View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Amazing Member

Amazon sent an email this morning saying this :

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed:

Giffen, Keith "Legion of Super-Heroes: Five Years Later Vol. 1"
    Estimated arrival date: July 29, 2019 - August 05, 2019

I thought the book had been cancelled. Could it actually be coming out this summer ?
    Last edited by rtk79; 06-19-2019 at 12:51 PM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Oh, happy, happy day.

In Dec 2017 and in Sept 2018, I sent DC long emails on collecting Morrison's Batman run and a pdf copy of a print out of Chris Burnham's old long gone CBR post (he had two, but I only sent one) giving his "Morrison supergeek" reading order for B&R, RoBW, Batman #700-702 (and minus Batman The Return).

And my god, DC listened (and passed along my suggestions they told me) and in the end gave us that very order in Batman by Grant Morrison Omnibus Vol 2!

I thank them so much. I'm so happy.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-19-2019 at 04:26 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Oh, happy, happy day.

In Dec 2017 and in Sept 2018, I sent DC long emails on collecting Morrison's Batman run and a pdf copy of a print out of Chris Burnham's old long gone CBR post (he had two, but I only sent one) giving his "Morrison supergeek" reading order for B&R, RoBW, Batman #700-702 (and minus Batman The Return).

And my god, DC listened (and passed along my suggestions they told me) and in the end gave us that very order in Batman by Grant Morrison Omnibus Vol 2!

Well done. I was originally ambivalent about the order, but after seeing how they did Knightfall v2, I'm glad someone intervened. I won't have my copy for a couple weeks, but I'm incredibly excited. Morrison's run is still the highwater mark for me.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rtk79 View Post
    Amazon sent an email this morning saying this :

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed:

Giffen, Keith "Legion of Super-Heroes: Five Years Later Vol. 1"
    Estimated arrival date: July 29, 2019 - August 05, 2019

I thought the book had been cancelled. Could it actually be coming out this summer ?
    I hope no one got their hopes up on account of this, because it turns out Amazon was just trolling. They sent me another email saying the LSH book was back to its 2080 release date. Sorry everyone !

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Oh, happy, happy day.

Bold claim

I don’t think these have been mentioned yet

Absolute Batman: The Dark Knight: The Master Race https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/14012996..._BHrdDbZXMVJN8

Absolute DC: The New Frontier 15th Anniversary Edition https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/17795013..._UIrdDbEMSVKY2

I’m tempted to get new frontier again just for the special that is now included
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 06-21-2019 at 10:53 AM.

How would people map out a 2 volume JLA by Morrison Omnibus set ?

What would people include in the 2 vol’s ?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    How would people map out a 2 volume JLA by Morrison Omnibus set ?

What would people include in the 2 vol’s ?
    Is this where I make my stand that Aztek needs to be included in the collection for the whole thing to land? Honestly, just concatenating the four collections into two volumes would work just fine. As a completionist, it'd be nice if they filled in the non-Morrison issues just so the omnibuses went 1-41, but I'm fine either way.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Since its unlikely Aztek gets its own 12 issue complete TPB anytime, if ever, including it in a Morrison JLA Omni would be a solid idea I could support.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Hey guys, I'm mostly over in the Marvel collected editions thread, but I gotta ask - Alan Moore's Absolute Swamp thing vol. 1 - is it coming out next week or in October??

Amazon and TOW say October, while IST says next week...

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Is this where I make my stand that Aztek needs to be included in the collection for the whole thing to land? Honestly, just concatenating the four collections into two volumes would work just fine. As a completionist, it'd be nice if they filled in the non-Morrison issues just so the omnibuses went 1-41, but I'm fine either way.
    Im all for that with regards to Aztec. I would want DC One Million in there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Hey guys, I'm mostly over in the Marvel collected editions thread, but I gotta ask - Alan Moore's Absolute Swamp thing vol. 1 - is it coming out next week or in October??

Amazon and TOW say October, while IST says next week...
    I'm pretty sure October. Both Edelweiss and Penguin Random House say October. DC's website says next week, which was the original date, but I remember back in February it was canceled and quickly solicited again for October. There was an article about what the issue was, but yeah, should be October.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Absolute DC: The New Frontier 15th Anniversary Edition https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/17795013..._UIrdDbEMSVKY2

I’m tempted to get new frontier again just for the special that is now included
    The most recent paperback from 2016 already included this special:

https://www.amazon.com/DC-New-Fronti...gateway&sr=8-1

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Im all for that with regards to Aztec. I would want DC One Million in there as well.
    I'm a bit torn on this - because there is the giant One Million omni, it'd be kind of cool to break up the two Morrison ones as before and after volumes (of course, I say this as someone that already owns the One Million omni). I would absolutely trade out those 6 issues for Aztek* . Granted, I'm sure DC would change the trade dress so that the three volumes all looked different on the shelves . . .

*If for some reason it was a "one or the other" situation, which would be weird.

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    The most recent paperback from 2016 already included this special:

https://www.amazon.com/DC-New-Fronti...gateway&sr=8-1
    Yeah, not a paperback collector, as New Fromtier is one of my favourite stories I’d like to have the whole thing as an absolute, just trying to decide if it’s worth me selling the one I have to get the new expanded one

What I don’t want is some stupid ‘15th anniversary edition’ banner plastered all over it
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 06-22-2019 at 05:20 AM.