View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 719 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2196196697097157167177187197207217227237297698191219 ... LastLast
Results 10,771 to 10,785 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Is this Manapul Flash omni that is coming out good enough to be Absoluted at some point? I'm trying to steer clear of regular or even OHC's lately, and i know nothing at all about this book, so will probably steer clear of it unless it's excellent
    Imo, the writing is at best decent and at worst boring and forgetable. This book is really all about the art, which is fantastic.
    Make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Wally's a better Flash than Barry, but no matter what Wally's story begins with "My Uncle Barry died saving the universe and-" and so that's not the best way to position the Flash IP for mass consumption by newcomers, like, say, in a television show or movie or both. It isn't a clean and simple origin story, and more importantly it doesn't really feel like starting at the beginning of the tale, which for better or worse people expect to be able to do with their entertainment media these days. So, for this day and age, Barry was always going to have to come back to life.

It's okay. Barry doesn't suck or anything. And, well, this new character really just shares the name and occupation of the Barry Allen who died decades ago, and not really his personality or backstory anymore. He's got a long road to go to catch up to Wally, but I think he'll get there.
    I think we just saw Wally grow up though. Jot just physically, buy from taking the mantle of his hero, to bring his hero and even surpassing him.

The problem I have with Barry is his personality. With the Green Lanterns, its so distinct between them all, that even with no art and just text you can probably guess which is which. Barry and Wally have a strikingly identical personality. Not that they are the same person exactly, but they're too alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Imo, the writing is at best decent and at worst boring and forgetable. This book is really all about the art, which is fantastic.
    Make of that what you will.
    Cheers, I think I'll give it a miss then

Any info on this Wonder Woman 75th Special? Will it be a normal floppy? I hope, but doubt it will be like that Tec Comics #27 they had a few years back, where it was like a super tiny collected edition.

Started reading Wednesday Comics again. I don't know why I never finished it. Oh well. I get to reread some of these great stories.

I really wish DC would do more of these types of stories. And Solo. Solo was so great.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Any info on this Wonder Woman 75th Special? Will it be a normal floppy? I hope, but doubt it will be like that Tec Comics #27 they had a few years back, where it was like a super tiny collected edition.
    If you mean "Wonder Woman: A Celebration of 75 Years", it is pretty much the same as the other books in this series: An overview of the character with sample stories from different eras, with lots of different writers and artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertl View Post
    If you mean "Wonder Woman: A Celebration of 75 Years", it is pretty much the same as the other books in this series: An overview of the character with sample stories from different eras, with lots of different writers and artists.
    There will be a special issue with original content coming out this week. Its 80 pages long and features works from lots of previous WW artists/writers.

Reading through Wednesday Comics.....

I could go for a proper Kamandi Omnibus or 2.
    Last edited by ER Prest; 10-25-2016 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Reading through Wednesday Comics.....

I could for a proper Kamandi Omnibus or 2.
    I would love a Kamandi ongoing from the same creative team as the Wednesday Comics story. Sook did an INCREDIBLE job on art.

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    I would love a Kamandi ongoing from the same creative team as the Wednesday Comics story. Sook did an INCREDIBLE job on art.
    That would be cool too. Or a Paul Pope Kamandi.

But a real collection of Kirby's stuff would be rad

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

They're reprinting Young Justice!!! Hell Yeah!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...011&pldnSite=1
    Cyclops was right

Hi everyone,
    I have never read them, but I have heard good things about the Earth One- series. Are the worth picking them up? Would you consider them worthy of a Deluxe or even Absolute edition?
    I've read on Wikipedia, that obviously there have been plans for additional books (Flash, Aquaman), which did not happen until now. Does anybody know something about this? Are they cancelled or just delayed? What else is to be expected?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,
    I have never read them, but I have heard good things about the Earth One- series. Are the worth picking them up? Would you consider them worthy of a Deluxe or even Absolute edition?
    I've read on Wikipedia, that obviously there have been plans for additional books (Flash, Aquaman), which did not happen until now. Does anybody know something about this? Are they cancelled or just delayed? What else is to be expected?

Many thanks in advance.
    There's been no news or updates about the OGN since their announcement. Wonder Woman Earth One was the last one to be released, and even that tookngorever to become released. The same can be said about Multiversity Too, it was announced and there have been zero updates about it. I'm sure its not canceled, it'll just take time before they release them.

Hi everyone,

Many thanks in advance.
    Read the 2 Superman ones from JMS and they were quite bad IMHO, absolutely failed to modernise Superman in any interesting way. Liked the first Batman one although it's more like some crazy dude in a bat suit than anything Batman we knew so far but I had fun with it, haven't read the 2nd one yet. Gary Frank on art is really freaking cool though.
    The WW one was an interesting take from Morrison with great Paquette art but I wouldn't say it revolutionised anything.
    I have no interest in Teen Titans, heard it's okay. If there would be an omnibus I would buy it but would hesitate a bit because I really disliked JMS's Superman.

Hi everyone,

Many thanks in advance.
    The Superman ones are fairly meh, Teen Titans is good (not great), and Batman is fantastic. I'd love to see Batman Earth One eventually get a OHC once there are like three graphic novel volumes of it.