View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I don't think you need any prior knowledge about these characters to enjoy the series.
    As for what it's about: it's the greatest team that never was! 7 miniseries that add up to a bigger whole. Each is about one of the team members but it's not really a team. A unique experiment with the format and I think if you like Morrison you won't be disappointed.
    I think i've read the series twice and i still don't get it

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I think i've read the series twice and i still don't get it
    which part in particular? The only part I'm confused about is Mr Miracle but that to me is the weakest link and it had more to do with setting up Final Crisis then 7SoV. Also the art is not that great on it which made it harder to care for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Speaking of the Super-Sons omni, the rrp dropped back down from £60 to £40, so with the 35% off, it's £26 at the moment on Amazon.
    EDITED

thanks for the info!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    IST even had a 1-copy per customer limit for the Morrison Batman omnibus when I ordered it. I guess there was high demand and they were selling out too quickly.
    Amazon.co.uk had Morrison's Batman Omnibus go out of stock the day of release, but I think quite a lot of people had preordered it (£39) and enough of them (I was one of them) queried customer service when they were getting new copies in, and they eventually did and it is now readily available.

Avengers Hickman Vol. 2 Omnibus was another one that was out of stock on amazon.co.uk on the day of release and remains so to this day but is available everywhere else. Strange.

I wonder why IST don't/can't get any more copies of the Morrison Omnibus?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    which part in particular? The only part I'm confused about is Mr Miracle but that to me is the weakest link and it had more to do with setting up Final Crisis then 7SoV. Also the art is not that great on it which made it harder to care for me.
    Agreed! But over I suppose. I need to give it another try, but I'm always out of it and mildly bored before I even get to the next series of issues.

IST even had a 1-copy per customer limit for the Morrison Batman omnibus when I ordered it. I guess there was high demand and they were selling out too quickly.
    I can't even find it on their website. Useless search system. Do you have a link?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    What DC Rebirth titles are available in Deluxe Hardcover?
    Superman, Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Justice League, Nightwing, Suicide Squad, Harley Quinn and Green Arrow.

Edit: oops, I didn't realize VanWinkle had already answered your question, not to mention I completely forgot about Justice League of America, probably because a second volume never got solicited. I wonder how long the other Deluxe HC lines will keep going.
    Last edited by Starro; 08-17-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Aquaman issues 25-30 are also getting a deluxe.

https://www.amazon.com/Aquaman-Delux...deluxe+edition

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I can't even find it on their website. Useless search system. Do you have a link?
    Yeah, IST search system doesn't show OOS books in the results. https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/...L-01/FEB180294

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I think they take it out of their search results when they no longer have it in stock and aren't able to get more copies.....I couldn't find it via their search feature, but I did find the link in my order history:

https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/...mer)/FEB180294

edit: Oops....I left my browser open for 10-15 minutes before reading it and didn't see QComix's response before posting mine.

I think they take it out of their search results when they no longer have it in stock and aren't able to get more copies.....I couldn't find it via their search feature, but I did find the link in my order history:

https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/...mer)/FEB180294

edit: Oops....I left my browser open for 10-15 minutes before reading it and didn't see QComix's response before posting mine.
    Yeah, I'm torn on this. On one hand, if it's not there, then it's out of stock, fine. On the other hand, you wonder, "is it there and I'm just not seeing it?"
    But compared to CGN, which lists everything since the dawn of time, and it feels like 80% of everything is listed as "out of stock"; it almost feels like a tease when you see it and then realize you can't have it.
    So I'm not sure which is better...
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Yeah, I'm torn on this. On one hand, if it's not there, then it's out of stock, fine. On the other hand, you wonder, "is it there and I'm just not seeing it?"
    But compared to CGN, which lists everything since the dawn of time, and it feels like 80% of everything is listed as "out of stock"; it almost feels like a tease when you see it and then realize you can't have it.
    So I'm not sure which is better...
    It's definitely not there, and as I wrote earlier why can't IST get more copies in if amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk have it?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    It's definitely not there, and as I wrote earlier why can't IST get more copies in if amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk have it?
    Amazon may simply have that much more stock and there isn't a huge stock in a warehouse somewhere at the moment. I found the same thing with the War of Kings omnibus. On the other hand, IST seems to have stock of some MMW volumes long after they are out of stock on Amazon etc

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:15 PM.