View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1421 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 4219211321137114111417141814191420142114221423142414251431 ... LastLast
Results 21,301 to 21,315 of 21673
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    Less than zero.
    I would say "Never say never" considering how they finally released the last Young Justice TPB after a 2 year gap and Superman omnibus 7 after a 3 year gap
    Last edited by JAG2045; 12-16-2022 at 11:48 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    I would say "Never say never" considering how they finally released the last Young Justice TPB after a 2 year gap and Superman omnibus 7 after a 3 year gap
    We are not talking about Omnibusses. And the last issues of Jim Balent’s Catwoman and Peter David‘s Supergirl are not two years ago, but four! This will just not happen, especially when you take into account the latest dramatically dwindling numbers of classic reprints.

Incredible Member

Speaking of dramatically dwindling, we are pretty much one month away from the last announced Omnibus from DC. The reprint of Tomasi’s Batman and Robin, releasing January 17th (according to Amazon). There are some others between now and then, but after that we are blind to any future omnibus editions, new or reprint. It’s going to be a sad day.

Incredible Member

OPB overview of Superman Golden Age Omnibus 7

Incredible Member

OPB overview of "Who's Who Omnibus 2"

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Conversation Starter: What canceled collection do you wish the most actually got released?

Personally I wish DC went through with the Before Watchmen: Blue Beetle and Question hardcover. I thought the title was a bit shameless, but it would've been nice to see the Charlton Blue Beetle and Question material reprinted.

A close second would be the Monster Society of Evil hardcover. The CC Beck/Otto Binder run is considered legendary and one of the best comics of the Golden Age. The audience that reads Golden Age comics are well aware of the potentially racist content that's a staple of comics made in the 1940s.

I'm aware that Steamboat is a major character in those old CM comics, but there's depiction of black face in Golden Age Wonder Woman comics and yellow face in Golden Age Captain America comics and those have been reprinted.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 12-17-2022 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Conversation Starter: What canceled collection do you wish the most actually got released?
    Justice Society Of America The Complete Series By Len Strazewski And Mike Parobeck

Incredible Member

Probably Starman: The Cosmic Omnibus vol 1, but a close second would be that Golden Age Flash omni that was listed on Amazon for a while.

A couple I'd forgotten about that were actually solicited then withdrawn:

Aquaman by Peter David vol. 3
    Power of Shazam Vol. 2 - The Worm Turns
    LEgion of Super-Heroes 5 Years Later Vol. 1 - I know this became an Omnibus instead but I found that book too unwieldy

BANNED

Conversation Starter: What canceled collection do you wish the most actually got collected?.
    Jim Balent’s Catwoman
    Peter David’s Supergirl
    Zero Hour Legion of Super-Heroes
    Kyle Rayner Green Lantern
    Chuck Dixon’s Robin
    Shadow of the Bat
    Chuck Dixon’s Birds of Prey
    Cassandra Cain Batgirl

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    A couple I'd forgotten about that were actually solicited then withdrawn:

Aquaman by Peter David vol. 3
    Power of Shazam Vol. 2 - The Worm Turns
    LEgion of Super-Heroes 5 Years Later Vol. 1 - I know this became an Omnibus instead but I found that book too unwieldy
    With regard to books that were announced but never materialized, I’d go with Peter David’s Aquaman, Connor Hawke Green Arrow, and Impulse.

Incredible Member

Batman Golden Age Omnibus 1-9 and Batman Silver Age Omnibus 1 - now we need DC to release Golden Age Omnibus 10 to plug that gap!

https://attachment.tapatalk-cdn.com/...72YROXJYGYDADA
    Last edited by JAG2045; 12-20-2022 at 05:13 PM.

Batman Golden Age Omnibus 1-9 and Batman Silver Age Omnibus 1 - now we need DC to release Golden Age Omnibus 10 to plug that gap!

Holy shameless acts DC! I can't understand how the company did this seeing that Batman is so popular and always sells well, is there anyone in charge of this series we could write too?
    Hail Hydra!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

It is a great run but for sure this gap needs to be plugged. Despite the glacial activity out of the DC CE dept I have to believe someone(s) are working on a Batman GA vol.10 even if it is just one of their duties.
    For instance Employee X has 8 projects they are working on with a varied state of urgency due to....reasons but B:GA vol.10 is one of those. So where other projects may get hours each day per week devoted to them perhaps our book only gets a few hours on just one day a week....but it is coming!!!! *fingers crossed*
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime