View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    ROBIN: THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS
    stories and art by various
    new cover by MIKE GRELL
    The 1970s stories of Batman’s sidekick Robin, now college age, are collected for the very first time! In these stories, Robin has moved out from the shadow of Batman to attend college, where he continues to battle crime. Collecting dozens of stories in which Robin deals with bullying, motorcycle gangs, campus protests and much more. Collects BATMAN #192, #202, #213, #227, #229-231, #234-236, #239, #240-242, #244, #245, #248-250, #252, #254, #259, #333, #337-339 and #341-343; DETECTIVE COMICS #390-391, #394, #395, #398-403, #445, #447, #450, #451 and #481-495; BATMAN FAMILY #1, #3-9 and #11-20; WORLD’S FINEST COMICS #200 and DC COMICS PRESENTS #31 and #58.
    ON SALE 04.22.20
    $125.00 US | 912 PAGES
    This one I am interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Why is the 4th Deluxe of King's Batman spine black when all 3 before that were white? Anybody know why DC would make such a *@#%-headed decision?
    They did it with the TP spines before. Rebirth ended, so new design.
    Same bullshit decision as for the new 52/DC You era.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    DC's Oversized Hardcover sales for June 2019:

96. Batman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 7 - 804
    Have the numbers on this gone up? I seem to recall the GA Bats&Supes selling 6-700 units for awhile(vol.3-5?). If my memory is right do we attribute that to folks who had the Archives getting on board after holding out now that these Omnis are collecting previously material previously not reprinted?
    We are so close to the end of Batman Golden Age Omni line now, volume 8 has been solicited! One more to go!

That Robin Omni has my interest.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Aaaandd another bumch of stuff I dont care about, since i already have the 4th World Omni,
    Cyclops was right

Mighty Member

Spring catalog up on Edelweiss
    https://www.edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4387556&page=1

Some interesting tidbits:

Flash by Waid v7 (142-150), leaving just one more volume to wrap up his run and get to Johns

WW by Messner-Loebs v1 (63, 64, 67-75)

Superman/Batman Omnibus: Superman/Batman #1-43, Superman/Batman Annual #1-2, and stories from Superman/Batman: Secret Files #1

World's Finest HC (195-214)

Doomsday Clock v2
    Last edited by bob.schoonover; 07-25-2019 at 09:22 AM.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post

Some interesting tidbits:

Flash by Waid v7 (142-150), leaving just one more volume to wrap up his run and get to Johns

Superman/Batman Omnibus: Superman/Batman #1-43, Superman/Batman Annual #1-2, and stories from Superman/Batman: Secret Files #1

World's Finest HC (195-214)

Doomsday Clock v2
    No Batman Brave And Bold Bronze Age Omnibus #3, no JLA Bronze Age Omnibus #3, no other Bronze Age Omnibus (except for the Robin one) - very disappointing

The flood of Bronze Age HCs shows that DC wants us to buy these instead. Later, 5 or 10 years in the future, we'll then see Bronze Age Omnibusses to buy this all again - cynical marketing ...

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    No Batman Brave And Bold Bronze Age Omnibus #3, no JLA Bronze Age Omnibus #3, no other Bronze Age Omnibus (except for the Robin one) - very disappointing

The flood of Bronze Age HCs shows that DC wants us to buy these instead. Later, 5 or 10 years in the future, we'll then see Bronze Age Omnibusses to buy this all again - cynical marketing ...
    Yeah I was unhappy they are not in there, if they bail on those two completely will be very disappointing. Good way to screw over fans I want the Robin omnibus, but feel should not buy any of them as they cannot be trusted to complete it.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I never thought I'd see the day...?!?

His run isn't the most highly regarded, but I loved it! The contents is probably off though; WML wrote #66, and the 1992 WW Special should be included, as it's part 1 on the story that finished in #63.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I never thought I'd see the day...?!?

His run isn't the most highly regarded, but I loved it! The contents is probably off though; WML wrote #66, and the 1992 WW Special should be included, as it's part 1 on the story that finished in #63.
    It includes the special and Annual 3. I forgot to list the rest of the contents because I was working out in my head if I thought they'd do 76-89 in a v2 to run up to the Deodato collection or do WML in three volumes and supplant the Deodato one. I didn't get anywhere with that . . .

Between this and the Flash: Savage Velocity collection, they're really making an effort to get some books almost completely collected (WW will take a lot more work between Byrne and Jimenez). It's really nice, even if I'm sure there are going to be these really stupid gaps that prevent me from saying I have a complete run on the shelf . . .

With the Master Race, is there enough material for a Dark Knight omni?

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    With the Master Race, is there enough material for a Dark Knight omni?
    Is Miller still intending to do another chapter in the story? I assume they'll wait to omni it until he's done. That said, if they included Superman: Year One, DKR, DKSA, DK:MR (and related material) you can get to a pretty hefty volume even without ASBAR.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    The year of the villain omni is only 500 pages. So they could do it, unless they are planning a sequel.
    My issue is, if we are counting the Boy Wonder, 1 great story, 1 mediocre story and 2 bad stories isn't a killer line-up.
    Is Miller still intending to do another chapter in the story? I assume they'll wait to omni it until he's done. That said, if they included Superman: Year One, DKR, DKSA, DK:MR (and related material) you can get to a pretty hefty volume even without ASBAR.
    Was Master Race not well received? (I haven’t read it yet)

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

It includes the special and Annual 3. I forgot to list the rest of the contents because I was working out in my head if I thought they'd do 76-89 in a v2 to run up to the Deodato collection or do WML in three volumes and supplant the Deodato one. I didn't get anywhere with that . . .

Between this and the Flash: Savage Velocity collection, they're really making an effort to get some books almost completely collected (WW will take a lot more work between Byrne and Jimenez). It's really nice, even if I'm sure there are going to be these really stupid gaps that prevent me from saying I have a complete run on the shelf . . .
    With the recent Jimenez omnibus, and Byrne's third and final hardcover on the way, I believe that only leaves Eric Luke's run. If DC moves forward on that, we should have WW v. 2 collected in full if I'm not mistaken...? (give or take a few fill in issues).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 02:50 PM.