S:GA vol.2 - July '16
    then S:GA vol.3 - Dec '16

That's on top of the Worlds Finest: SA we got earlier this year and JL: SA vol.2, Supergirl: SA vol.1, B: GA vol.2, BtB&B: SA & WW: GA vol.1 all coming this year!

There has to be something contractually I'm thinking as to why we are getting all these. They may sell well enough or sell great but I'm also thinking that there aren't royalties to be paid out(or additional ones) when this material is reprinted.

I'm all for them but material from the Bronze Age up seems to be what's in demand.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Amazing and Cool!
    So S:GA vol.2 - July '16
    then S:GA vol.3 - Dec '16

That's on top of the Worlds Finest: SA we got earlier this year and JL: SA vol.2, Supergirl: SA vol.1, B: GA vol.2, BtB&B: SA & WW: GA vol.1 all coming this year!

There has to be something contractually I'm thinking as to why we are getting all these. They may sell well enough or sell great but I'm also thinking that there aren't royalties to be paid out(or additional ones) when this material is reprinted.

I'm all for them but material from the Bronze Age up seems to be what's in demand.

Were also getting SA: Flash Vol 2, SA: Teen Titans and SA: Suicide Squad as well. Its starting to get a little tricky keeping track of everything which is an entirely new problem to have with DCs omnibus output

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    WHAT! Oh man, I want that. First time we've actually seen the cover, AFAIK.

Did you happen to take a picture of the spine?
    I don't have it. It's a picture Steve Lieber took of his copy. He put it up for sale in his etsy store. This was the only picture there.

All-New Member

I really hope that someone who picks up the Gotham Central omni will post pics. I have the series custom bound, but if the binding and quality is good, I want to upgrade. Hoping for something more along the lines of the Perez WW Omni.

I respect the pattern they're doing for the GA/SA books, but I really wish they'd put out modern books along with them.
    For every popular omnibus or absolute DC puts out each month, it seems like Marvel puts out 4.
    I bought GL omnibus 3, but I honestly can't recall the last DC big book I bought before that.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    I respect the pattern they're doing for the GA/SA books, but I really wish they'd put out modern books along with them.
    For every popular omnibus or absolute DC puts out each month, it seems like Marvel puts out 4.
    I bought GL omnibus 3, but I honestly can't recall the last DC big book I bought before that.
    Yeah. As someone who has no interest in having most of the GA/SA stuff in OHC, it's pretty frustrating. Instead of a Morrison Batman Omni, or a Waid Flash, we get GA Worlds Finest and Brave and the Bold (Hodgepodge edition).
    Cyclops was right

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DC are slowly gathering speed on the Omnibus front. We were all at one point lamenting the lack of Batman Omnibusses and now we have SIX Batman oriented Omnis released or in the works - Golden Age Vol. 1&2, World's Finest, The Brave & The Bold, Neal Adams and with a pinch Gotham Central. Now that's pretty impressive.

But yes, I do agree that it would be cool to have some more modern work Omnified.

Just ordered the gotham central omnibus!!!! Cant wait! Ive heard people say its like the Law and Order tv show but in gotham. Would you guys agree with that? I love law and order and I love batman so for me it would be a match made in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Ha ha, I bet the last one out was by Geoff Johns whatever it was.

I agree, they need to stray a little bit. Lot of either super old stuff or it's Johns and Morrison.

(Thankfully, we got the Gotham Central to look forward to!)

i'm jealous of all the people that are going to be reading gotham central for the first time in that awesome looking omnibus. one of my favorite all-time series. i have the four hardcovers, so i highly doubt i'll be upgrading.
    formerly 'weeks'

Incredible Member

I wasn't going to upgrade my Gotham Central HCs but now that I see that omnibus... Hmm... Maybe. We'll see if I can control myself when I see it at my LCS.