View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Mighty Member
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

So in order to collect Batman Detective Comis, Deluxe edition finishes at 984. Then I have to get Vol 8 and 9 in TPB but will end up double dipping on 983 and 984. Then get the Vol 1 regular size hardcover which skips issue 1000, so I have to get Issue #1000 deluxe edition.

Yet Action Comics got Deluxe Editions all the way through to #1000.

Lol what a clusterfuck of a department.
    Last edited by Punjabi_Hitman; 03-23-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Thanks.

Surprised they are continuing the Injustice deluxe line with the Omni announcement. See they're releasing v2 of Promethea before v2 of Animal Man, even though v1 has been out longer for the latter. Some good stuff in here though, even with the questionable direction of some lines.

Point is moot for me, however, as I've gotten out of the game for the time being, having sold most off my collection recently. Probably still pick up a couple things here and there

Amazing Member

So The Caped Crusader 3 is not cancelled it seems.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

I'll be in for Absolute Arkham Asylum.
    Miller was right.

Batman Black and White omni, was thinking about this the other day and if they would ever release one, if memory serves, it was pretty good but (I think) it drove me mad as vol one was released as a HC but subsequent vols were released as trades, also what is Batman eternal about?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post
    So The Caped Crusader 3 is not cancelled it seems.
    That really surprised me. Are they actually cancelling The Dark Knight Detective, but continuing The Caped Crusader? Does this make any sense?

Mighty Member

Lots of mostly expected stuff in the catalog, but a few things really make me happy:

*Birds of Prey collections - hopefully the Simone run gets entirely re-collected in the thicker format. Also, it'll be great to get Huntress: Cry for Blood in tpb w/o paying $40. Maybe they'll do a movie sequel w/Renee as the Question ASAP so we can get Question: Pipeline re-issued

*Very weird to see Batman: Family and Gotham Knights getting collected now, but more power to them.

*GA/GL getting thick collections is cool, but HC at $50 is not really for me. I'll wait for tpb. This seems like Legion: 5YL - it'll disappear and hopefully get resolicited

*Hopefully DC keeps the same trade dress for Flash's 80th that Batman and Superman got. I'll keep getting 80th anniversary collections as long as they all match on the shelf
    Last edited by bob.schoonover; 03-24-2019 at 06:00 AM.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Lots of mostly expected stuff in the catalog, but a few things really make me happy:

*Birds of Prey collections - hopefully the Simone run gets entirely re-collected in the thicker format. Also, it'll be great to get Huntress: Cry for Blood in tpb w/o paying $40. Maybe they'll do a sequel w/Renee as the Question ASAP so we can get Question: Pipeline re-issued

*Very weird to see Batman: Family and Gotham Knights getting collected now, but more power to them.

I'm happy to see Gail Simone's Birds of Prey run being recollected, as well.....I was hoping for an omnibus release of her work on BoP, but I'll be satisfied with this. The early part of her BoP run is some of her best work (Along with Villains United).

I'm also surprised by the Batman: Family tpb release.....That's one of my favorite Batman storylines, and I wasn't expecting it to ever be released in collected form. It'll probably go under the radar, but hopefully it'll get good sales.

The Adam Hughes cover art Absolute collection is something I might get.......Doomsday Clock I'll wait on an Absolute edition for, while Morrison's Green Lantern run I'll wait on the inevitable omnibus.

I like Venditti's run on Freedom Fighters. I'd prefer to get a hardcover collection of this title, but I doubt sales are high enough for them to release it in that format, so I'll likely have to settle for the tpbs.

I'm currently reading Knightfall in Omnibus format, and it's making me really want to pause and go reread Venom, probably my favourite Batman story.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Is Batman in Brave & the Bold: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 3 really cancelled?

That HC of O’Neill and Grell’s GL/GA, makes me think there’s no immediate plan for a Bronze Age Green Lantern Omnibus.
    The HC will I presume be starting with #90, so can’t see an Omnibus with the same material coming out around the same time.

Damn, so it looks like the initial BoP tpbs have been abandoned at issue 21. (this isn't a dig at Simone's run, I just wish we got the books that led to hers)

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mhanna885 View Post
    Is Batman in Brave & the Bold: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 3 really cancelled?

DiDio says it's only delayed.
    Miller was right.

Amazing Member

Has that Legends of the Dark Knight: Steve Englehart volume been teased before? That should be a strong seller considering the demand for the Strange Apparitions tpb. I already have SA, but I'll definitely pick this one up anyway, just wish I didn't have a patchwork representation of the Bronze/Copper Era Bats.... some day my omnis will come.