View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 839 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3397397898298358368378388398408418428438498899391339 ... LastLast
Results 12,571 to 12,585 of 21672
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Yeah, there's like 12-13 issues. What "tie-in" issues are you referring to?
    He means these http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Da..._War_One_Shots

Aso, no sign of Absolute Transmet 3 again... starting to get a little worried now 10 months between the release of volume 1 and 2, 18 months after volume 2 and no sign of 3...

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Just noticed the Kirby Fourth World Omni is listed at $150. Yikes. I hope that gets revised downward. Otherwise, I believe that would be the first $150 omnibus from the Big 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    Just noticed the Kirby Fourth World Omni is listed at $150. Yikes. I hope that gets revised downward. Otherwise, I believe that would be the first $150 omnibus from the Big 2.
    Uh.. Invisibles, Doom Patrol, Johns' Teen Titans.

Dark Tower, Dark Tower Gunslinger, Stand.

There have been a number of 150 priced omnibus books.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Here's the complete storyarc:

Justice League #40
    FCBD 2015 – DC Comics: Divergence (2015) #1
    Justice League #41
    Justice League #42
    Justice League #43
    Justice League #44
    Justice League: Darkseid War: Batman (2015-) #1
    Justice League #45
    Justice League: Darkseid War: Flash (2015-) #1
    Justice League: Darkseid War: Superman (2015) #1
    Justice League #46
    The Darkseid War: Green Lantern
    The Darkseid War: Shazam
    DC Presents 100 Page Spectacular: Darkseid War (Entirely optional, review of old stories)
    The Darkseid War: Lex Luthor
    Justice League #47 (Second Act Begins)
    Justice League #48
    Justice League #49
    Justice League #50
    Justice League #51
    Justice League #52

That's 21 issues. Still a very small omnibus.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Here's the complete storyarc:

Justice League #40
    FCBD 2015 – DC Comics: Divergence (2015) #1
    Justice League #41
    Justice League #42
    Justice League #43
    Justice League #44
    Justice League: Darkseid War: Batman (2015-) #1
    Justice League #45
    Justice League: Darkseid War: Flash (2015-) #1
    Justice League: Darkseid War: Superman (2015) #1
    Justice League #46
    The Darkseid War: Green Lantern
    The Darkseid War: Shazam
    DC Presents 100 Page Spectacular: Darkseid War (Entirely optional, review of old stories)
    The Darkseid War: Lex Luthor
    Justice League #47 (Second Act Begins)
    Justice League #48
    Justice League #49
    Justice League #50
    Justice League #51
    Justice League #52

That's 21 issues. Still a very small omnibus.
    #51 and #52 are not part of the Darksied War. I believe one is about Dick Grayson as Robin meeting the JL and the other I can't remember. I think its just set up for Rebirth.

Have to be honest, I am not sure how collected editions work when it comes to DC, since I don't have that many. However, how is New 52 Batman & Robin getting omnibus treatment & not Snyder's Batman?

Now I love both titles, so I am actually quite happy we are getting a B&R omni. However, Snyder's Batman was praised up & down, so I am a little confused.

So looking a bit deeper, I also have some small issues with what I see. I made a post on the DC Fat trades thread about the Supergirl Volume 5 collections. I'm now seeing v.4 here, which makes me worried. (Its a long post, but tl;Dr is they're out of uniform, despite being released in the same timeframe.) However, I am glad that by January, well have 4 Peter David Supergirl Books. So excited.

I don't understand why Johns' Flash book 4 was pushed all the way to December, while DC releases Teen Titans, Hawkman and JSA all in between. Once again, can we finish one Johns book before starting another? Although I am glad these are getting a collection/new printing. The Mark Waid Flash Book 3 looks yo start at issue #83. Which means the previous solits about the contents of Book two seem to be true. But of course, can change at any time.

And while I'm thrilled they finally announce a Wonder Wan Rebirth HC (and WW& the Justice League V.2) I'm puzzled why it only contains the first 12 issues (and probably the Rebirth issue as well). I kind of expected them to pair tstory arcs together, with the Lies being with The Truth, ecr, and that's why it was taking so long. It would've made a smoother, single story, and perhaps worth the longer wait. But seeing as the contents are linear, I don't understand their reasoning.

I'm also confused about Aquaman, The Waterbearer V.2. When was v.1 released? I'll have to do some digging, but was this the short lived Vietch run he did before Sub Diego?

And finally, I know Kamandi and Fourth World Omni's are a must buy for me, but how are Mister Miracle and Orion? Worth picking up as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Have to be honest, I am not sure how collected editions work when it comes to DC, since I don't have that many. However, how is New 52 Batman & Robin getting omnibus treatment & not Snyder's Batman?

Now I love both titles, so I am actually quite happy we are getting a B&R omni. However, Snyder's Batman was praised up & down, so I am a little confused.
    Purely a wild guess, but they could be considering Absolutes for that entire run and don't want to risk cannibalizing the sales by doing omnis first, like the Azzarello Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Purely a wild guess, but they could be considering Absolutes for that entire run and don't want to risk cannibalizing the sales by doing omnis first, like the Azzarello Wonder Woman.
    That's my guess as well. Considering how many reprintings, unwrapped, noir and sets there are. If they released the full run, it would mean less sales...?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Uh.. Invisibles, Doom Patrol, Johns' Teen Titans.

Dark Tower, Dark Tower Gunslinger, Stand.

There have been a number of 150 priced omnibus books.
    Sandman 1 and 2, 52, JSA 2...
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    That's my guess as well. Considering how many reprintings, unwrapped, noir and sets there are. If they released the full run, it would mean less sales...?
    Makes sense! I have the Absolute Wonder Woman and Chiang's over-sized art looks amazing! So I would definitely be patient for Capullo's work in that format.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Makes sense! I have the Absolute Wonder Woman and Chiang's over-sized art looks amazing! So I would definitely be patient for Capullo's work in that format.
    Just in case you don't already know, there is already an Absolute volume of Court/Night of Owls.
    I could see them doing a volume with all of Zero Year, a volume with Death of the Family and Endgame combined, and one with Gordon Robobat.

Incredible Member

Blah. Some decent stuff there but of course still no Absolute Transmetropolitan 3... the final damn book. Come on DC.

Fanboyed over at the FB collectors group so none of that here, just giving some thoughts.

Thrilled all this is getting solicited, but after calming down, I've decided I'm not gonna get my hopes up for even half of these actually releasing. Anyone have stats/lists for many DC books have been cancelled previous years? Curious.

I don't get what DC's plan is with Johns' JL honestly, it looks to be a repeat of Morrison's Bat saga. A trade boxset for the first half, an absolute for the first two trades, and an omnibus for the last arc, wtf? Only thing about the listings that irks me. Lots of JL oversized books I noticed, must be a result of the JL movie dropping. I'm glad the N52 material(Grayson, B&R, Harley) are getting omni'd
    but how odd Snyder Bats still hasn't gotten an the same treatment. They could do the whole thing in 2-3 more absolutes but I'd rather those slots be used for shorter series or something from Vertigo. There seems to be a limit to how many absolutes they can put out in a year but it looks like they're breaking that rule(we've Absolute WW, Preacher 2, Y:The Last Man 3, and now WildC.A.T.S., Authority reprint, World's Greatest Superheroes, JL: Origin).

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    So looking a bit deeper, I also have some small issues with what I see. I made a post on the DC Fat trades thread about the Supergirl Volume 5 collections. I'm now seeing v.4 here, which makes me worried. (Its a long post, but tl;Dr is they're out of uniform, despite being released in the same timeframe.) However, I am glad that by January, well have 4 Peter David Supergirl Books. So excited.

I don't understand why Johns' Flash book 4 was pushed all the way to December, while DC releases Teen Titans, Hawkman and JSA all in between. Once again, can we finish one Johns book before starting another? Although I am glad these are getting a collection/new printing. The Mark Waid Flash Book 3 looks yo start at issue #83. Which means the previous solits about the contents of Book two seem to be true. But of course, can change at any time.

And while I'm thrilled they finally announce a Wonder Wan Rebirth HC (and WW& the Justice League V.2) I'm puzzled why it only contains the first 12 issues (and probably the Rebirth issue as well). I kind of expected them to pair tstory arcs together, with the Lies being with The Truth, ecr, and that's why it was taking so long. It would've made a smoother, single story, and perhaps worth the longer wait. But seeing as the contents are linear, I don't understand their reasoning.

I'm also confused about Aquaman, The Waterbearer V.2. When was v.1 released? I'll have to do some digging, but was this the short lived Vietch run he did before Sub Diego?

And finally, I know Kamandi and Fourth World Omni's are a must buy for me, but how are Mister Miracle and Orion? Worth picking up as well?
    The Waterbearer TPB was released in 2004.

Re Mister Miracle everything listed in the trade is also in the Fourth World Omnibus so watch out for the double-dip.

Orion by Walt Simonson is great. Maybe not quite as good as his Thor run but pretty close. The Omnibus is still available if you want to go down that route.